Page 76 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 76

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Man, I'm posting a little late in the day today. It's been a long day for me today. Work started off on a good solid middle c note but it completely hit a double flat on the way out of the door. Then Mom calls me from the ER while I'm at the gym. Most people would have gone right to the hospital, but I didn't. I was too stressed out from work to deal with ER stuff. Mom needed me to check up on her dog and let him out. The only problem was that I didn't have a key. I was hoping she'd have one stashed away close to the door, but no luck. My group was meeting right around the corner from my mom's place. I needed to be with them tonight for a little while before going and seeing how she was doing. I know that I sound extremely selfish and even admit that I should have gone and seen her. I just know that loosing my temper wouldn't have done anyone else any good. Thankfully we just did fellowship instead of study. It's what I needed. Mom was fine when we left earlier. She was just waiting on blood work and results from a scan.

Food for yesterday and today was much better. My stomach has calmed down quite a bit.

Tuesday Whole30 Day 2
    Meal 1: Some bacon, some other meat cooked at home, and some veggies. I can't remember what it was!
    Meal 2: Leftover beef from Monday and caulirice.
    Meal 3: Not the best meal but it worked. 3 Apple Chicken sausages
    Drinks: Water and kombucha
    Exercise: One walk around the building at work, leg day at the gym.

Wednesday Whole30 Day 3
    Meal 1: Alaskan Cod seasoned with salt and pepper, cooked in bacon fat with some wine and lemon juice (wine had alcohol evaporated out) with some steamed broccoli
    Meal 2: 2 mustard glazed chicken thighs with salad
    Snack: Last Apple Chicken Sausage
    Meal 3: 2 turkey burgers with apple slices as buns and some dried(?) plantain chips
    Drinks: water and tea
    Exercise: Morning walk, one walk around work building, and upper body.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

I forgot to mention that Roxy peed on my carpet this morning before I even got to take her for a walk.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Hey Sweetheart. Sounds like you're dealing with a lot right now. Lots of prayers headed your way as usual.

If it makes you feel any better your stress would have not helped your mom. You made the right decision to get your own head on straight before dealing with her. It wasn't selfish. It would have been more selfish if you had gone to visit her then dumped your issues while you were with her- that wouldn't have been fair to either of you. At least you were able to go and be surrounded by people who could comfort you (not saying mom can't she just had her head in other places). You did the right thing.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Sorry for not posting yesterday! Once again work was crazy, but I managed to get through it with God knocking me upside the head a few times here and there.

I went home and took a nap instead of going to the gym. I might have slept through the night had it not been for the fact that I wanted to make sure that Gabi and I had dinner. It turns out that she only ate because we went out! She wasn't too hungry. Oh well. It happens, right? We went to TJMaxx and bought a few things like some new shorts for her and for me, a new sports bra that's super freaking neon green. I think I just needed to relax some more and my body was definitely telling me that. The weather was supposed to get real nasty yesterday afternoon. Turns out it was all huff and no puff!

I plan on hitting up the gym today. I'm beginning to realize how much I miss just lifting weights and how it forces me to focus. I like using a mix that's heavy on free weights and light on machines. Sometimes I don't have a choice but to go the other way, but I try not to let it drag me down.

Thursday Whole30 Day 4
    Meal 1: Rottesserie chicken slices. I didn't have time for anything else and that was a bummer
    Meal 2: Mustard glazed chicken with some salad
    Meal 3: Half a samonwhich with no bread, side salad from Jason's with NO nuts or dried fruits (but I did have some dried pineapple and apple slices that I bought from Natural Grocers, no sugar added). Also had some strawberries.
    Exercise: Morning dog walk
    Drinks: Water and unsweet tea

Ecks, sometimes my stress levels from work just get the better of me. Plus, I also have problems with my mom's problems at times. It gets ugly when those two factors collide. Thank you for praying for me!

Yikes! Looks like I need to post for Friday and Saturday.

Quick question for anyone reading this: What is up with a pineapple craving? I've been craving it and having some, either fresh or dried. I'm not normally a pineapple person but I don't hate on it either.

Friday was pretty chill. I felt like doing nothing after work and that's pretty much what happened minus me going to the gym. Does anyone else ever nickname people that they sometimes see at the gym? I've got one guy with a name and it's Captain America. That's who he looks like to me. I don't heckle him so no worries there.

I spent most of my day cleaning carpets on Saturday. That was my exercise because the Rug Doctor doesn't mess around!

My belly likes me a whole lot more since I'm doing another Whole30. No complaints from the digestive area even with the pineapple. I'm surprised by that, but I guess belly is ok with it? I should be fine as long as I'm not eating it everyday.

Friday Whole30 Day 5
    Meal 1: Bacon, brisket, and some fruit
    Meal 2: Sliced smoked turkey and some avocado
    Meal 3: I think something breadless from Jason's and a side salad
    Drinks: Water and unsweetened tea
    Exercise: Morning dog walk and leg day at the gym

Saturday Whole30 Day 6
    Meal 1: Pork chop cooked with some spinach and green onions in bacon fat
    Meal 2: 2 Homemade burgers (I was too lazy to get a salad together....)
    Meal 3: The rest of the burgers and some vegetable, but I can't remember what it was.
    Exercise: Deep cleaning the carpets with Rug Doctor

I wonder if that's just the time of the season... I've been craving ungodly amounts sugar hardcore lately. Even to the point where I was salivating last week when someone walked by with a bubble tea (with jellies!). I haven't dived into any... chose not to. But I was getting concerned at the craving a bit. CS suggested that I eat some greek yogurt with honey and that seemed to get it done. Feeling much better now as far as sugar cravings... my journal outlines a different issue that I'm having though ...
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

I don't know what it is with the pineapple. The craving hasn't really gone away. I'm not sure what's up with it.

Gabi and I both had an interesting weekend. I managed to stick with Whole30 through most of it, but I might have to stop and start again today. Not sure. Mom begged me to try a tidbit of a gluten free cookie that she made. The thing that I'm starting to realize with Mom is that she's sort of letting old habits creep in. Like she's not really getting the whole idea of not using certain cooking oils and other indgrediants. I'm not sure what to do other than just not eat some of the stuff?

Sunday Whole30 Day 7
    Meal 1: Mustard Glazed Chicken. I don't remember what vegetable I had, but I know I had one
    Meal 2: I had a very late meal 2 that day because Gabi had to be somewhere that afternoon and I stuck around for a little bit before going to grab some food. Some corned beef and pastrami with side salad
    Meal 3: This was more like a snack. I had some watermelon
    Exercise: Running around getting stuff done for Gabi. I took Roxy for her morning walk.

Monday Whole 30 Day 8
    Meal 1: The leftover chicken and some carrots. Bacon too.
    Meal 2: Salad with chicken breast that was sliced and some bacon too....
    Meal 3: Sausage from Eades Meats and a burger with some sauteed onions and mushrooms. A small tidbit of mom's gluten free cookie
    Exercise: Morning walk with roxy and an evening walk with Roxy

Sometimes you just gotta stick with it and say no. That being said you've already seen the effects of your whole30 and while whole30 is lifestyle turned 30 day diet you've seen the point and the benefits of it. If you ate the cookie then I'm glad you did! It's part of the lifestyle to enjoy the occasional indulgences.

Man am I tired this morning! We had a tornado threat last night. Thankfully our area didn't have a tornado touchdown. There was one on the ground a block over and several lights down. There's been no reported deaths or injuries, no major damage to houses as far as I know. I do know that both of my front windows in my apt have been destroyed by hail, some of which got up to slightly larger than golf ball size. We are ok. My mom is ok. I think she might need a new windshield. We stayed in the bathroom for probably about 10 minutes because the storm passed by quickly. We could have been in there for longer, I don't know. Time seems to stand still in moments like that.

Ecks, I think I'm just going to go ahead and make today my new Day 1. I'm fine with it. I've got small group at my place tonight and I'm in charge of the food stuffs. That means I get to make sure I can eat what's on the menu. This sort of takes the guess work out of it for me.

Tuesday Whole 30 Day9
    Meal 1: Pork chop and sauteed spinach cooked in bacon grease with 4 pcs bacon
    Meal 2: Leftover sausage and burger with salad
    Meal 3: Skirt steak cooked in bacon grease with steamed broccoli
    Snack in between Meal 2 & 3: Shredded coconut
    Snack after storm blew over: Summer Sausage from 3H all natural beef. ARGH! They put soy protien in there
    Drinks: Water and more water
    Exercise: Morning dog walk, one after walk around the building, and upper body at the gym (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!)

Page 76 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast