Page 67 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 67

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Apparently confessing my love has scared you away lol

In all seriousness we seem to have lost you... come back!
    OH NO! There's no way you could scare me off I thought about you this past weekend on Resurrection Sunday. This also came along with wondering why my sweet tooth got out of control on the same day. Yikes! On a positive note, I can no longer eat Cheesecake Factory cheesecake as having made so many of my own over the past year has left me with only wanting them a certain way. That might seem like not so great news because I might be more inclined to make more, but that's not the case. I'm lazy with that stuff. I won't make one unless I have good reason to.

I didn't post over the weekend because we were busy enjoying the weekend. Love you too!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Mmm... Cheesecake... I don't usually have any- it's never something I crave. But I always recall lovin it when I'm eating it. I bet you make some amazing cheese cake!

Glad you took some time for yourself this weekend. It was a good weekend for prayer and renewal

Also glad to see that you're back! I was definitely thinking about you as well
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Ecks, seriously, if I could hug you, I would

I think after my "experitmental" time after Whole 30, I've realized that I just need to get rid of certain foods all together. My belly has been letting me know that I need to just keep away from these foods. Most importantly is sugary stuff. And possibly nuts and dairy. I think I can handle those once in a while, but I need to not eat them on a daily basis like I used to.

I found this energy type bar that uses whole food ingrediants, but I think I'm just going to steer clear of those too.

The last thing I need to work on is portion size. I'm about 100% sure that I'm over estimating what I should actually be eating. So I'm going to start scaling back on my serving sizes at each meal. I'll begin all of these changes on Saturday because we are having a pot luck lunch at work tomorrow for a few of our guys who are leaving.

Wednesday March 4th
    Meal 1: 2 chicken sausages and 1 small avocado
    Meal 2: Leftover sirloin steak that I had cooked in butter using some crushed raspberries and strawberries. I squeezed out some lemon juice and tossed some coconut aminos over it as well. Leftover sauteed mushrooms and carrots.
    Snack: 1 bar, another sausage, and some pistachios
    Meal 3: 2 ribs cooked by one of our Wednesday night group people, some carrots and hummus, chunks of pineapple, sliced strawberry. 3 tortilla chips.
    Drinks: Water and unsweet tea
    No exercise. I just didn't have time for it at all yesterday. Too much stuff going on in the morning and I took a small nap after work because I was worn out from work.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Sounds like you're in control of everything and know what you need to get what you want! I'm proud of you for getting a handle on what you think works best for you.

And I'm always open for a hug!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Sweet!

Today & the last quarter of yesterday have been non paleo, but not to the extreme. Our family has had a tradition since we were kids that we go get ice cream (or fro yo) after conerts and recitals. Gabi had a solo at her choir concert last night. I let her decide where we went and we got ice cream I rarely have that anymore. We had a luncheon for one of my coworkers who was retiring. I knew I was going to make some non primal choices. I paid my mom to make some of her awesome chocolates which I brought in for the morning. So, I'm not going to sweat this day. I also think I don't need to eat for the rest of the day, lol. Those ribs that one of the guys cooked were freaking awesome.

Tomorrow starts me getting rid of stuff and turning it away except for special occasions.

I'd say it would be unpaleo to not have a day to just relax and enjoy whatever. It's a lifestyle choice and kickin back to enjoy some icecream is perfectly fine You're perfect in recognizing the treat though and moving on.

Man, I completely forgot to post this past weekend and I almost missed my post for yesterday. I will say that I had the best ribs EVER on Friday at the pot luck. This past weekend was a huge break through for me. While it was only a small step, it was a major one in the right direction and I'm very happy about it. I can only hope that this continues to grow for me because it's what I want.

Monday was a busy day at work and at home. My coworker moved to his new position so I have a temp coworker until they hire someone permanent. I kind of hope my temp stays here, but I know that won't happen. I walked Roxy in the morning and the evening, along with two walks at work. Today hasn't shaped up so well because I overslept and the temp has dropped quite a bit since I left my apt this morning. I'm actually wearing shorts at work because it was so nice outside this morning!

I made a new chocolate snack for myself that I'm sure we've all used before in the past. I combined shredded coconut with 99% Dark Chocolate and melted coconut oil. I had about two servings of it yesterday before Meal 3. That was along with some liverwurst and beef salami. I was kind of hungry.

Monday, April 8th
    Meal 1: Pan fried Halibut with mushrooms and 3 pcs bacon
    Meal 2: Not enough steak, salad, and an avocado
    Snack that really counts as Meal 3: Liverwurst, beef salami, and the chocolate coconut snack
    Meal 3 or 4: Pan fried lamb chop (cooked in coconut oil) and steamed broccoli
    Exercise: Dog walk in the morning and evening. 2 walks around the building. Time spent at the gym doing some weight training.
    Drinks: water.

BAAAHHH!!!!!! The weather here is so darn crazy! I woke up yesterday morning and it was about 60 outside. By the time I left work the tempurature was about 30 and with that came the usual panhandle wind. Our heater went out last night as well. Gabi didn't say anything until this morning about her room being freezing cold because she couldn't get the window shut completely. Headsmack. I needed to know that last night!

We did go to the gym last night. I think I like the other location better because the free weight area is just a little bit bigger and less crowded at the time we went last night. Gabi messed around on the bike and treadmill while I did my thing. Good stuff last night since I didn't get any walks in.

It's time for Wednesday night group. I'm bringing a new person who's actually pretty new to our church. Hopefully he enjoys it, but I'm not sure he will. The guy seems a little gung ho about meeting people. Now that in and of itself doesn't usually warrant concern, but I think he might be recently divorced. This could mean that he's looking to hook up. The sad thing for me is that we usually know who's out for that because they don't stay with our group for long. Sometimes it bums me out because I feel like they miss out in the long run. Then I remember that smalll group isn't for everyone. At least they tried right?

Tuesday April 9
    Meal 1: Didn't eat meal one. I was still tasting my last meal from the night before.
    Small snack 2 hours before Meal 2: The coconut bar thing, about 1/2 of one.
    Meal 2: Leftover lamb chops and broccoli
    Snack in between meals because I was hungry again : Liverwurst and beef salami and some plantain chips
    Meal 3: One burger and some bacon sweet potato fries

Looks like I might have been slightly off about our new guy at group. We'll see how it goes with him. We had another good discussion last night and I'm feeling like I'm starting to understand more.

We didn't go to the gym or much of anything else, exercise wise, yesterday. I'm not too worried about it. We need the down time at home.

Wednesday April 10
    Meal 1: Sausage
    Meal 2: Leftover burger and sweet potato fries
    Meal 3: New Yorker without bread, but with mayo (probably could have skipped that part) and a side salad
    Snacks at Amy's place: Three or four Cuties and about 4 of some bacon wrapped asparagus.
    Drinks: Homemade tea blend and then some water.

Hectic and crazy day yesterday at work. Phew! Glad that's over with.

I was going to go to the gym, do some weight training, and swim yesterday because I thought Gabi was supposed to be at a different location for Civil Air Patrol last night. We got there and none of the other cadets were there. She was supposed to be at the hangar to do PT last night. She got out of it because there was no way that we would get back home and then drive out there for anything. So, I dropped her off and just did weight training. Hmmm, I forgot how much I like free weights. That's usually 1/2 to 3/4 of the training. I went to the gym that's closest to us and that one doesn't have the pool. It would have been too late for me to even get any swimming in.

I did enjoy some dark chocolate yesterday! It was delicious too . It had orange in it and I wanted to try something different from my usual mint or coconut.

Thursday April 12th
    Meal 1: Mustard Glazed Chicken
    Meal 2: Mustard glazed chicken and the last of the sweet potato fries
    Meal 3: Side salad and NC bbq pork sandwich from Jason's (minus the bread)
    Drinks: Tea and water
    Exercise: Morning dog walk, one walk around the building at work, and weight training.

Page 67 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast