Page 69 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 69

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    She hasn't usually been too bad in the past about tangline herself around poles with the leash because she stays focused. Not this morning. I had tugged on her leash to get her around a pole and she walked right into it. The second time her harness/collar came forward because she went into full on stubborn mode. I know God is getting a good laugh at this. I swear this dog is me as a dog. Which is why I'm sure He's laughing at me. I love this dog, but man does she drive me nuts once she gets distracted!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

BTW, it's great to see you again!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Last night was another breakthrough at Wednesday night study. I also told Gabi last night that I would do better about helping her cook recipes and such in the evenings since she doesn't always know what she's doing. I apologized for getting short with her the other night when she needed my help. She's cool with it for now.

I made a little something new this morning. Well, it's new for me. I took the old dark chocolate/shredded coconut/coconut oil and added some cinnamon and smashed raspberries. I ate it just a few minutes ago. It's actually pretty good. Since I used 85% Lindt Dark Chocolate, I didn't need to add any sugar. This is pretty good stuff, but I think I'll try to keep it to just once in a while.

My mom turns 65 today! I can't believe it! I'm taking her out to dinner tomorrow night since she has to work tomorrow. I don't want her stressed out about being out late. I am taking her to one of the newer local Italian restaurants. Thankfully they actually have a pretty Primal/Paleo friendly menu. The fish is freaking awesome! Then on Saturday we're going to get started on her garden. Hopefully we have no more frost warnings after this week.

Wednesday April 17th
    Meal 1: Pork chop and some baby carrots
    Meal 2: Leftover DUCK! Some salad and homemade dressing
    Meal 3: The Papa Joe sans bread
    Meal 4: A few ribs at Juanitas and about 6 cuties.
    When I got home, I was hungry again so I had some liverwurst. I know why I was hungry so I decided to feed myself just a few pieces.
    Drinks: Water and tea
    Exercise: One morning walk. It was just slightly damp the rest of the day.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Mmmm... Duck! Sorry I'm so far behind. I was away from work yesterday and work is pretty much the only place where I get online to read and post.

Know what they say about dogs and their owners eh? Sounds like it rings true! So long as you're getting a good laugh that's all that matters!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

I was way to busy to post this weekend. I checked in a few times, but I really had no time to post. I should have because that might have stopped me this weekend from eating bread. HOWEVER, I'm not going to kill myself for doing this. I hardly every eat any bread, period. I took my mom out to this nice local Italian restaurant. The only sad thing is that we ended up waiting too long for our food so I ate one of the bread basket pieces with some olive oil and vinegar. The bread was made there at the restaurant and I could tell. It was the flavor that gave it away. It was good stuff. Our antipasti didn't come out before the meal did I had their awesome mahi mahi dish that's made with crushed macadamia nut and coconut milk. We did finally get the antipasti and they were kind enough to take it off of our receit. I also had some of the foccacia bread which was also one of their own recipes. Plus, I joined mom in the dessert. It was her birthday. She turned 65 on Thursday, but Friday night was the better night to go out for dinner.

We went to a friends baby shower and I had one little foot shaped cookie. Again, I don't do this very often and I most likely won't for a while.

I took Gabi to get some color (read as about 2 small sections) put in her blonde hair. It's a darker purple for now, but it'll fade just a bit into like a lavender color. It looks good on her!

I also helped mom get some of her garden going. I build a few boxes for some raised bed gardening to make it easier on her. I also got to play barefoot in the pea gravel and dirt while filling up one of the boxes I love doing that stuff! Too bad I spilled some of the dirt into my shoes! I got in some good old fashioned heavy lifting this past weekend. Two guys offered to help me at Home Depot yesterday, but I told them I was okay on my own. I wanted to get the lifting done and not be robbed of a good workout. I just felt bad for telling them no because I know that they were only trying to help. The one guy said "I can tell that you can handle it, but maybe you could use some help anyway?"

BTW, my mom cooked up some AWESOME pork butt yesterday for dinner. She let me out of doing the dishes last night because we helped with the garden. Sweet, cause I was tired by the time we left her place last night, but I still had to take Roxy out for a walk because she'd been home all day without us to play with her. She got to make a new person friend yesterday while we were out walking on Old Soncy Trail. That got her all sorts of happy last night.

Damn you've been a busy woman! I wouldn't worry about the bread and cookie... These were both for special events and not a habit- and it's not like you purchased a loaf or grabbed a box of cookies for home. These were one offs! Besides- I'm sure you and your hot self burned the cookie and bread doing all of that heavy lifting at home depot .
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Thank you!

Gabi did try to make me feel guilty about the cookie and the breads because it's MY diet...... Then she asked me if I knew what diet meant. Before I could even say yes, she answered for me. Like I haven't already told her this before..... I still love the kid. She's cooking up burgers tonight. I'm thinking I might like to try one of those burger recipes from the links that mark posted this past Sunday. I LOVE plaintains!

You guys doing the burger patties yourselves? I found that the boxed ones at the grocery stores are always laced with breadcrumbs and or soy protein.

Tell Gabi it's not a diet it's a lifestyle- and in order to remain sustainable a lifestyle needs to have the occasional pleasures...

Maybe don't use pleasures... it sounds dirty now that I read it

She'll figure it out on her own and then throw it in my face later. I'm cool with it because I will laugh. Maybe not out loud, but I will laugh.

We buy the meat and then make the patties ourselves. There's one thing I won't let her do and that's get the packaged patties. she knows how to roll with some homemade burgers

BTW, the cuban burgers on the link are YUM!

Oh damn! That looks damn good! and looks like the girl that put it together looks like she's lost a ton of weight! Definitely easy on the eyes

Page 69 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast