Page 62 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 62

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The Color Run

That will explain it better than I can.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

I've opted to go ahead and start the WOW's again. Phew! I went into the archives and am just going to go down the list from the top.

I enjoyed my Sunday. It seemed like my Bible Study class and the message from our pastor went hand in hand. That doesn't always happen, but I got the point! Book club was met with good discussion over "Still Alice," a book about a woman who gets early onset Alzheimers (sp?)

Sunday Whole30 Day 26
    Meal 1: Leftover roasted chicken breast (bone in and skin on) and some butternut squash
    Meal 2: Salad from Baker's Bro's and then a leftover burger and the last of the sweet tater fries
    Meal 3: Mom's homemade turkey burgers (with carrots and onions in them) and some steamed broccoli
    Drinks: Water and unsweet tea.
    Exercise: WOW archive nubmer one, steep climb
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

I got up and did a little run yesterday morning. It's time for me to start getting ready for the Color Run! I figure I'd start out slow and just go with a mile run to begin with. Then I'll move up by about .5 miles every two weeks. I figure by the time I'm up for running 3 miles, I can mess around with my distances on each run.

Monday Whole30 Day 27
    Meal 1: Steak cooked in coconut oil, seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic. I also cooked up some mushrooms and the last of my cut up butternut squash in that same pan.
    Meal 2: Leftover ribs and some prosciutto with a salad
    Meal 3: Asian Orange Pan Seared Scallops with steamed zucchini
    Drinks: Water
    Exercsie: 1 mile morning run. 2 walks around the building. 1 walk to the store and back

TIRED when I got home yesterday. I didn't walk to the store because I knew I was worn out. I could use the excuse that I knew I was going to have to grab quite a few things, but a backpack would have sufficed. I finally learned how to do some other stuff here at work so I can start helping my coworker more.Thank goodness because that was getting old real fast.

Tuesday Whole30 Day 28 (CRAP! I can't believe I'm this far along!)
    Meal 1: Homemade sausage seasoned with Italian Sausage seasoning, a little olive oil, and some vinegar. Some strawberries and some cut up cucumbers
    Meal 2: Leftover scallops, some roast beef lunch meet from Applegate Farms, leftover zucchini, and an avocado
    Snack: 3 sausages. Man, I was HUNGRY when I got home yesterday. I still needed a nap though. I guess I didn't get enough fat with meal 2
    Meal 3: Mustard Chicken thigh and some of the skins off the other 4 with some green beans
    Drinks: Water and carton coconut milk
    Exercise: Steep climb WOW and 1 walk around the building during break.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Mmmm... I have the same issue with thighs... I always seem to go to town on the skins of the leftovers after eating... then I get sadface the next day because there's no skins on my leftovers
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Me too, lol. I do that sad face thing too. I try to talk myself out of it, but the skin is so yummy! I did save the chicken fat from last night. I used some of it to pour over the leftover chicken thighs so that they still have a little extra flavor

Ugh, not a good day at work yesterday at all. There's already enough stress with what goes on in our job, they don't need to add more. I'm really feeling the need to make a change. I've just got to wait it out for a little bit longer. So I'll be patient and wait till God gets me moving.

I'm glad we had group last night at it completely refocused me onto something more important in my life. My relationship with Christ. Now that is so much more important to me than worrying about the things that I have no control over, even the things that I do have control over. I needed that refocus and it came at just the right time.

Wow, today is my last day! I can't believe it's here already! I'm going to try my best to just stick this out until we come back from vacation though. This way I'm not all mad while I'm visiting with Gabi's family.

Wednesday Whole20 Day 29
    Meal 1: Oven baked fish seasoned with Italian Sausage seasoning and cooked with coconut oil and lemon juice. 1 sausage patty. Some of Mark's pickles from the recipe that he posted. I used regular cucs and they are still pretty crunchy. YUM!
    Meal 2: Leftover skinless chicken thighs, zucchini, an avocado, and an apple
    Snack: I know I didn't eat enough at lunch. Or maybe it's because my lunch is at 11 and I don't usually get to eat dinner until like 5 or 6. One sausage, some coconut flakes, and another pickle
    Meal 3: Thanksgiving style meatballs and steamed broccoli.
    Drinks: Water and Oolong tea
    Exercise: 1 mile run and no walks. I needed to sit when I could yesterday because I was on my feet most of the day.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    I know you're planning on sticking with it but is there anything you plan on diving into after day 30 is done? Think the thing I missed most during my whole was butter. Granted I used it once then found that I prefer duck fat and bacon fat for me cooking.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'm getting to where I really enjoy my daily walk to the store. I like having the time to think. Yesterday I planned to walk very slowly, 'cause I was feeling tuckered, but somehow it still took the same amount of time. I guess being out walking made me feel peppy enough to pick up the pace without noticing.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    I know you're planning on sticking with it but is there anything you plan on diving into after day 30 is done? Think the thing I missed most during my whole was butter. Granted I used it once then found that I prefer duck fat and bacon fat for me cooking.
    I'm thinking about clarifying some butter to see what happens. Sometime in May I'll try eggs again. When I've gone a full ninety days without.

Sabine, Wednesdays are tricky for me when it comes to walking to the store. Gabi has her youth group and I have my small group. So, I don't always have the time I needed that nap on Tuesday. I'm not even sure why I was so worn out that day I might walk today because I know I need some stuff to make dinner with. I've also got to change the oil in my truck.

Does anyone have any remedies for severe PMS cramps? My poor kid is having a really hard time with them right now. I never really had to worry about this when I was younger so I don't know what she's going through. Thus I don't know what to give her to help out.

Page 62 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast