Page 7 of 97 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 7

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Has your day gotten any better? Shitty about the bike tires (but you knew that already). Hope you're doin well hun dont let one shitty day pull you down!Lots of love and I'm prayin things turn around for you!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Ecks, thank you! It was much better today. Right now, with the work stress, I'm just going to have to take it one day at a time and do the thing I have advised others to do. Speak up for myself.

So, yesterday was just a bad day, up until dinner time. The bike wheels, my crappy day at work and cracking under stress, and then just being an all around bum until someone decided to join me and the kid for dinner last night. Honestly, I love love love my kid, but it's nice to have an adult to listen to my gripes and empathize. I could have gotten the same thing in my Single Mom's group that meets on Wed nights, but it was nice for him to come over and ask me what happened. Thankfully Gabi wasn't too harsh (she's like my little guard dog sometimes). It was just nice to have him over really. Oh, I forgot to mention the wheel thieves took our lights! Not that I can night ride anytime soon because I have no wheels, but come on, seriously with that?

Today was so much better than yesterday. Work was better, even though I was still a little on edge. I don't know, I still feel like I'm living in this surreal moment. We'll see what happens tomorrow. It was just much better today. Afterwards, I went to the Hope Fest Banquet where Anita Renfroe was our guest speaker. Oh, I almost peed my pants from laughing so hard! She's so funny and just blunt. I loved every minute of it.

Yesterday:
    IF'd till lunch
    L: Leftover bbq pork shoulder roast, sausage, almonds (with a tad bit of almond oil, sea salt, and herbs de provence), 1/2 cup of walnuts
    S: Two of mom's chocolates (phew, I think I remember why I don't eat caramel often, it's too sweet!)
    D: Lemony Scallop Piccata (same as the chicken one, just cooked with scallops) 1 cup green beans, Mixed salad with homemade dressing (supposedly someone outside my family thinks it's pretty awesome stuff)

Drinks: Water, mostly. Two shots of Amaretto and two glasses of wine. Yes, I know I screwed up with that, but I really just wanted a little something to drink last night.

Today:
    B: I think about 4 pcs bacon, 1/2 cup brisket
    S: Cup mixed berries with 1/2 cup walnuts
    L: Salad greens with chicken grape walnut salad and some other salad with artichokes.
    S: Leftover Pamela's Gluten Free (soy free too!) pancake
    D: Salad with 1 tbsp (roughly) ranch dressing (at least that's what it looked like, still a bad choice), some sort of green bean dish that was really good and loaded with veggies, I think broiled chicken (that was pretty good too)
    S: 3 tbsps home mixed chocolate almond butter (I took the regular stuff and mixed in some Natural Grocers chocolate powder and some Agave Nectar)

Drinks: Mostly water, but about 12 oz iced tea, unsweetened

Well, this day is way past due to be over. Tomorrow night, sleepover for the kid. G'night everyone, have a blessed and hopefully peaceful evening.
    The past
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Today was, again, better. I did just barely get up on time, but once I got up, I was up! Work wasn't as stressful. Thank goodness!

B: 3 slices bacon, 1/2 cup brisket
    S: 1 oz Macadamia Nuts, 1/2 cup blueberries
    L: Big ass salad, 1 hard boiled egg, mix of smoked turkey and chicken. Olive Oil/Balsamic Vinegar, and some Greek dressing
    S: Well, it was more like a slip of fondunt cake topping, like it was a small amount. Serving size of Boulder Gluten Free Spinach and Artichoke chips. 1 1/2 serving Chocolate XOXOX 77% Dark Chocolate. 2 tbsp chocolate almond butter. 10 almond crackers

Drinks: Water

I only did one 10 Min Trainer, which was abs. We also walked the mall a few times this evening instead of doing our regular walk around the apt complex.

Gabi's having a sleepover tonight, so we're just chilling for the evening. Watching Robots and whatever else is going on.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

I'm glad to hear that you've been doing better! now we just need to work on your melatonin production so that you can get a sounder sleep!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Well, it's really more of an issue of not staying up to chat with someone! I was doing fine until that....

I'm up early on a Saturday, but I think I might go back to sleep for a bit. This morning I almost jumped out of my skin when I saw the scale since it read 149.8. I thought, no, I'm seeing things. So, I tried again. Yeap, I was! Only off by one pound though, which is still awesome for me to see Now, normally when I get to this point, I sabotage my efforts. Not today. I will not let this happen today. Have a hike planned for this afternoon no matter what may happen today. I'm making dinner before we all go out to the movies (grass fed 85/15% beef cheesy burgers, salad and some other veggie). I will not ruin my own efforts!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I finally found a flouride free toothpaste that actually cleans my teeth they way I like it! Jeeze, only took me like 3 times to get that right. Jason's Powersmile. Good stuff, my teeth feel so much better. No SLS either. Oh, flouride free toothpaste, where have you been all my life?! I wish I would have known about this stuff much earlier on when I first got diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Complete and total cut back in soar throats. This makes me very happy

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    thanks for the reminder Alessandra that I need to find some flouride free toothpaste!! A baking soda past works too, but after awhile that gets a little abrasive on the gums!! I'm adding that to my grocery list!! I imagine HEB will probably have some on their healthy aisle.

have a great weekend!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

I hope to. Sort of got some plans half way squashed today, like ending up hiking by myself. However, that's not going to stop me from going to the drive in, even if the other half of our group isn't coming along. Gabi and I will have fun watching Wrath of The Titans. I wouldn't normally let her see this, but I already told her we were going with two other people. Kind of hard to back down at this point. I could, but I feel like I'd be backing down off of my word to go to the drive in.

Woo for not sabotaging yourself! I really hope I didn't sabotage myself with my maple syrup festival today... bout to go over to my own journal to post...

Page 7 of 97 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast