Page 63 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 63

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Clarified butter is allowed on whole30 silly!

Also I'm no gal but apparently cranberry juice is supposed to help (the same way it does with urinary tract infection). I can't confirm or deny but as far as I know that's a common remedy.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Not on the autoimmune protocal That's okay though. I can wait. I'm trying to come up with more creative stuff in the meantime.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

I was reminded that just because people work at a certain place doesn't always mean that they are going to give you the right part, i.e. oil filter. The best time to learn this is not when you've already taken the old filter off Thank goodness for friends who can come pick you up and take you to the store so you can go grab the correct one.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Vitex for the cramps! I've had really hard cramps every month the last 18 months (since stopping hormonal birth control). I'm taking vitex now since 2 months and these 2 periods have been painfree! The relief!!!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Sabine! I did walk to the store yesterday. I almost didn't go because I was a bit tired. Somehow I mustered up the required energy (I think my Bob Marley station on Pandora helped) to get moving. I wanted to take a nap when I got back, but I still had to cook dinner and change the oil in my truck. I made myself get this stuff done last night because I didn't want to wait until today when we still have to pack for our trip to FL. We leave tomorrow!

Yesterday was the last day of the Whole30 for me. I can't believe I went a whole month on this! Ecks, I had a few little sausages today that weren't the regular ones that I eat. So, I broke it with that today because they were in BBQ sauce. I did measure myself and I'm not too far off from where I started, but I feel a whole lot better. I need to try to keep this up through vacation so that I have the energy that I need for visiting people that I don't know too well. I'm also looking forward to some trail hiking while we are out there.

Thursday Whole30 Day 30!
    Meal 1: Homemade sausage and one chicken thigh. I didnt' have time for veggies yesterday
    Meal 2: Leftover Thanksgiving style meatballs and broccoli
    Meal 3: Grilled Bison burgers!!!!!!!!!!! The weather was prime for grilling up some burgers so we took advantage of it. I made some more of the bacon sweet tater fries and ate the four pieces of bacon.
    Drinks: Water and some unsweetened iced tea
    Exercise: 1/2 of the steep climb and a walk to the store and back.

Hey! I'm so proud of you for making it through the whole30! Glad to hear that you're feeling better and I'm glad to see that you want to stick to it. God bless hun!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Miss you! Hope you're well!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Good job getting through the Whole30, Alessandra. That's a tough one.

I've missed you guys! Wow, what a vacation. I did more driving on this vacation than I normally do because we were split between the families in Tallahassee and Panama City. So, here are some things that I learned while on vacation:

1. Most important thing! When your daughter's aunt asks you to go to a Death By Chocolate Event, be prepared to get sick. It is not advisable to go to such things after eating no sugar for a month.

2. Gabi's family on the paternal side are some pretty awesome people.

3. Do not let Gabi be alone with any of her cousins for more than ten minutes. They will toilet paper two bathrooms in the FSU even building.

4. Rethink going to the main beach in Panama City during College Spring Break time.

5. Alligators are much cooler to see in person.

6. Pita bread is not a good idea. Greek food is, just not pita bread.

7. I love the smell of Florida! I can't believe we walked so much during our trip

8. Roxy does NOT like elevators, lol.

9. No matter which route I take around Dallas/Fort Worth, I cannot avoid bottle necking even if there is no accident.

10. Coming back here is a little depressing when you've seen so much green and water for a week.

11. Gabi and I need to work on our communication skills when it comes to canoes.

12. When I think it's not a good idea to tell Gabi that she has a spider on her back while we are in a canoe, it's not a good idea. Thankfully I didn't. She would have put both of us in the water.

13. Bring a full sized grill next time.

I think I'm going to chalk up the last week as my time to reintroduce certain foods and see what happens. I've definitely figured out which ones need to stay out of my diet. We really had a great time getting to see her family and spending time with them. I got plenty of sun light while we visited. Gabi even got a free pedicure from the minnows at Wakulla Springs!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I love the feel of (little) fish nibbling on my toes! I got my 'pedicure' at Dinosaur Valley State Park, in an awesome swimming hole.

Page 63 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast