Page 60 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 60

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    MMM... I made a similar hamburger helper recipe before but with carrot. I used a carrot peeler to shread the entire carrot into wide "noodles" and boiled them thoroughly until they were soft. I'll have to try your method of using sweet potato though
    I have one of those types of peelers I use it to shred my carrots up for fermented carrots.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Mylanta this is not a good day at work. I get growing pains and such, but this is just a pain in my arse!

The only good thing is that in about 3 1/2 hours, I'll be on my own for the weekend. Gabi has a weekend church retreat that she's super excited about. I get to chill out with the dog for most of the weekend. Tonight I think I might catch some live music and dance. No alcohol involved

Thursday Whole30 Day 16
    Meal 1: Chicken breast, bone in and skin on, seasoned with Italian Sausage seasoning and some lemon juice, cooked in bacon grease. Sauteed mushrooms and leeks cooked in coconut oil
    Meal 2: Leftover of the hamburger helper stuff and one avocado
    Snack: Coconut flakes
    Meal 3: Baked Pork chop seasoned with garlic, salt, and pepper cooked in coconut oil. Roasted Asparagus cooked with some olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and a squeeze of lemon juice
    Drinks: Water, Canned Coconut Milk, and Tazo Vanilla Rooibos Tea.
    No exercise because I just wanted sleep yesterday morning and I wasn't able to get my work walks in.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

I take back the wanting to go out tonight. I'm worn out from work.

The guys at my area of work like to bring in doughnuts about 2-3 times a week. I pretty much don't ever partake in them because I just know how bad they are. Today was a small victory for me against the doughnuts. Finally the smell of them is making me sick again! SCORE! I used to always be like this as a kid and I'm so glad that it's back. Now if I could just get chocolate to do the same thing. Maybe just the smell of brownies would be okay.

I'm also a little over halfway through the first 30 days! I've got vacation coming up next month. We are traveling to FL to go see Gabi's paternal grandparents and finally meet some of her other family. I know I can stay strong with most of my food decisions while out there, but there may be a time or two that I might have to "test" a few items. I say test because I don't plan on eating the things that give me problems all the time. I feel it's just better to stay away.

What a nice relaxing evening I had yesterday. I didn't really feel like doing much once I got home from dropping Gabi off at her weekend retreat. I still did though. I cooked up some little neck clams and mussells for Meal 3! I'm not used to not using butter when I do this, but I made it work anyway. Sometimes it's just nice to sit down to this meal and not share it with a teen who doesn't care much for it. Some sauteed mushrooms and leeks added to the dish. I caught up on some Doctor Who and some stuff on NBC since I don't watch that much TV.

Friday Whole30 Day 17
    Meal 1: Chicken and leftover fish with sauteed carrots and 1/2 of a small spaghetti squash
    Meal 2: The last of the cooked up bison helper and pork chop, some mixed melon pieces, and an avocado
    Meal 3: Little neck clams and mussels with sauteed mushrooms and leeks cooked in coconut oil
    Drinks: Water
    Exercise: Same as Monday's workout and 1 walk around the building at work

Ahhh yesterday. What can I say about you other than it was nice to enjoy some time to myself I got the cleaning done and still had time to walk up to Natural Grocers. Sabine, your idea might not be a bad one for me to try out soon. Natural Grocers is about .75 miles up the road from my house.

I got to catch some live music last night. I was reminded of why I don't go by the front of the stage unless I'm with a group of people. I'm pretty glad I was sober or I might have been a little nasty with some impolite concert goers. I did enjoy some awesome music from the Randy Rogers Band.

I've only got one concern about Whole 30 and communion. I took it this morning because I didn't have a spiritual reason leading me not to. The little pieces that they serve are just that, little. They serve grape juice at my church. I had thought about not taking it because I'm on Whole 30, but I can't, in my mind, do that. My old church used to serve wafers that were gluten-free to a few women who had Celiac's. However, they were a much smaller church and they used communion rails to serve communion. It made it easier to know when to serve those wafers. I haven't really felt any problems today since taking it.

Saturday Whole 30 Day 18
    Meal 1: Steak, bacon, and sweet potato cubes (I cooked those under the bacon and they tasted great!)
    Meal 2: Homemade sausage patties and salad
    Snack: Shredded coconut
    Meal 3: Baked Greek Chicken, lemon, quartered red onion, and the last of the sweet potato cubes.
    Exercise: Monday's workout 3 sets and 1.5 mile roundtrip walk to the store
    Drinks: water
    Last edited by Alessandra; 02-25-2013 at 07:55 AM. Reason: I realized I forgot some shredded coconut in there.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Snow day! My work place only gives us the option to take the day off if we want and I wanted to stay home where it's safer than trying to drive in this weather. We're getting hit up by a small blizzard here. When Roxy pretty much runs up the stairs without me having to tell her, it's not a good idea to drive to work. I do plan on going out there in a while to try to clean off my steps. Maybe see if I can walk around in the deep snow and exercise my legs a bit. I've got the cold weather gear to pull it off.

I made a choice to not buy more bacon for this week when I did some grocery shopping yesterday. I'm going to let it run out and then not buy any for a week.

I make my own body scrubs from time to time using what I have in my kitchen. This time I thought I would try out some coconut oil with sugar (that's Gabi's sugar that she uses for tea). My skin gets super dry here during the winter time, even on a day like today when it's snowing outside. It's working pretty good so far. I ended up buying a jar of the cheaper oil so that I don't waste my cooking stuff.

Sunday Whole30 Day 19
    Meal 1: Homemade sausage patties, 3 pcs bacon, and some brocco/cauli chowder
    Meal 2: Naked bacon burger and some salad (I had to pick it apart because I didn't realize that they would put tortilla strips and cheese on it )
    Snack: Olives and shredded coconut because I didn't eat enough at lunch
    Meal 3: Beef tri tips, carrots, salad, sauteed onions, and sweet tater fries at Mom's house
    Drinks: Water
    Exercise: Sunday is rest day!

Oooooooohhhhh, I skipped a meal yesterday. It was getting late, I wasn't hungry at dinner time, and I didn't feel like cooking. I figured that since I didn't do a whole lot yesterday I wouldn't really miss that last meal. I'm sure I shouldn't have done that, but I don't like eating when I'm not actually hungry.

I did build a pretty cool snowman with Gabi yesterday! We both got a decent mini workout rolling around the bottom and middle section of our pilot snowman. I'll post a picture later when my computer wants to cooperate. We get to go in a few hours later because of the road conditions.

Monday Whole30 Day 20!
    Meal 1: Cod fillet seasoned with Savory Seasoning blend and cooked in coconut oil. Some lemon juice splashed on top. Sauteed up some carrots, mushrooms, yellow squash, and some onions in coconut oil.
    Meal 2: Cooked up some beef stew meat in some bacon fat. Seasoned that with some salt, pepper, and garlic. Splashed some lime juice on there and then at the end splashed some coconut aminos on it. Crap, I forgot what vegetable I cooked up. I know I cooked up something though.
    Snack: Cupful of shredded coconut flakes
    Drinks: Water and coconut milk
    Exercise: Playing in the snow and building a snowman!

ecks is offline Senior Member
    I'm curious to see what a texan snowday would look like. Around here it's not a snow day unless your car physically can not leave the driveway... and it has to be a universal can't get out day. If it's just you you best be grabbing your shovel and digging your way out

Skipping a meal when you're not hungry is the right thing to do. Simple as it is if your body isn't asking for nourishment you shouldn't feed it. You made the right choice!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

I wouldn't have been able to get my truck out yesterday. It wasn't the typical light to moderate snow that we normally get. I'm also at the top of Texas in the plains area. We had somewhere between 17-19" snowfall with drifts getting up to about 5'. My poor neighbors downstairs can't get out of their front door! TXDOT stopped trying to salt and plow the roads yesterday because of the blizzard. It took me about 30 mins to get my truck out of the parking lot this morning. It's almost never this bad when we get snow. Usually we get less than a foot.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh wow! Fair enough then Makes for a fun day though! (I always go out driving on snow days... shovel in back seat and all!)
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Page 60 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast