Page 72 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 72

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    There is a possibility that I may have gone overboard with the weights the other day at the gym. The thing is, I don't care! I was so excited to be able to lift 35lbs for the bent over row that it didn't matter to me that I might hurt in the morning. The only reason why I used that weight instead of 30 is because all the 30's were gone!

Yesterday was a long and ardous day for me at work and at home. However, by the end of the day all had worked itself out. I am grateful to God that it did.

The duck has to wait until tomorrow for cooking. I won't have time for it today because we have group tonight. I'm ready for some good duck fat to cook with!

Tues Apr 30
    Meal 1: Mustard Glazed Chicken with some carrots (my go to veggie in the mornings)
    Meal 2: Mustard glazed chicken, some berries and a stalk of celery (celery boats with berries are quite nice!)
    Snack: A few pieces of liverwurst
    Meal 3: Fish! Yum! I bought Mark's sauce book thing and used one of the recipes for that. Good stuff Steamed yellow squash
    Drinks: Water
    Exercise: Morning dog walk and one walk around the building. Leg day weight training at the gym.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Doing a whole duck or just the breasts?
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

The whole duck
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

That's a chore... at least 4 hours or so! Post on how it goes!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Oh, it's not that big! It's usually about 2 hours.

Side note: Let the crazy Texas Panhandle weather begin! It's about to snow in a few hours.....

Woo! Make a snowman!

NO SNOW! Oh well, at least I didn't have to get up earlier this morning to get to work on time. I was kind of half hoping that we would get white out conditions like they said we might get. No luck

Something odd happened yesterday when I went to go donate blood. My blood pressure was too low. It was 97/48. It doesn't normally get that low. However my blood pressure is usually on the lower end. I couldn't donate yesterday. They did say that I could come back again today or tomorrow or whenever to donate. The last time my bp was almost too high. That was a little over 2 months ago.

Wednesday May 1st
    Meal 1: 2 homemade sausage patties and a few pieces of bacon with some carrots
    Meal 2: Leftover fish with the leek sauce and the rest of the steamed yellow squash
    Snack because I thought I would be donating blood: Liverwurst and some cheese
    Meal 3: Paleo crepes that someone made for group, strawberries, and a salad bar trip from Jason's Deli
    Drinks: Water, honey sweetened tea, and some kefir in the morning
    Exercise: Morning dog walk and that's it.

Are you getting enough salt in your diet? One of the dangers of going paleo is that we go from such a high salt count in SAD boxed foods to very low salt count in our diets. Iodized salt might need to make it's way back into your diet.

As sisson puts it- being best friends with your salt shaker will never equal the amount of salts in processed foods.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I am drinking about a teaspoon of salt in my electrolyte water every day, and my blood pressure was still lower this last time I got it checked. It had begun creeping upwards a few years ago. Now I am back to a nice normal.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I use salt in most of my recipes. I might have used too much in the duck recipe yesterday. It was sea salt, but not the already granulated stuff. I usually have to grind it up in the coffee grinder. Speaking of the duck! I bought some mexican cinnamon the other day because I wanted to try this other kind. The sticks are bit flakier than the other stuff that I buy. WOW! That stuff packs some heat! I ground up some of the mexican sticks and some of the regular stuff. Then I mixed them up. The aroma was rather strong yet extremely pleasing to the nose I guess I could have gone without the pepper in the recipe..... That stuff was a bit hot, but it didn't over power the rest of the flavors

The worship choir is singing again this weekend at church! The worship team leader is thinking about doing this once a month and I'm completely cool with it. We get to get up there, sing praises to God, and lead the church in worship , but it's only a once a month commitment. That's probably best right now. I'm also hoping it will inspire me to start writing again. I'm not so good with getting music to lyrics yet, but I know I'll get there

OH YEAH! Gabi's choir received all One's at the Greater Southwest Music Festival yesterday! I was a little worried for her because she's had a cough and a bit of a sore throat the past few days. She said they did a great job. I'm so proud of them!

Thursday May 2
    Meal 1: Eggs with some real actual uncured bacon
    Meal 2: Chicken Apple Sausages with homemade salad and some feta cheese
    Meal 3: Not the best meal of the day, but I'm not worried about it. Chocolate Coconut Secret Bar and some Larabar. I didn't have time to eat dinner before I left for practice because the duck was still roasting. I got a late start. I did have most of the skin off the top when I got home.
    Drinks: Water

Page 72 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast