Page 70 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 70

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It is delicious! I just have to say that if you aren't used to organic raw honey, watch it! My poor nose wasn't sure what had happened to it once it got a whiff of it. I think I'll be okay in the future. I did maybe go a little crazy on some plantain chips and some cassava root chips. Maybe some pineapple ones too. Although this morning I had some great freshly cut up pineapple. Hmmmmmm. That with some bacon in the morning is good stuff. Add some duck in there and it's golden!

Monday April 22
    Meal 1: Scallop piccata sans wine. This is an excellent first meal with some mushroom thrown into the sauce while it's reducing.
    Meal 2: Leftover of Mom's cooking. Pork butt and her homemade slaw sans cabbage. She used celery root and something else that I have forgotten the name of. Oops! Oh well, it was good stuff. YUM!
    Meal 3: Plantain chips, cassava root chips, and pineapple chips.... The Honey Mustard Cuban burgers. Hmmmm.....
    Exercise: Morning dog walk and then cleaning the apt. We have group at my place this week.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Mouth ='s drooling

The raw honey probably had that effect on you because you're likely allergic to a flower in the region it was made. If you include it as part of your diet there are multiple studies that show it can help heal you of pollen allergies in the region the honey that was made. It's why local honey is stressed on paleo sites. It has an effect that far away honey just can't fill.

I'm on a low sugar stint right now. Once it's done I'm going to dive into making some of those burgers!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Oh, I wish it was more local! It's from Jersey There's only one person here who does local honey and I can't find her information You can still make the burgers and just not use the honey mustard sauce.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

EEWWW! No one wants anything from Jersey! lol I have family in jersey- don't tell them I said that
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

I need to find that lady's phone number so I can order some more honey from her. Now that stuff has a bitter taste to it! It's mostly because of the weeds that are available here. You can tell by the taste. I just now posted something on FB to call for my friends to share a post so that maybe I can find her and buy about like 5 jars. I hope this works!

We have the apartment clean and almost ready for tonights study group. I just need to cook up those cuban burgers The rest of the food is going to be fruits and veggies in the raw. Oh yeah! I did an adult thing and bought some serving dishes. I love TJMaxx for this kind of stuff. So I took another step into the real grown up world. Don't worry, I won't stay there for long. I just needed some serving dishes

I have noticed that I've been really hard on myself lately and I need to knock it off! This is supposed to be fun and healthy at the same time. Not healthy and hard on myself all the time. Jeeze petes!

I bought a new music book to teach me some stuff on my ukelele. I think that I've found that some of my harshness on myself stems from the lack of playing instruments or really even singing for that matter. I love doing those two things. I will not be too hard on myself about these things, but I want to get back to those things. They make me feel alive! It's a little harder learning as an adult because I want to do things my way or no way with this stuff. I have to remember that I can't just pick things up and expect to know how to play them right away. Time is my friend here

Tuesday Apr 23
    Meal 1: 3 pcs bacon, the last of the leftover duck, some carrots, and some pineapple pieces
    Meal 2: The other 2 cuban burgers and then some pineapple pieces with strawberries. Oh, the honey mustard sauce
    Snack: Some liverwurst and some pork rinds
    Drinks: water
    Cleaned the rest of the apartment.

You've mentioned a few times that you sing. Have any recordings? I'd love to hear your voice!

Actually I do have some on my fb page.

Woo woo! The burgers were a success last night! I was also suprised by the fact that most of my friends used the raw organic honey mustard sauce verses the regular honey mustard sauce that I had mixed up. I was concerned that the taste might not be right so I whipped up two sauces. I'm happy that my group doesn't mind trying new foods when it comes to snacks for our Wednesday night study. That means that when we do make stuff we can get creative! I like it.

Gabi finished her last STAR test yesterday. She said it was boring and easy. Then on our way home she says "I forgot to do #4" Of course I freaked out because I thought she didn't do a whole section of questions. She said that wasn't the case. Then I thought about the fact that she could have forgotten to fill that one in and then accidently filled it in with the next questions answer and so on. She assured me that didn't happen. I hope not!

I'm glad that mark posted that thing about protien intake yesterday. It's been a while since I read Primal Blueprint. Maybe I need to revisit it soon. I read over the post and realized that maybe I'm taking in more than what I need. So, time to tweak? I think so. I think I'll start today with that. I think I'll try to add some more veggies in there too.

Yesterday Wed Apr 25
    Meal 1: Cod and zucchini cooked in duck fat
    Meal 2: Leftover Scallop Piccata with mushrooms
    Meal 3: Dried Apple Cinnamon chips (I think I might try to make these at home, YUM!), a few plantain chips while making the meal for last night. 2 each 2 oz cuban burgers. Plenty of pineapple slices, strawberries, and carrots (I think Roxy had more carrots than I did). Some of the raw organic honey mustard sauce
    Drinks: Water and unsweet tea.

lol well can you link some vids here? I'd love to see them!

I read the article... to me it was a little underwhelming because the answer seemed too grey. Not that I expected a definitive answer per say but moreso that that would be a question not addressed at all. I know he tried to set disclaimer that that's what he does and doesn't necessarily work for everyone else but I could see a lot of people swaying to just try to do what mark does. Be careful with your protein. Listen to your body- if you're eating a certain amount of protein now that's probably how much your body needs to sustain you.

I think I've been eating too much though. I think I need to add more veggies back into my diet. Skimming off a little here and there isn't going to harm me too much.

I'll have to try to link the video from home.

Page 70 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast