Page 6 of 96 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 6

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh, I think this might be one of the few times I have ever said this, but today was a Monday. I was all like, WOO HOO! You're going down, hard day at work. I've got this. Not so much. I couldn't manage to get ahead today, but here's a good laugh. Why is it when you need the cleaning lady not to empty the trash can by your station, she does? So, 3 dumpsters later, I finally found what I was looking for. Yes, I wore gloves. All that for one little thing. The funny part, to me, wasn't so much that the Amarillo wind was blowing as hard as ever, it was the focus on which bag would actually hold what the heck I was looking for. It's amazing how quick you recognize what trash comes from where when you don't want to have to go through every single last bag!

Today was also my donate blood day. I only donated like twice last year. Usually, I'm there every 8 weeks. I just kept forgetting to go, even though the blood bank is right around the corner from us. I was worried my iron wouldn't be high enough because I forgot to take an iron pill this morning. Hey, I did fine this time! I did chow on some carbs after donating, but not too overkill. Overkill happened when I got home and decided to taste test mom's chocolate caramel's with bacon. Oh yeah, I tried Mark's almond cracker recipe. You really don't need dip to enjoy them. I think I've had like 10. They're soooooooooooo good.

While I did workout this morning, I chilled this evening. Hey, I donated blood, I can take the break It's only for one night anyway.

B: 2 slices bacon About 1/3 cup cooked spinach, with 1/4 cup each red and green bell pepper slices, 1/3 cup chopped shitake mushrooms, 1/4 cup green onions sauteed in bacon grease, with a dash of sea salt and some goat's milk cheese.
    S: Cup mix of strawberries and raspberries, 1.5 oz macadamia nuts
    L: Leftover cup of mom's gluten-free pasta mix and one leftover lamb burger
    S: One snack size of Chex Mix and 1/2 can of Sprite. One of mom's chocolate caramel bacon things
    D: Not sure how much I ate, but beef german style sausage and yellow squash
    S: I think it's about 10 of Mark's Almond crackers

Workout this morning: 10 Minute Trainer Cardio and Abs
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

While watching TV tonight with my kid, which we haven't done alot of lately, I paid more attention to something that in the past wouldn't have given my mind cause to stop. Medicine commercials! Jeeze, they're everywhere. In my head, I wanted to throw something at my TV to make it stop, but then I remembered my remote control was in my hand and just changed the channel.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Up from my "first sleep", which I don't normally do. Had to open up my window to cool the room off cause the rest of the house is already cool. Man, shouldn't have turned on that mini heater tonight. Plus, up with a bit of a soar throat. Making some turmeric tea to help out with it. That stuff works just about every time I drink it.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Just read your whole journal and looked at all your great pictures. What fun! Gabi sounds delightful (love that picture where she's just about to eat you) and wow, how far do you have to drive to hike in those beautiful places? Now, I could hike there. Reminds me of parts of New Mexico.

Have a lovely evening, new friend. Hi to Gabi! I bet she's as proud of you as you are of her.

Thanks! She might be proud, but she's still not happy with me about going PB.

Oh mylanta, I was a bad person tonight and I am paying for it right now. I'm on a freaking sugar high, which was much worse about 10 minutes ago, but I'm still slightly buzzed. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow morning and the stomach ache. Epic fail!

My day started off pretty good. Got up and did my 10 minute Trainer Total and Lower Body. Work was, well it was. I almost forgot that my Tues night small group needed each one of us to bring a snack. So, I was good with just watermelon, but the imp convinced my to buy yogurt covered pretzels (where my sugar high came from). Oh sugar, why do you even exist? Is it to torment me. It started off with a simple craving for some 85% dark chocolate. I could have stopped at World Market on my way to church, but no. No because I took too long getting washed, so I was almost late tonight! AAACK! Oh crap, the buzz is coming back. Focus, I can focus while I'm typing. I hope. Anyway, I did enjoy some kicking cheddar jalapeno sausage and smoked pork shoulder tonight!

When I got home, I decided to grab the hula hoops, Gabi, and the nerf football. Yes, I figured I could burn off some of this energy. You know you have too much when you change the radio stations in your truck every freaking 10 seconds, even thought there's a really awesome song playing! Make it stop!

B: 2 slices bacon
    S: 1 cup mix strawberries & blueberries, 1 oz Macadamia nuts
    L: leftover beef sausage from last night, about 1 cup yellow squash, 1 cup leftover steamed broccoli, and some butter and salt
    S: Mom's chocolate, AGAIN! I'm actually holding the chocolate caramels hostage from someone right. He was informed if he didn't come over soon to get them, at the rate I'm going with one a day, they'll be gone by Friday. I don't want money either.
    D: Not sure how much I had of each, but smoked Jalapeno Cheddar Sausage, smoked Pork Shoulder Roast, probably about 2 cups of scooped watermelon. Then, then the sweet tooth kicked in. If I would have bought the chocolate, this might not have happened. I want to say I ate like 20 of them, or close to it. Peanut Butter flavor, Strawberry, and regular. I can't do this again, I know I'm going to be sick. I was like, "Oh, I'll just have a few. I can cheat. NOT! Not when I get ridiculously hyper! Bad Alessandra! No more.

I hope this doesn't happen again, but I plan on using this as a reminder as to why sugar and myself are not friends with each other. Sugar, you are the devil! Stay away from me!

Okay, the set of beach pictures are from Virginia Beach, where I grew up. We fly out there, no driving. It takes too long for me. I'm not a drive all day and night kind of person. I will hurt someone on the road if I don't get sleep. It's not safe for anyone involved.

The pictures that have the ants and the one beetle, that place is Wildcat Bluff. It's around 2 or 3 miles from my house. The ones that look like a canyon are from Palo Duro Canyon State Park. That's about a thirty minute drive to get to, then about another 10 to get to the good hiking spots because you drive down into the canyon. It's incredibly beautiful, especially during spring when it's not so hot outside.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Can't let sugar win! It's pure delicious evil. And by evil I really mean ok in moderation. Just gotta learn control! You'll do better tomorrow hun- the more you think about it the more you let it control you.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

I try not to worry about sugar too much. Okay, coming down off the high. Good thing too, cause it's my bedtime. So, normally I can keep it in check by not having any in the house. The imp, it's her fault I did this! No wait, it's mine. I could have said no and not bought that stuff. The watermelon would have been just fine.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    I love how ADD you are in your sugar high posts.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Yep, sugar does that to me. It's bad, real bad. The only thing worse is going downstairs to head to work and being told by your 12 year old that your bicycle tires were missing. Someone stole them in the middle of the night Of course, I couldn't call the cops this morning because I would have been late for work. Ugh, my workday wasn't any better. I think, right now, being at the ocean front for a week to about about a month straight would sooth my soul. I can usually handle the stress at work, but I cracked a little bit today. The only upside is, maybe it was a good thing. Who knows, I'm still on edge right now.

Page 6 of 96 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast