Page 57 of 96 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 57

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I can't believe it, but I was actually worn out when I left work yesterday. I don't think it's because I didn't eat right at lunch. I think it's because I was so freaking busy running around at work. I went to look through "It Starts With Food" for a recipe for dinner and fell asleep on the couch for a few minutes. Thank goodness for Roxy, she woke me right up, lol The only thing was that I was then motivated to move to my bed and get a little nap before getting dinner going.

I did good at group last night! Someone brought some fruit so I had a few pieces after I had dinner at home. I'm really glad that there's more than one in our group doing the primal thing right now because that means that people bringing snacks usually have at least one thing for us. I also made careful note of the iced tea jugs last night....

Wednesday, Whole30 Day 1
    B: 2 pcs Swirly Crustless Quiche, 3 pcs bacon, 1 serving canned coconut milk (that stuff does taste better), and some of my fermented carrots
    L: Canned pink salmon (wild caught), one can of black olives, Spring Salad mix and homemade dressing. Hmm, I feel like I'm missing a part of my meal, but I can't think of what it was. Oh yeah! It was an organic Red Delicious Apple!
    D: Two Greek burgers which consisted of fresh pressed garlic, chopped up leeks,the Greek seasoning mix from Practical Paleo, a little olive oil, and some 85/15 ground beef (local grass fed) A side of roasted asparagus with some more of the garlic, chopped leeks, dried rosemary, and olive oil. I hit up the asparagus with some fresh squeezed lemon juice. A few grapes, a few pieces of melon, and a strawberry.
    Exercise: I used the same workout from Monday morning. 1 morning dog walk and 2 walks around the building
    Drinks: Water and canned Coconut milk
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Looks like a solid day 1!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Ecks, I managed a bit of a headache yesterday That's fairly abnormal for me these days. It was just a low annoying one, but by bed time it was getting out of hand. I'm not sure if it was some allergy thing or maybe sugar withdrawls. I had to take something before bed because it was getting to be too much. I took some tylenol.

My work day wasn't very productive. I could have done more at home than at work. I am not a fan of days like that. Honestly, today isn't looking much better. I'm going to have to remember to stand up more today.

Last night Gabi got her first promotion with Civil Air Patrol! She almost didn't make it to the meeting, but I'm glad she did. I knew that there could have been a possibility that she would get promoted so I kind of ticked her off and made her go.

Thursday Whole30 Day 2
    B: 3 pcs bacon, 3 fried eggs, some canned coconut milk
    L: Leftover burgers and some asparagus. The last of the blueberries in the container
    S: I snacked because I didn't eat enough at lunch. I had some more coconut milk and a can of olives
    D: Ground lamb with onions, roasted cubed sweet potatoes, salt, and cinnamon. Cooked it up in coconut oil (sweet taters were cooked with olive oil)
    Drinks: Water, canned coconut milk, and vanilla roiboos.
    Exercise: 8x50m sprint training. No morning dog walk since I woke up an hour later. 2 walks around the building.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Oops! I almost missed out on today's post for yesterday! Gabi went to her middle school's Jupidor (it was a Neon dance thing) last night and I went shopping. Work was a total bore. However, when I got home I got some good stuff in the mail. The day wasn't a total bust

I learned some things after I went through Whole9's website to do some more reading for fellow hypothyroidism. First, this could be a shocker to some of you about me, I didn't know that most cases of this thing are considered Hashimoto's, thus being an autoimmune deal. I know, I was already planning on following the autoimmune thing just in case. I also realized that I skipped over the section for autoimmune that states I should consider backing off eggs for 90 days Really?!! Ouch! Talk about a buzzkill..... Upon reading some other entries, I have decided to start calling my meals by number as suggested in the book. This might just be the only way I can deal with no eggs. I know I'm not supposed to look at this as what I'm giving up, but it's kind of hard when foods that I thought were safe for Primal are supposed to be taken away for a certain amount of time. I'll just deal with it for now until my time is up and see what happens when I try to reintroduce those foods.

Friday Whole30 day 3
    Meal 1: 3 hard boiled eggs, 3 pcs bacon, and some carton coconut milk (I couldn't find any canned stuff at the regular grocery store)
    Meal 2: The rest of the ground lamb sweet potato hash, salad with homemade dressing, and some berries.
    Meal 3: 4 pcs of mustard chicken using Practical Paleo recipe
    Drinks: Water and coconut milk
    Exercise: The workout that I devised earlier this week and 2 walks around the building at work

Yesterday was a bit off as far as food is concerned. I made a mistake in my timing on meals so that I could join a friend for lunch. I also realized why it is important to eat the meat on the plate first and move on to the veggies afterwards. I was hungry in between meal 2 and 3 I may have gone overboard on the sweet potatoes last night too

Yesterday Whole30 day 4
    Meal 1: Cut up steak meat (about a handful), 3 pcs bacon, some fermented carrots, and some pineapple
    Meal 2: Salad with roast beef on the side
    Snack: 2 links of Chicken & Apple Sausage
    Meal 3: Mark's Lime Kebob things without the peppers. I replaced them with sweet potatoes.
    Drinks: Water and canned coconut milk.
    Exercise: 8x50 sprints and a morning 1.5 miler with the dog

Can you go into more detail as to why eggs are off the plate? Something in there doesn't sound right.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Eggs are off the plate for the autoimmune recommendations. It's in Chapter 21. Interestingly enough, when I told my mom the stuff that's off my plate for a while, she told me those showed to allergens during her allergy test. Did I want to get on her about that? Yes, but I didn't. Okay, once I got past the no egg thing and decided to go with the new names for meals, I started to do fine. I mean hey, steak, salmon, sausage (I haven't given up the bacon ), and chicken aren't so bad in the mornings.

Sunday Whole30 day 5
    Meal 1: Homemade sausage (only had time for 1 patty) 3 pcs bacon, some canned coconut milk, and some fermented carrots
    Meal 2: Roasted turkey breast, Roast beef, and salad
    Meal 3: Very scant amount of food because Gabi and I ate at our old church. 1/4 slice of ham and turkey, few pieces of lettuce, and some fruit.
    Drinks: Water and Coconut Milk
    Exercise: None. It was Sunday I took a day of rest

Id say those are fair offerings. I'd keep an eye on bacon because there is usually added sugar but I'd let it go in lieu of eggs

I might be willing to go a day or two without the bacon in the mornings. Just not yesterday or today, lol. It's been snowing this morning since before I got up. My workout was trying not to get mad at Roxy for wanting to eat the snow versus gonig to the bathroom...... I love my dog. I love my dog. I love my dog. I let Gabi stay home because my mom usually drives her into work. I know my mom won't want to drive in this and I don't expect her to.

I bought a new crock pot that came with a baby crock pot! It's so freaking little! I've got some more bone broth brewing in it since last night. I got my bigger than expected privacy screen built last night and put up. I'll post a picture of it later. I'm using it to keep the light in one area in my front apt room so that I can start some seeds inside.

Monday Whole30 day 6
    Meal 1: 3 pcs bacon, 2 sausage patties, some fermented carrots, and canned coconut milk
    Meal 2: Smoked salmon, mixed greens with a can of olives, homemade dressing, and a small avocado
    Meal 3: Leftover chicken from the other night, one chicken sausage, and some steamed squash.
    Drinks: Water and canned coconut milk
    Exercise: 4xOverhead river rock throw for 50 ft, spiderman crawl to where the rock landed, 25-30 air squats on one side, 100 reps of hula hoop. 1 morning walk, 2 walks around the building.

Steak for Meal 1 you say? Best freaking idea in a long time! I didn't do my sprint workout in the morning yesterday since it was snowing yesterday for most of the day. By nightfall, however, I was able to make it happen. It turns out that the maintainence guy running over the snow and packing it down worked out rather nicely for that. I was worn out by bed time yesterday

I have group at my house this week. I've decided to make some Thanksgiving style meatballs with homemade cranberry sauce and some cubed butternut squash. I might through something else in there.

Tuesday Whole30 day 6
    Meal 1: 8 oz sirloin steak, 3 pcs bacon, sauteed mushrooms, and canned coconut milk. Cooked the steak and mushrooms in bacon grease.
    Meal 2: Some leftover broco/cauli chowder, yellow squash, and some chicken.
    Snack because I didn't fuel up enough at lunch: 1 Apple Chicken Sausage
    Meal 3: Pork chops seasoned with salt, cinnamon, and orange zest with cubed sweet taters as a side. Used some organic dijon mustard as a side
    Drinks: Water, coconut milk, and my own blend of tea
    Exercise: 8x50m sprints in the snow! No walks around the building since it was still snowing.
    Last edited by Alessandra; 02-14-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Page 57 of 96 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast