Page 64 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 64

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Sabine, I passed over the Sabine river and thought about you yesterday!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Can you believe I've never been there!? And it is only a couple of hundred miles. I need to get my act together.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you had an amazing week! I can't wait to see the sun again!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Sounds like you had an amazing week! I can't wait to see the sun again!
    We had a blast! I got about 2 runs in while I was there. I made sure to get in some push ups and squats when I could do so in the mornings. I could really live there for good. Gabi's one cousin said we need to move. Patience, I say. I can't go until the time is right.

We had dinner at Mom's house last night and she did not let down! Man do I love corned beef Yesterday was my last day of debauchery when it comes to food. I think I like the Whole30 life quite a bit better. I allowed myself some chocolate, even though I probably shouldn't have. Mom made some homemade gluten-free chocolate chip cookies and I had one more of my favorite Chocolate Secret Bars. Mom hardly used any type of sweetener in the cookie dough itself and that made it even better. There wasn't a competition going on between the dough and the chips as to which could be sweeter. I like that quite a bit. Now my thing is, I may have a Chocolate Secret Bar about once every 30 days. I think it's not too much to do that once in a while. It's still not that sweet.

I had recently read an article on soy lecithin and was quite discusted by it. I'm not sure if one of you guys had the link or Mark posted it. The thing is, I was quite grossed out by the article and have decided that it's not worth it to compromise. Does that mean I won't slip up once in a while? No. I know I will once in a while. But I'm going to try my hardest to not. My mom agrees with me on this. I think she must have read the same thing.

Sunday March 17
    Meal 1: 1 mustard chicken thigh and some coconut water
    Meal 2: Jason's Deli Corned Beef with a salad that I put together from the salad bar. One Chocolate Secret Chocolate Mint Bar.
    Meal 3: Mom's corned beef and cabbage with carrots and mashed taters with goat cheese. 2 of her cookies.
    Drinks: Water and iced tea
    No workout other than 16 push ups in the morning before shower time.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandra View Post

I had recently read an article on soy lecithin and was quite discusted by it. I'm not sure if one of you guys had the link or Mark posted it. The thing is, I was quite grossed out by the article and have decided that it's not worth it to compromise. Does that mean I won't slip up once in a while? No. I know I will once in a while. But I'm going to try my hardest to not. My mom agrees with me on this. I think she must have read the same thing.
    b...but... chocolate!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Hah! After hitting send my head went to "Butt Chocolate!" ... gross

lol! It's okay. I don't mind giving up the chocolate save once a month. I need to be careful with it because it's like my gateway sugar. I've also discovered that I like dried figs. The down side is I ate too many in the last few days. So, no more keeping those in the house.

Sabine, I bought some ankle weights for my walks to the store. I'm going to have to remember to put on regular socks when I'm using them or they will chafe the crap out of my ankles.

Tuesday, March 19th
    Meal 1: Cod seasoned with Italian Sausage seasoning and cooked in clarified butter (I did that by myself!) along with some sauteed mushrooms and yellow squash.
    Meal 2: Yummy steak seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I cooked that in the butter too and used some lemon juice. Salad, homemade dressing, and 1 avocado.
    Snack: Black forest ham and a couple of figs
    Meal 3: Spiced Lamb Meatballs with a Rosemary Fig sauce (I ate some more figs while I was making this ) and some bacon sweet potatoes
    Drinks: Water
    Exercise: Don't Drop It WOW, one walk around the building at work, and one walk to the store.

Crazy crazy crazy day at work yesterday. It's not a good thing when I leave with my eye twitching. I know I have to keep pressing on and I'm thankful that I have a job right now. There's just quite a bit of stress going on around everyone.

I'm grateful for my Wednesday study group. We talked about being owned by God. Man, I'm so glad that I got to hear that message yesterday. It's just what I needed.

Wednesday March 20
    Meal 1: Chicken and bacon. I didn't have time for veggies.
    Meal 2: Leftover spiced lamb meatballs with sauce and the last of the sweet potatoes.
    Meal 3: Two burger patties and some salad from Blue Sky
    Snack at meeting: Carrots, broccoli, apple slices, celery, guacomole, and two pieces of paleo bread
    Drinks: Water and Iced Tea.
    Exercise: Don't Drop It WOW

Sometimes giving it all to god can be the hardest thing in the world. Glad your group went into discussion about it- sometimes we need that reminder that God's plan takes precedence over our own.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ecks! We got to see Francesca Battistelli and The Afters tonight! Oh yeah, a little band called Love and the Outcome played and so did Kyle Sherman. Awesome night of music. Just what I needed after my day at work. Bud, I need you to pray for me right now. I really had a tough one at work and I don't think it's going to get better right away.

Page 64 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast