Page 74 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 74

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I am very glad that I got to workout with some friends yesterday! It made the time go by quicker, but it also helped me to realize that I do enjoy encouraging others

I got on the keyboard (it's a full size one) and starting messing around last night before bed. I think I might just want to pick up some blues music and try to learn that style. I just want to ask this question about instruments: Why the lack of love on viola solos?!!!!!!!!! Can't an alto instrument get in on some of that? Most female pop starts sing in the alto range. Hook a girl up!

Oh yeah, I found that I do happen to like almond butter mixed with a little bit of honey and some ground cocoa (the stuff that I normally brew). Maybe I might like it a little too much? It was almost my dinner last night because I gorged out. I need to maybe keep a snack available in my lunch bag for after work.

Tuesday May 7th
    Meal 1: Crap, I forgot what I had! I'll fix this later when I remember
    Meal 2: Duck with homemade mayo and salad
    Meal 3: The almond butter mix up and some mustard glazed chicken
    Exercise: Morning walk with dog. Leg day at the gym
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    If you do it with apple butter and put it in the fridge over night in a square container it solidifies into no bake brownies... just sayin Might do it with honey too but I haven't tried it
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

I love that idea! Now I just need some more almond butter. I sort of ate the last of it yesterday morning!

How can I tell when I've had a rough day at work? When one of the guys says he can tell that I'm worn out because my eyes were getting smaller.

Group was good last night. We're in a series called Not a Fan. I think I might just go buy the book and the journal.

Wednesday May 8
    Meal 1: Fish and the last of the almond butter. I didn't really have a lot of time to get a veggie in
    Meal 2: The last of the duck and some more mayo. Homemade salad with some homemade dressing
    Meal 3: Beef and chicken fajiata meat with some quacamole
    Exercise: One walk around the building
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found some hidden almond butter in my cabinet yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also found some hidden organic cocoa powder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was my snack when I got home yesterday. Then I didn't eat until very late. I broke a rule that I actually had set for myself before I went Primal several years ago. No food close to bedtime. I just didn't have time to cook because I needed a nap after my work day yesterday. WORN OUT! Today isn't shaping up to be much better, but I don't care. I'm not gonig to let it get to me!

I went to visit with a friend yesterday because she had surgery on her wrist. She's due for back surgery in a few weeks, so you if you pray or send up positive thoughts, I'd appreciate it! She's a new friend and we met through worship choir. In the midst of me visiting we got rain last night. Not just the piddly little stuff we get from time to time, but a torrential downpour! Poor Gabi and her C.A.P. squadron were out there doing drill in the rain. They are a bunch of troopers! I felt her pain because I've had to deal with weather like that in the Army while out in the field. It's not fun.

Thursday May 9th
    Meal 1: Mustard Glazed chicken and the other half of the acron squash
    Meal 2: Mustard glazed chicken and home mixed salad with an avocado and some homemade may mixed with seasonings as the dressing
    Snack: Almond butter with some cocoa powder and a little honey
    Meal 3: California club sans bread and some fruit. I mostly ate the meat and bacon, then Gabi gave me some of the meat from her sandwich.
    Drinks: Water and unsweet tea
    Exercise: Walk in the morning with Roxy, one walk at work, and that's it.

How's your health challenge going with Gabi? Been a while since you brought it up!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Ecks, she actually brought that up last night! She asked for an extension. Now the only reason that I said yes is that she was sick for a little bit and didn't go to the gym. I don't agree with her reasoning, but I do understand it. This weekend wasn't a good weekend food wise. I'm sort of going backwards with my weekends right now. It seems like I'm eating worse on the weekend than when I do during the week. Case in point: Orange Leaf yesterday. I was craving that so bad yesterday and we almost made it through the day without. Then I just let it happen because I knew they'd have a gluten free option or dairy free. Of course they had both. Does that make it right? No, but I don't really care too much about yesterday at this point because the actual day itself was pretty darn awesome!

We went to church and I even managed to get us there early enough for volunteering at the youth group cafe. I'm always late to my Sunday class because of this. I don't sweat it because I can usually catch up and we are getting into the parables which happen to be my favorite part of the Bible! Yes, you guessed it, I enjoyed Aesops fables as a kid too We had lunch which was a burger and a salad for me. I have a side gripe here: What is up with the lack of originality when it comes to salad at restaurants?! I mean I don't need a "bed" of lettuce with scant amounts of other vegetables! I need more options. Max & Ermas Restaurant seemed to be the one place back home that I could count on to pile on the veggies with salads. This is the reason why I like Jason's Deli if we eat outside of the house. They have a pretty darn good salad bar. Ok, off the side gripe...

Ok, back to my day: I asked Gabi what she wanted to do after lunch because I wasn't up for the usual walking around TJMaxx (that place is like crack for me). She suggested just laying out in the sun and getting some rays. PERFECT! It was perfect because I didn't have to do much and I could read some more of the Agatha Christie book that I bought. I'm not sure how much I like her writing compared to Conan Doyle and Sherlock Holmes. I don't think I like Poirot very much, but Maples isn't doing poorly at the moment.

Then we went to a local coffee shop to chill for a little bit. The place is as much eclectic as it is eccentric. I love it because it reminds me of home. We played some Battleship and some form of Dominoes that I don't think actually constitutes a game. Then we met my mom at Texas Roadhouse for dinner, which she paid for! I couldn't believe it becuase normally I pay. I was more than fine with her paying for dinner, but she also bought me a new music stand! She said that she saw it in Hobby Lobby and wanted to get it for me. She had to go back and get it the next day. Did I mention that Gabi made me this really awesome poster sized Mother's Day card? Yep, it's hanging on the wall in my room I'll post pictures later

The day ended with my messing around on the violin to give the new stand a try. Then we had to take care of Roxy's ears because one of them has an ear infection. Once again, Gabi and I make a great team getting this done.

I don't know how I managed the energy level that I had yesterday, but it happened! This came even after a day at work that had me mostly standing and not doing much of anything physically. I managed to work with what I had in my refridgerator yesterday morning considering that I didn't have much time or food to cook with. I have found that I don't like turnips in the morning....

Roxy seems to be doing much better with her ear. She's not whinning as much. Now if I could just get rid of Gabi's cough! She's had it for almost two weeks now. Somedays she is fine, somedays not so much. I don't want to take her to the doctor because I know they will just give her antibiotics or whatever else. I'd really rather have her heal on her own, but it's getting old.

Monday May 13th
    Meal 1: Two home mixed sausage patties with sauteed mushrooms and turnips
    Meal 2: The last of the duck! Salad with some avocado and some salt
    Snack: My own blend of chocolate almond butter with 85%
    Meal 3: Cod loin seasoned with Greek seasoning mix and more mushrooms with leeks this time
    Exercise: Morning and afternoon walk with Roxy, one walk around the building at work, and Upper Body workout at the gym.

Could any inflammatory foods be aggravating her cough? Milk, wheat/gluten, sugars... etc? The soy often found in "chicken noodle" soup can be a bitch as well

Laying in the sun as you guys were before would probably help as well!

Trying to remove conventional wisdom out of her head is about akin to asking me to let a dentist remove my wisdom teeth. She doesn't buy it. All of her friends do whatever they want as far as food is concerned and they all look normal (this is her reasoning) I have to pick and choose my battles with her to keep my sanity in tact. I know what the problem is. It's getting her to understand it. I don't do a very good job of explaining to her why she should get rid of the stuff. She's too concerned with fitting in.

Well is she unhealthy at all? From photos that you've posted she seems a healthy young gal. While I could say "teach her from an early age" I'm almost recommend you just let her fit in. I know it's hard especially after what you've just learned but building her self confidence in her self the way she is while fitting in would probably be more beneficial. Mental health to a certain degree is almost more important than physical- especially when she's not particularly visibly unhealthy.

Page 74 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast