Page 75 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 75

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure how to say what I want to say without it coming off being conceited? I have noticed a change in her that concerns me though. She has too. I try not to say anything to her because I feel that if I do it will depress her. I do get on her about the sugary stuff that she wants all the time along with the junk food. I think I would be more ok with her choices if they were somewhat healthier. She's under the impression that I can't possibly know what I'm talking about (the usual teenage attitude). I should mention that those pictures are over a year old at this point. She did go for a walk run with Roxy last night while I was at the gym. That's a start. She's just not as active as she used to be.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Fair enough. Sorry if I'm sticking my nose where I shouldn't. I've been the overweight/unhealthy teen before. I dieted throughout my teen years and it's not fun. The difference was that I was extremely unhealthy (as in I was at my current weight at grade 10...). The mentality of trying to fit in and be healthy can be a daily challenge- especially when the only thing people really have in common now are sitting down around a table to eat.

If it helps at all maybe a sports team with a schedule would keep her active. At that point it's not a "I don't feel like exercising" so much as a "my team is depending on me being there". It has an heir of responsibility and accountability and would help her feel like she's a part of a group of young girls.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

She wants to get into sports, actually. The thing is, you have to have taken a certain elective during your 7th grade year to play next year. I would love to have her in track because she enjoys running. She keeps talking about joining an outside team apart from the school. I would like for her to do that too. She keeps forgetting to get me the information! The only thing is is that she needs to stick more with a sport that I don't know as much about or else I might try to "help" her and that never ends well for either one of us, lol.

You aren't sticking your nose where it doesn't belong, trust me. If I didn't think I needed help, I wouldn't type about it. She and I are so different about this kind of stuff. Yes, I might slightly care about fitting in, but not to the point where it's going to keep me from eating and doing what is best for me. I was pretty much like that as a teen too. It's just hard for me to wrap my head around that idea at times. She's so much more like my sister with this sort of stuff.

I've been sort of stressed over the past week because of work and personal stuff. I decided that after I came home from the gym last night that I needed to throw some heavy stuff around. We have a small open field across the street from our apartment complex that I use from time to time. So I took my kettle bell and my river rock (aka road rock that the city is never going to fix) and went to town. I had originally settled on just 50 meters down and back for each throwing each one, but by the end I sort of went nuts. I used the kettle bell for single arm throws and the rock for overhead stuff. I don't know what happened to me the last two rounds, but I must have had some pent up stress and anger to let go of.

I tried playing on the keyboard last night but I had too much stuff going on in my head to stay focused I couldn't make it through Moonlight Sonata without getting distracted or even my etudes. I stopped and prayed, trying to let go of some stuff, but it kept coming back. I finally just stopped and went to bed.

Tuesday May 14th
    Meal 1: Home mixed sausage with some mushrooms
    Meal 2: Leftover fish, homemade salad, dressing, and one avocado
    Snack: The almond butter chocolate honey mix with some added shredded coconut
    Meal 3: Steak and sauteed zucchini and mushrooms
    Drinks: Water and Kefir
    Exercise: Morning dog walk, one walk around the building, leg day at the gym, and throwing heavy stuff around in the field.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Why not schedule a time when the two of you can register for an external team? Or look for local amature teams on kijiji? I'm just thinking if you two schedule a time then there is an "Urgency" about it.

Sounds like the destressor was necessary. Feels like alone time like that would be a good time to talk to god as well. I don't need details but I will be praying for you! Love you!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Love you too ecks! It was a good time to talk to God, but more so just get through some stuff in my head. I've had too much going on lately between work and home. My body wants a break right now. I'm also thinking that the almond butter thing might be causing my belly to be slightly upset with me. That means no more for a while. I feel like I need Whole30 again. I remember saying that I was going to try to stay with it for longer than 30 days, but that didn't happen. No, I think I need to cut out stuff.

Tonight was good because I got to spend time with a friend that I haven't had the chance to talk to in a while. I'm trying to remember exactly what I ate yesterday, but it's not happening right now. I do know that I'm getting much better with making sure that I'm getting more veggies back into my diet at each meal. I think I'll try another new food tomorrow when we go to the store.

Gabi finally got her first orientation ride in a Cessna 172! They got to fly over Palo Duro Canyon for a little bit and then come back. I'm not sure how much she liked it, but I'm glad that she went.

Just as a thought for veggie intake my best friend has been juicing vegetables. Sure you cut the fiber but it's been an easy way to down higher amounts of veggies in a day.

Do you ever talk to friends about what's going on in life? Like face to face over coffee or something? It's one thing to talk about your day here and it's one day to get it out over an angry workout but personal human interaction (as much as you are prone to avoiding it) can be great for cortisol levels.

This past weekend was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got to see Star Trek with Gabi and a friend of ours. I can just say this: Benedict Cumberbatch has become exponentially more attractive to me after seeing him in this movie. I love him as Sherlock Holmes, but the butt side of him was, well, it just was. I'll leave it alone at that.

I spent yesterday doing nothing much of any importance after church. I just wanted to relax. Gabi had suggested volleyball, but I didn't want to do anything that required too much work because I just wanted a break. I got a little extra vitamin D!

My eating wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst either. I'm starting back on Whole30 today. I have no vacation plans within the next few months. My digestive system is screaming at me to go back to Whole30. It liked it better when it was calm and no belly aches. Goodbye certain foods hello happy belly!

Sounds like someones got Cumberpatch fever . I thought he was outstanding in this role and the movie all around was extremely well done It'll be on my shelf as soon as it comes out

My eating was garbage too this weekend. Time to clean up what I put in me and get back on track!

Yes, I have caught that fever. I'm sure plenty of women will after watching this movie! I really do enjoy him as Sherlock Holmes.

I think I might have to start Whole30 Day 1 today becaues yesterday was a little off for me. I had somewhat of a nasty headache and had to take something because Gabi had her last concert last night. I also had some almonds and walnuts mixed with some berries last night at Orange Leaf. I didn't partake in the fro yo, just the berry toppings and some shredded coconut bits too. I topped it off with cinnamon. Man that was so yummy!

I did cook my favorit dish: Lamb burgers! I love the way those taste! I also now have some rosemary in one of the containers on my porch (which is thankfully getting some rain so that I don't have to water it). Oh, I have some oregano and some sage planted too! I can't wait for them to grow bigger!

Monday almost Whole30 Day 1, lol:
    Meal 1: Grass fed beef stew meat cooked in duck fat with zucchini and mushrooms.
    Meal 2: Mom's leftover chicken with some asparagus (roasted) and some regular cucumber and white carrot
    Snack because I needed some food when taking the migraine stuff: Slice of ham
    Meal 3: 2 Lamb burgers seasoned with kosher salt, garlic powder, pepper, half of a lemon's worth of lemon juice, and some olive oil. Cauli-rice
    Dessert: Mixed berries, some almonds, walnuts, and some shredded coconut, and some cinnamon
    Exercise: Morning walk with Roxy, one walk at work. Nothing else becuase we didn't have time.

Ecks, I'm starting a new journal for the "Not a Fan" bible study that my small group is using. I really hope this pushes me in my relationship with Christ. I'll let you know how it goes!

PrimalCon New York
    Only thing on your Whole30 Day 1 list that isn't "Whole30" is meds. And even then they are anti inflammatory so I wouldn't be worried about it. I'd call that a solid whole30 day.

Keep me in the loop as to how things go with your bible study! Getting close to people (which I admit I hate doing myself) is a great way to reduce stresses in life.

Page 75 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast