Page 56 of 96 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 56

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Nothing like some good solid competition to get the burn going again! Did you read mark's post yesterday? I think it would be quite useful.

10 Ways to Make Your Workplace Healthier and More Productive | Mark's Daily Apple

On a quick sidebar- You should weigh yourself at home and at work with the same amount of clothing (and if possible liquids and food) to see how much the scales differ. Chances are they'll be within 2 lbs of each other but it'll give you good insight on to what to expect from the other scale.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Ecks! My book came in the mail yesterday I've been reading right through it, but highlighting in the process. Yeap, it definitely breaks things down a little bit more.

I'm going to have to get Gabi to hide the Krunch from me. That ended up being my dinner last night with about 1/2 of a butternut squash. The good news is that I didnt' eat anything at Buffalo Wild Wings while we said goodbye to a friend last night. I'll miss Jhones at our Wednesday night group. We will still be able to see him since he only moved to Lubbock.

Thursday
    B: Krunch with coconut milk and three scrambled eggs
    L: 9 Lemony Lamb Dolmas
    S that became dinner: Krunch
    Dinner mixed with snack: 1/2 butternut squash
    Drinks: Coconut Milk, 2 servings CHai, water
    Exercise: 2 walks around the building (mapped it out online and it's .72 miles)
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried Winencandy's chocolate hearts?

They are 2 parts coconut oil + 1 part chocolate. I started with all semi-sweet chocolate, and am now at 1/3 semi-sweet and 2/3 unsweetened baking chocolate. It is a really good way of getting the chocolate taste with not much chocolate, and some good fats(if you can handle coconut oil).

Also, if you are sensitive to it, it is a good way of limiting yourself. I can have three, but if I do more than that, my digestion gets queegy, which is enough to keep me from stuffing the whole batch in my face.

And...it tastes great with chopped macadamia nuts mixed in, further reducing the sugar level. Or a dab of almond or hazelnut butter in the center. Mmmmm!

Sabine, I have not tried making those yet. Hmmm. That might be a project for next weekend. The truth about that is is that if I do put that off until next weekend I might forget or lose my motivation to make it happen. That's always a good thing when it comes to chocolate...

Ecks! Thank you again for suggesting that book. Here's the funny thing that happened with that today. I was at Natural Grocers and it was on their book rack! All that time that I was looking for it at the bookstores and it was right there in front of me, lol I've decided to go through the book with Gabi instead of just giving it to her to read. I think this could better explain what I've been trying to tell her. Right now she's getting a good workout cleaning and rearranging her room.

Yesterday and today I skipped out on salad dressing to see if I would be able to construct a salad that would taste good without dressing. I did, but I ended up using raisins and dried cherries. I'm not sure if that was a better replacement, but the salad tasted pretty good without.

Friday
    B: Krunch grainless cereal with milk and 4 pcs bacon
    L: Leftover Citrus Macadamia Crusted fish and butternut squash
    D: Beef Stir Fry
    Drinks: Water and coconut milk
    Exercise: 1 walk around the building and 1 walk through the Art Mall for First Friday Art Walk

Saturday
    B: 3 pcs bacon, 2 scrambled eggs, some Krunch grainless cereal with coconut milk, 1/2 avocado
    L: Jason's Deli Salad bar and a side of roast beef (Juanita bought a breadless sandwich deal while were there and the lady sitting behind us asked her about it! I'm pretty proud of my friend because she's considering making this a permanent change!)
    D: Lamb Lettuce Boats with Avo-Ziki sauce (that sauce is pretty darn tasty stuff)
    Exercise: Shopping with Juanita! I was worn out when I got home I definitely needed a day of hanging with my girl
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

I did have some chocolate yesterday, but in the form of tea. The local coffee shop (The 806) has a pretty wide variety of teas and I opted for some Mayan Chocolate Truffle with a little bit of pure honey. Mom made supper last night but I didn't have any surprise deserts

Ecks, again, thank you for the book suggestion. It's been a really good read and there's plenty to take in.

Sunday
    B: 4 pcs bacon (didn't realize that I had two pieces stuck together), 3 fried eggs, some Krunch cereal with coconut milk
    L: Jason's Deli salad bar and a side of roasted turkey breast. No dressing
    S: Some pork rinds and sour cream
    D: Eggplant Parm (mom grilled the eggplant) with some parm cheese and salad
    Drinks: Water, coconut milk, and unsweet tea
    Exercise: None. I chilled yesterday

Hey! I'm loving that you're lovin the book! I've got 2 copies and they are both out with friends. I'm excited to get it back though because it's a good read (I plan on going through it again). Hope it's been helping with Gabi as well- diet can be confusing to younger ones because it's the first time in their life that they have to be conscious of what they are eating instead of just consuming whatever is given to them.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Ecks, I might possibly be a little upset with the autoimmune disease recommendations because that sort of limits my spices and some of the veggies that I really enjoy eating. That being said, I need to try to go without and see what happens. The nuts and seeds thing sort of made me sad too I'm trying to decide if I can just use macadamia's once in a while if I need them. I don't mind giving up almonds though. Looks like I'll be using coconut oil and the bacon fat (yes it's from a good source) that I've been storing up. Gabi's not quite on the same page as I am right now about this. She's been getting a few more migraines than usual though. I've told her that if she would let me help her with her food options, we could get those to go away. I've had ALMOST no problem with them since going Primal. The only times I have problems with them is when I eat something I shouldn't be eating.

I was going to wait until Thursday to start Whole30 because I usually go grocery shopping on Wednesday. However, since I can do it today, I will shop after work. Which means I start a day earlier than I planned! The only other problem that I have is the weigh in thing But I might be able to work around that one? I still have to do the weigh ins for the challenge. We only do them every two weeks. The next one is next Thursday. I'm thinking that maybe if I let her know ahead of time, I can go in with a blindfold or something and just have her take my information down. As for my home scale, I'm taking the batteries out and letting Gabi hide them from me.

Monday
    B: 3 pcs bacon, 3 fried eggs, coconut milk and Krunch Cereal (Gabi has to make those dissappear too, lol)
    L: Leftover Beef Stir Fry from Practical Paleo, a mix of a handful of blueberries with some chopped macadmia nuts and orange zest (I used that for a fish recipe a few nights ago and had some leftover), and something else that I can't remember
    S: Some more Krunch cereal and about 4 handfuls of almonds (I was actually pretty hungry by the time we got home from work and getting some shopping done)
    Drinks: Water and Coconut Milk
    D: Chinese 5 Spice Lettuce Boats (SCORE! Gabi actually liked this one a little bit)
    Exercise: I did my own thing with the workout yesterday morning It went a little something like this: Overhead throw of a river rock (really just a big rock that I found on the road) with walking lunges until I got to where the rock was. About 50m's out to the cone. On either end of this I had a jump rope or the hula hoop. I did about 30 jumps with the rope and 100 rounds with the hoop. So, I did 2 sets of this yesterday. 1 morning walk and 2 walks around the building at work.

Woo woo! Today is day 1 on Whole30 Breakfast was almost a flop because I forgot to buy some avocados while I was out shopping yesterday I also learned that canned coconut milk should not go in the fridge...... About a minute in the microwave fixed that. So the coconut milk was my extra source of fat with the bacon.

In other news, someone hijacked my debit card yesterday! Thankfully I had all my grocery shopping done. It's just really awkward getting to the self-checkout line at Home Depot and having your card rejected. Some punk in FL had a little fun with my card Thankfully my bank shut them down before they tried to checkout at Winn Dixie. I have to wait until tomorrow to file my claim.

Monday
    B: 3 pcs bacon, 4 eggs, the last time I get to have Krunch Cereal for a long time (might do the recommended 90 days away) with some carton coconut milk (the canned stuff is actually much tastier )
    L: Leftover Chinese 5 Spice Lettuce Cups, 1 avocado, some blueberries
    D: Not the best dinner since I was running around trying to get groceries and other supplies. About 5 handfuls of almonds, my last Chocolate Secret Bar, and some 3H All Natural Beef Jerky (no more of this either since they use certain ingrediants such as red pepper flakes and I did see that it has nitrite in it)
    Drinks: Water and carton Coconut Milk
    Exercise: Sprint Training with 8 sets of 50m's each. 1 morning walk and 1 walk around the work building.

Ok Ecks, the last weigh in that I get to see was done this morning. I also did my last measurements. Gabi hid the tape for me and the batteries. I sort of snuck those in so I could get this information. I also told Juanita that I'm starting this so she's to keep an eye out for me when we are hanging out so that I don't go near sugar.

Weight this morning was 150.4. Waist was 28.5, Hips were 42.5, Chest was 32

I've decided that when I go for the weigh in next week that I will bring my eye cover that I sleep with. Then I won't be able to see anything. I'm going to ask our nurse to keep the information to herself. I have a copy of the track sheet, but I'm not using it anymore.

You should just have gabi hide the whole scale from you. Out of sight out of mind my dear

I should do that. She's asleep at this point though. I need to do the same.

Page 56 of 96 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast