Page 58 of 97 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 58

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hahaha! The idea of packing the snow down just sounds funny to me. Around here we have plows to move it to the side of the road instead of packing it down. They simultaneously spread salt on the road to help keep the ice from turning to sheets.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    I think he was just driving over to an apartment to fix something and took the shortcut through the grass. We do have snow plows here because it snows more than once every few years.

Oh snap! I did good with the food stuff last night. Gabi managed to convince me to buy some Valentine's Day cupcakes for the people that would eat them. Let me just say that I hate Valentines Day. I do not hate the saint himself. I just hate the over doneness of this day. Those were her idea. She took the rest to school to give to her friends. HOWEVER, the Thanksgiving Style Meatballs with homemade cranberry sauce came out rather nicely. I did use 100% apple juice (which Whole30 is okay with) in the sauce to kind of tone down the tartness. I also used some hand squeezed orange juice, along with some ground cinnamon and fresh ground cloves.

ECKS! I weighed in today. The chick doing the weigh ins was cool about it. Except when I thought I was done, I opened my eyes. Then she told me to stand still, so I closed them again. I wish I hadn't seen that stupid number! I couldn't find my eye cover this morning.... Oh well. I know I'm doing better because my jeans are fitting a little looser I'm also feeling more "normal" than what I have been.

Wednesday Whole30 day 8
    Meal 1: Tilapia! I let it sit with some seasonings before cooking and then when it was just about done cooking, I squeezed some lemon juice on in. 2 fillets. Good first meal! I had some steamed zucchini and some canned coconut milk
    Meal 2: Leftover pork chop (this was cooked second the night before so I didn't let this one get dry), the second half of the steamed zucchini, and leftover sweet taters. Mixed berries. Avocado
    Snack because maybe I didn't get enough fat during Meal 2? Or maybe it's because my meals are right at 6 hours apart: 2 Apple Chicken Sausages
    Meal 3: Probably about 8 of the Thanksgiving meatballs, my homemade cranberry sauce, some raw veggies, and a cup of my home blend tea
    Drinks: Water, canned coconut milk, and the home blend tea
    Exercise: The same workout as Monday and 2 walks around the building at work.

Ecks, Tilapia for Meal 1 is a great idea
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Not a fan of Valentine's Day. I haven't been in a long time. This isn't because I don't have someone who loves me. I have plenty of people who love me and I know who those people are. I love them just as much. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Poor Gabi ended up doing something to her leg while she was running last night. The kids have a PT test like once a month for Civil Air Patrol and last night was the night for them to take it. She didn't finish hers, but I'm very thankful that she had people there who understood and made her chill for the rest of the night.

If you are not a regular sprinter, is it typical for the tops of your quads to feel a little sore the next day? I actually didn't have this issue until yesterday after I did some sprints. I warm up and cool down for each session. Any ideas?

Thursday Whole30 Day 9
    Meal 1: STEAK! Yes, I do quite enjoy eating that the first thing in the morning. Some leftover chopped veggies from Wednesday night and canned coconut milk.
    Meal 2: Some leftover chicken (this time I made sure to add some of the fat that cooked with it) Raw veggies from Wednesday night, 1 avocado, and 1/2 organic Red Delicious Apple
    Meal 3: While I was cooking dinner, I munched on some coconut flakes. 2 burgers (85/15 grass fed) seasoned with Practical Paleo recipe for Italian Sausage (man, I need to find another seasoning mix, but this one is so yummy!) and I put a little olive oil in the mix. Some yummy butternut squash.
    Drinks: Water, coconut milk, and a little bit of vanilla rooibos tea
    Exercise: 8X50m sprints, and 1 walk around the work building

I think Starbucks Vanilla Rooibos tea may have some sweetner in it. I didn't add anything to it last night or today. The thing is, I couldn't tell last night when it was so hot. I had a few sips this morning and noticed something odd. Unless of course the tea leaves sweetened if you let it steep too long in your cold vehicle over night...... It just tasted a bit like there was some form of sweetener. I won't be buying that drink again.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

TazoŽ Vanilla Rooibos Full Leaf Tea | TazoŽ StoreI stand corrected about the tea I have seen that there is no sweetner in the tea after going to the website and looking up the ingredients for the Tazo brand Vanilla Rooibos tea.

Hey! Look at you you must be feeling amazing I love the energy levels you have and I have been reading (sorry I haven't been responding.) Glad you're coming along well... and steak for breakfast just feels like the right thing to do doesn't it?
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Hey! Look at you you must be feeling amazing I love the energy levels you have and I have been reading (sorry I haven't been responding.) Glad you're coming along well... and steak for breakfast just feels like the right thing to do doesn't it?
    Yes, steak does feel right for Meal 1 So does fish when I've got it seasoned just right!

Now, I'm wondering if I have to start over because of the slip up I went to cook up some beef sausage on the stove and realized that upon eating a few pre-cooked pieces there was some stuff in there I shouldn't be having right now. It took about 4 or 5 pieces before I finally caught on to the fact that there was some kick to it. Of course I went to the package and noticed some peppers and paprika. I don't normally bring stuff home without reading an ingredient list if it has one. I stopped eating the sausage and ate some of the chicken that I still have from last week. It's amazing how long a whole chicken lasts with me.....

Friday Whole30 day 10
    Meal 1: Grouper seasoned with Italian Sausage seasoning, some leftover diced carrots, onions, and celery that were sauteed with the fish, and 4 pcs bacon
    Meal 2: 2 leftover burgers! That was just the right thing for yesterday. The leftover butternut squash, and avocado, and some berries
    Meal 3: About 4-5 pieces of the pre-cooked sausage, some leftover chicken with the fat, and a few pieces of broccoli.
    Drinks: Water and coconut milk
    Exercise: Same as Monday's workout. No walks around the building

Today has been an actual chill day. Gabi and I spent most of our day either outside or away from the apt. We went in search of a tire to make a tire swing. Thankfully that didn't take long. While Gabi was chilling out with the swing, I was in the hammock. Total bliss until Gabi though it would be a good idea to put Roxy in there with me. It took only a few minutes before I had to use the bathroom since she laid her right on my belly I haven't choked her yet so it's all good.

Yesterday was slightly busy, but not too bad. We got to have our usual Saturday lunch with Juanita and we even had another friend join us. We went to the movies and watched Hansel And Gretel. It's a good movie to watch for the butt kicking stuff. We just barely had time for dinner and had to make due with Famous Dave's. The naked ribs are not completely naked. So, I ate the bottom sides that didn't have any seasoning on them. That is a little tricky. We did need anything to eat at the movies since we ate before we got there.

Saturday Whole30 Day 11
    Meal 1: Steak! 4 pcs bacon and some vegetable that I can't think of just now.
    Meal 2: Grilled chicken, roast beef, and a salad with olive oil
    Meal 3: Naked ribs and steamed broccoli
    Drinks: Water and unsweet tea
    Exercise: 8X50 sprints at the tennis court

Yesterday was one of those slow Sundays that I completely enjoyed with Gabi. It ended with dinner over at Mom's. She did a really good job with dinner last night considering the restrictions. I love when my mom does this. I talked to her about her upcomming retirement and the knee replacement surgeries she's going to have done. Man, I'm still freaking out a little bit over this because I know she still can't afford this. I wish that her health was so much better and I'm starting to be less of a punk about it and realize that she feels the same way.

The thing is, I've changed my prayers around in the morning. So instead of asking for forgiveness first, I've opted to thank God for the things and people that are in my life. Yesterday was the start of Him answering back some of that. The first order of business was to make sure I start getting closer to my proper tithing amount than the offering that I've been giving. My rationale was that if I'm going to be thankful for my job, then I need to give back some of that. The other thing was that I've been thanking Him for my Mom, but I've still had this punk attitude about Mom's health. I've also not been helping her do the dishes whenever we have dinner at her place. So, I made those two more of a priority at her place.

I know I don't normally share my spiritual side on here, but I kind of feel a little relieved to just put it out there.

I've been reading up as much as I can on gardening vegetables because I want to get started on Mom's garden and mine as well. I heart Mother Earth Magazine They've got some good tips and extremely useful information in there. I need to be prepared to get going on her garden since Mom is going to retire at the end of April. I know I'll be doing most of the work for a while, but I don't mind. I'm hoping that we can cut down on her grocery bills by having some veggies in her garden. We'll see what happens with the weather. She can't afford any high water bills either. In the meantime, I'm going to grow what I can at my place. She has some deep planters that I'm thinking we might be able to use for roots and sweet potatoes. I think I can make one more raised bed (or two or three) if I can scrounge up some wood scraps. Or perhaps we can go in search of some more tires!

Sunday Whole30 Day12
    Meal 1: The last 2 of my homeamde sausage patties, a salad with lettuce, cucumbers, raspberries, and the last of my fermented carrots (time to make more!)
    Meal 2: The very last of the roasted chicken, 1 avocado, and some celery to dip in the avocado along with some seasoning
    Meal 3: Pork Chops, green beans, and salad with lettuce, celery, carrots, and cucumber with Mom's homemade dressing. Some canned coconut milk
    Exercise: None. It's Sunday. I chilled out in the hammock!

Well, it seems like the Whole30 is punching at my thyroid problem. This is good news, but I kind of need to kick myself for not paying attention to the signs a few days ago. The sweating just a little bit more than normal and the occasional higher pulse rate should have been my first clue. The thing is, usually around the week leading up to that time of the month, I get period induced asthma. (For a while, I thought I was going nuts, but it turns out that there are quite a few women who have this problem). I probably should have skipped out on donating blood when my pulse was up higher. I didn't because I figured I'd be fine. I ate a pretty good lunch before I donated. I was fine to get up and walk back to my area. It wasn't until later that I had a problem. I've made it through the rest of the day, but not without having to take a break here and there. I've decided to cut my dose in half for my thyroid medicine and see what that does.

I'm actually happy that this happened because it means progress. It also could mean some good news for my mom. I had read up on Whole30 about a few people who had seen some positive progression with their hypothyroidism. I just wasn't expecting it to happen to me I'm almost halfway through. I think that if this keeps up I'm going to stick with it for longer and see what happens. My body hasn't felt this good in a while.

Sorry I'm so behind! Bell peppers are considered fine for whole30. They're actually highlighted as a suggested food.

http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Shopping-List.pdf

Glad to hear that you're seeing benefits with your thyroid. Hopefully you'l see a kick start to your thyroid production. Who knows, by the end of it you could be asthma free

Page 58 of 97 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast