Page 61 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 61

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I did make it to work and ended up staying late to make up some of the time. I only had to use 2 hours of vacation. That's good because Gabi and I are headed to FL in a couple of weeks! I can't wait to go see some more of the other side of her family. I'm not going with the expectation of making best friends. I'm really going so that Gabi can meet more of them and maybe learn more about herself.

Sabine, I didn't get started on the walking to the store thing yesterday because getting home from work was a bit of a task. I will go for it today. Wednesday night group is not meeting tonight so I have a little bit more time on my hands. I guess I'll take Gabi home and then walk up to the store. I'll give myself a smaller amount to start off with since it's mostly for dinner stuff.

Tuesday Whole30 Day 21
    Meal 1: Oven baked pork chop seasoned with the Italian Sausage seasoning and cooked in coconut oil. 1 sausage patty. 1/2 small spaghetti squash
    Meal 2: Some leftover beef and chicken, 1 avocado. I forgot to pack vegetables, but I was pretty full from the meat and fat
    Meal 3: 2 1/4lb lambburgers seasoned with rosemary, oregano, lemon, crushed garlic, salt and pepper; some homemade sweet potato fries (I only needed one sweet potato for this) oven baked in coconut oil, and some steamed green beans.
    Drinks: Water and coconut oil
    Exercise: Not much other than some push ups and digging snow out from around my truck then trying to get it unstuck.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Would you consider Gabi's family to be your own as well or would you categorize them as just hers?
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Well, I don't really know them all that well. I mean, some of them are on my fb page. It's just hard for me for a few reasons, mostly because her father and I were never married or in any sort of real relationship with each other.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Fair enough I guess. I really do hope that you're able to warm up to them still when you meet them. praying it all goes well!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Me too, Ecks, me too. It's not that I don't want to warm up to them. It's just that I think I'm judging myself based on what I think they will think about me. Most of the time I don't care what people think about me. This time it's different for me. Of course, vacation is also going to also depend on the looming sequestration. If I don't have a job then we don't get to go.

Wednesday Whole30 Day 22
    Meal 1: Broiled Salmon and some broc/cauli chowder
    Meal 2: Sausage patty & 2 Chicken Apple Sausages from Applegate (I found out later that those were recalled due to plastic possibly entering into the food. Eh well, life goes on), leftover sweet potato fries and steamed green beans
    Snack: Shredded coconut
    Meal 3: 3 pcs prosciutto, 2 mustard glazed chicken thights, and some steamed broccoli
    Drinks: Water and coconut milk
    Exercise: WALKED TO THE STORE!

Sabine, today I'm going to walk to the mall because I need some more lotion. It's not as far as the store, but it's a good start.

Man o man was yesterday a long and crazy day at work. There are certain jobs that I hate doing because they are time consuming and sometimes you don't know whether you are actually done with them or not. I'm so glad that we had group last night. My friend Amy hosted so all the food provided was primal. I still coudln't have some things, but I enjoyed the heck out of the stuff that I could since I was still looking for some veggies and maybe a little fruit for dinner...... Strawberries and toasted coconut are yumm....

Thursday Whole30 Day23
    Meal 1: Some of my steak, 4 pcs bacon, and no veggies. I didn't have time. I did my weigh in yesterday. No peeking!
    Meal 2: 1/2 a pork chop, the last chicken thigh from Wednesday night, and some broccoli
    Snack after walking to the mall and back: 1 sausage and some shredded coconut
    Meal 3: Thanksgiving Style meatballs using ground turkey, seasoning, shredded carrots, onion, and celery, and then some olive oil. Some dehydrated sweet potato chips, strawberries, and toasted coconut!
    Water, canned coconut milk, and some cucumber water that Amy made. Yum!
    Exercise: Walk to the mall and back.

Can I comment on how much I love your new display pic? You're one pretty gal

Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Can I comment on how much I love your new display pic? You're one pretty gal
    Thank you!

Another crazy day at work, but it was over at 15:30 yesterday. Gabi went to her friends house for a birthday party and I chilled for the night. I cooked myself up some fish with mushrooms and onions for dinner. I kind of slacked off this week when it came to exercise. I didn't want to do as much because I was still finding that I was short of breath at certain times. I'm doing better today. I even walked up to the gas station to get my rent check and then walked up to the store to grab a few items that I forgot last night. I think that was around 2 miles.

I am going to do a Color Run in June with a friend of mine. She's looking for team mates and I've been thinking about maybe running a 5k here and there just for the fun of it. What better way than to get splattered with color?! Starting this week I'll be back at the running about 3 times a week. I think that's enough for now. I don't hate to run like I used to when the Army kind of buzz killed it for me. I just want to run for the sake of running.

Gabi asked me this earlier, "Mom, when are you going to be done with Whole30? I want you to make those jalapeno bison burgers again. I think I'm going to be craving beef this week." I told her that I could still make the burgers for her. I can just split the mix with half being for her and the other half being for me.

Friday Whole30 Day 24
    Meal 1: Steak, 4 pcs bacon, and green beans
    Meal 2: YES! The store had blood oranges! I had one with this meal, along with the other half of the steak, some bone marrow, leftover turkey thanksgiving meatballs, and broccoli
    Meal 3: Cod, mushrooms, and onions cooked in coconut oil

Here's a little something useful, cooking wise, that I learned yesterday. I cut up a sweet potato into fry size pieces. Then I took a sheet of aluminum foil and placed two pieces of bacon on it and the sweet tater fries on top of them. Closed it up, but left a little vent at the top. Cook that on the grill on medium heat for about 25 minutes. I don't need to add any oil to the fries because the bacon does that for me. Yes, the bacon was pretty good too

I got in some more walking yesterday and I felt pretty good afterwards. Gabi was supposed to go on one of the walks with me, but she fell asleep. I ended up just taking Roxy on that walk.

Saturday Whole30 Day 25 (I can't believe only 5 more days! I might stick it out a little longer though)
    Meal 1: Oven baked chicken breast, bone in & skin on. Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders, and buttered up with some olive oil. I cooked some cubed butternut squash
    Meal 2: Grilled hamburgers! Seasoned with garlic, shallots, salt, pepper, some coconut aminos, and some olive oil. The sweet tater fries cooked in bacon.
    Meal 3: I made those shortcut ribs that Mark has a recipe for. I cut out the paprikas, but I should have just cooked them all day in the slow cooker. I might have gone overboard with the seasonings, but it was good. No side dishes. Then I snacked on some shredded coconut later.
    Exercise: approx 2 mile round trip to the gas station and then to the store. A smaller 1.25 mile walk to Medi Park and back with Roxy.

What's a colour run? (and yes... my canadian comes out in the spelling of colour )

Page 61 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast