Page 73 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 73

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Mmm... uncured bacon... you can render the best cooking fat out of that!

If you're looking for meal replacement bars you should check out epic. Meat and fruit based bars so they'll pack a good balance of protein, fat and carbos. I'd buy some but they are under audit at the canadian boarder right now and can't deliver *sadface*

epicbar.com
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    I might just throw some rosemary sea salt mix on the bacon and let it sit in the fridge for a few days
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Ever heard of Himalayan salt lamps? Apparently they help balance out electrons in a room (ones that we are exposed to by screens, fluorescent lamps ... etc) Apparently they can also be used to cure meat!

Himalayan Rock & Crystal Salt Lamps, Salt Crystal Lamps For Sale
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Sabine, maybe I need to consider looking into that idea? I'm going back today to try to donate again. I hope this works. I made sure to get in some extra beef yesterday and I took an iron pill this morning because I was also borderline low to donate. It's not that my iron count it low, but they like to have the numbers in a certain little sweet spot.

Lets see here. I kind of left work on a bit of a sour note yesterday. By the end of the day, though, I was good to go and pretty tired. My poor daughter had to deal with my temper, but she also pushed a few buttons. Advice please? I didn't really start thinking about wearing makeup until I was probably closer to 15. She's trying to fight me on this one. To me, she's extremely beautiful. I can't imagine why she thinks she needs to do anything to her face, even if it is just mascara. She has the thickest and blackest eyelashes for someone with extremely naturally highlighted and lowlighted bright blonde hair. Did I mention she has like steel blue eyes? Why would she want to mess with that? I can't wrap my head around that. I want her to leave it alone, but she wants to tamper with it. Ugh.

Anyway. I went to the gym last night after dropping her off at a friends house. I think I like doing upper body more because I feel so strong when I can lift heavier stuff! If they let us throw heavy weights at the gym, I'd be in heaven. But they don't. So, I'll just stick to doing that here Plus, I'm sure that might scare some of the guys to see a chick doing something like that.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot! I left my phone at home yesterday and didn't realize it. I panicked when I realized I didn't have it at work. So I called the grocery store to see if they might have had it, but no luck. So, in my 30 mins for lunch, I sped home to grab it. Roxy was happy because I let her out for the rest of the day. I had two minutes to get my phone and take her out, plus grab my lunch. I used 3... I made it back in just enough time yesterday!

I took Roxy for a nice evening stroll along our favorite trail last night. There's some field mice that hang around that trail that always catch her attention so we stop and check stuff out. I just can't let her get too far into some areas because she'll get burrs all over her. Smart little rodents.

Friday May 3rd
    Meal 1: Bacon and brisket
    Meal 2: Mustard glazed chicken and carrots
    Snack: Two Bearded Guys (out of Austin) Chocolate Bar
    Meal 3: Jason's Deli Corned Beef, Pastrami, and side salad
    Drinks: Water and iced tea
    Workouts: Upper Body at the gym and one evening dog walk.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Yesterday marked what would have been my grandmother's 99th birthday. My mom cooked up some meatloaf, lima beans, and some potatoes to celebrate. She bought, instead of baked, lemon meringue pie. I skipped the beans, but I did have some of the pie. Mom isn't confident enough to make her own such pie because my grandmother used to make the best one when we were younger. It was a good way to remember Nana.

Worship choir was awesome yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!! After we sang the last song at the last service, I was on a high! I felt like we were doing an encore set at that service. Man do I love that feeling of being moved by the Spirit Once again, the inspiration to get back into music is creeping in. I think what I need now is motivation, like a concert or recital or get together with friends to just play music and enjoy each others company. I miss doing that sort of stuff!

Sunday April 5th
    Meal 1: Eggs and bacon with some carrots
    Meal 2: Pecanberry Salad (needed more meat!)
    Snack: Pork Rinds and some Duck Rind while I was rendering duck fat
    Meal 3: Meat loaf, potatoes, and some lemon meringue pie
    Drinks: Water, Kefir, and Iced Tea
    Exercise: Morning dog walk

You've got me thinking I should start posting about mixing at church. I mix every week but never really bring it up here. The great and odd thing about this group is that it seems the majority of us are christ followers. What's more odd to me is that worship of a god is extremely primal and yet the spiritual part of our health is never brought up.

Glad you were able to celebrate the life of your nana. I never really new any of my grandparents (3 died before I got a chance to know them at all, one living but doesn't speak the same language or live in the same country)- I always felt like that was a missing part of my life.

My Nana was the really the only grandparent that I knew. I saw my dad's dad like a few times and then went to his funeral. The only thing that tied us to him was my generations time in the service (my brother, sister, and I have all served). Our other grandparents (I don't count my grandpa's second wife because she didn't really care too much about us) had passed away before we were born. I did have one great grandmother and I loved her to pieces! She was the epitomy of old school Italian grandma and man could she cook!

I think I'm coming out of my shell more about my spirituality because I feel like I should. I have no intention of critizing anyone else over what they believe. I just want to share how He has helped to shape my life because it's a part of who I am. You are right, it's just as much a part of being primal as the food we eat and the exercise.

I ran into some of my bookclub girlfriends last night on my way out of the gym. We're going to try to get together and workout tonight as a small group. I could really use this right now. I don't have as many girlfriends to hang out with because I've sort of dropped some of the people in my life that weren't the best influence. It's not that I don't love and care about them anymore. It's more like I want to move on with my life. I've kind of become more of a loner than ever in the process. I also don't mind doing things by myself, such as going to the gym. It's just nice to have them there so that we can all support one another. Plus they might help me not to look at the guys, lol!

I made homemade mayo yesterday! Man that was soooooo good! I used the recipe out of the sauces and such book from Mark. I had to use limes because I didn't have any lemons. I also found out when I got home that it called for high oleic SUNFLOWER oil. I bought high oleic SAFFLOWER oil. I wonder if that's okay? Anyway, it tasted great as a dip for some pork rinds and to use to make duck meat salad. YUM!

Monday May 6th
    Meal 1: The last of the uncured bacon and two eggs over easy with some sauteed mushrooms and onions
    Meal 2: Leftover meat loaf, a few of the potatoes, and a salad that included blueberries (side note, you do NOT need to add lime juice to a salad when using a mix of Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar and EVOO because that makes it even more tart!), and also an avocado
    Snack: BAD GIRL ALERT! Someone's wife made some chocolate candies and I had some. I had the intention of only giving them to Gabi because she was craving some chocolate. Then I made the mistake of trying some. BAD GIRL ALERT! I ate more than just one handful, that's all I'm saying.
    Meal 3: Some pork rinds with the homemade mayo (which is almost gone) and then some duck meat salad.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I have been making my mayonaise using olive oil. It is a stronger taste, but I am starting to prefer it to bland store-mayo. Next time I am in funds, I am thinking of getting some hazelnut oil to try. Somehow, I feel it would make a great mayonaise.

Light EVOO works well for mayo too... It's less bold then regular EVOO and blends well.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks you two!

This was my lunch time today:
    Coworker: So, what are you eating for lunch today?
    Me: Duck, homemade mayo, and salad
    Coworker: Duck is out of season
    Me: Duck is never out of season
    Coworker: You always eat the stuff that nobody else does
    Me, in my head: But of course!

Also, as far as I'm concerned, if it moves, it's not out of season. Only fruits and vegetables go out of season to me. That's also questionable depending on where you live.

Page 73 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast