Page 59 of 97 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 59

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I would be so happy If I could get the period induced asthma to go away I didn't start having this problem until about 2 years ago.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Ecks, why are some items in green and some in black?
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Everything is allowed. Items in green just hold more favor.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Ahh, this must not be the list for the autoimmune stuff. Honestly, I'm doing ok without certain things. It's teaching me to be more creative with what I have and to remember to do with what I have. I'm certain Paul spoke of this in Phillipians right before the famous verse So, I try to use him as an example when I need to remember that.

I didn't sleep very well last night and I so badly wanted to sleep in. Then the rooster on my alarm wouldn't turn off! I chose not to take any thyroid medication this morning because it seemed like my pulse was still up a bit. I did split my stuff in half last night while Gabi and I were watching an episode of Doctor Who (my secret, but now not so secret, favorite TV show).

Monday Whole30 Day 13
    Meal 1: Salmoned cooked in bacon grease, 3 pcs bacon, 1/2 acorn squash with some melted coconut oil, shredded coconut, and some cinnamon. Some canned coconut milk
    Meal 2: Last of the pork chop, salad, and 1 avocado
    Meal 3: Lambburgers (used some ground up oregano and rosemary, some fresh squeezed lemon juice, a little olive oil, and some salt and pepper to season), Gabi made some salad, and steamed green beans.
    Drinks: Water and coconut milk all throughout the day
    Exercise: 3 sets of river rock pushing with grok crawl for 50ft, jump rope 30-35 times, one armed river rock throw with lunges, and hula hoop about 100 rounds (200 on the last one). 1 morning walk, but no afternoon building walk because I was feeling a bit off after donating blood.
    Last edited by Alessandra; 02-21-2013 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Got Meal 1 wrong.

Whew! I'm feelin much better today. I only woke up once last night and that was about 30 mins before I needed to be up. Gabi and I enjoyed some fajitas until she accidently spilled some of her iced tea on her food. That was okay by me. I finished it off and didn't feel guilty! No worries, I did clean up the spill from her plate before finishing the last little bit of dinner.

I am still having a problem with the heart rate, but it's not nearly as bad as it was on Tuesday or yesterday. So I chose to to go ahead and take my thyroid stuff this morning.

WOO WOO! I'm half way through the initial 30 days. I might go for 45 to see what else happens.

Tuesday Whole30 Day 14
    Meal 1: Chicken cooked in bacon grease and seasoned with Italian Sausage seasoning, salad with homemade dressing, and some canned coconut milk
    Meal 2: More of the chicken from the morning, some more salad, an avocado, and some mixed berries.
    Meal 3: Beef fajitas seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders, ground cumin, and lime juice and cooked in bacon grease. Sauteed up some white onions and peeled yellow squash in coconut oil.
    Exercise: 6X50m sprints. I couldn't really do more because my left quad was hurting a little bit. I stretched after each sprint, but that still didn't help. 1 walk around the building at work.
    Drinks: Water and canned coconut milk.

There's an awesome reintroduction section in the book. May be worth it to go through when you are done and follow that program for a bit. It'll give you more insite as to what your body likes/doesnt
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'm impressed with how well you are doing on your Whole 30, Alessandra! Good job keeping your eyes closed during the weigh-in. That accidental sighting doesn't count one bit- wipe it from your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    There's an awesome reintroduction section in the book. May be worth it to go through when you are
    done and follow that program for a bit. It'll give you more insite as to what your body likes/doesnt
    I did catch that part of the book. I'm still playing with idea of waiting on that one. I've got the shopping list and crossed off what I need to stay away from.

Sabine, Thank you!

I made a fun little hamburger helper style recipe last night for my dinner. I was just a tad bit tired when I got home yesterday, but because it's getting close to that time of the month. I woke up to about an inch of snow on the ground this morning with some lovely fog. It's mornings like this that make me feel like I'm back in Virginia Beach!

Wednesday Whole30 Day 15
    Meal 1: 2 homemade sausage patties, 3 pcs bacon, the last of the salad with some dressing, and some coconut milk
    Meal 2: Leftover fajita meat, 1 sausage patty, the last of the sauteed veggies from the fajitas, and the other half of the acorn squash.
    Meal 3: Bison helper! Made with (unfortunately) slightly burned sweet potato bits, chopped yellow onion, apple pieces, and bison. Seasoned with cinnamon, nutmeg, garlic powder, and salt. Cooked with coconut oil.
    Exercise: Same as Monday's workout and 1 walk around the building. The second half of the day was a bit nasty weather wise.
    Drinks: Homemade tea blend, water, and canned coconut milk.
    Last edited by Alessandra; 02-21-2013 at 09:28 AM. Reason: That poor acorn squash is going to think that I don't like it!

MMM... I made a similar hamburger helper recipe before but with carrot. I used a carrot peeler to shread the entire carrot into wide "noodles" and boiled them thoroughly until they were soft. I'll have to try your method of using sweet potato though

Page 59 of 97 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast