Page 55 of 97 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 55

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandra View Post

Aack, I forgot to mention that I grabbed the wrong tea last night. I thought I had picked up the jug of unsweetened until I took the first drink. I dind't want to be rude and waste it, so I finished off the cup.
    Tell yourself it is no more wasted being poured down the drain, than being poured into you. It's not doing you any good, rather, the opposite. And what does a glass of tea cost, any way? Ten cents?

Hmmm, on rereading, that sounds a bit preachy, but I will let it stand, hoping you know what I mean.

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Normally I read the label, but I didn't last night. It's very rare that I drink sweetened iced tea these days.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Tell yourself it is no more wasted being poured down the drain, than being poured into you. It's not doing you any good, rather, the opposite. And what does a glass of tea cost, any way? Ten cents?

Hmmm, on rereading, that sounds a bit preachy, but I will let it stand, hoping you know what I mean.
    +1

Allessandra! What's goin on? Hahaha... One day with the dolmas the next with the iced tea. Better Iced Tea- Grab a pitcher and some of your fave tea. Put said tea in pitcher, fill with hot water and let it set over night. In the morn pop it in the fridge and by supper time you have amazing unsweetened iced tea.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

I just don't drink it that much unless I go out to eat. Then it's unsweetened with some lemon. I make that lemon slice work hard for it's money too Squeeze the life out of the bad boy!

Oh oh oh! My Steve's Paleo Kit stuff came in yesterday Whoever said that Krunch stuff was addicting was on the spot..... Let's just say I might have had more than I should have last night. At least it was something that was slightly better for me..... Gabi didn't like it too much so I don't have to worry about her getting into it. Except I did finish off the last serving that was left this morning to go with my breakfast. It tastes pretty good with coconut milk. She does like the jerky! I think I might just order some more while Mark still has the free shipping coupon going on.

I didn't workout yesterday morning because I just wanted some good sleep. I don't do that sleeping in thing as much any more. I did go swimming last night though. I didn't have the whole pool to myself, but I made do with the half that was the deep end where most of the kids stay away from. I was worn out after picking up Gabi from C.A.P. She was also tired because they decided to do PT last night. She said they had to do 150 squats and lots of cherry pickers. I'm surprised she was able to walk this morning, lol They went past the actual air squatting position and had them at butt to heel. Ugh, I'm not a fan of doing that with kids because they don't always know to push up with the heels. She was up and walking around this morning though. I'm sure she'll be feeling it tonight sometime.

Thursday
    B: 3 pcs bacon and 3 fried farm fresh eggs
    L: The last leftover lemon chicken, pork rinds, and some sour cream
    S: The last few pork rinds
    D: Crock pot Leg of Lamb (oh my gosh that recipe is freaking awesome!)
    Drinks: Water and more water.
    Exercise: Lap swimming
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

My weekend has been pretty chill up until about 20 mins ago when my kitchen sink revolted on me! It's busted and they can't get it replaced till tomorrow. Thank goodness I can get water from other faucets in my house! I was in the middle of making some food for later on this week when my faucet decided to bust and spray me with water Good times I tell ya. That heat wave of 72 degrees obviously needed to be cooled off.

Friday
    B: 2 apple streussel egg muffins, 3 pcs bacon
    L: Last of the lamb, some pork rinds, and some sour cream
    S: I had something. I just don't remember what the heck it was
    F: Salad bar from Jason's Deli
    S at like 1 AM after catching some live music and dancing: Egg muffin, just one
    Drinks: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH! Bad Alessandra! Had a rum and coke while I was out. Water the rest of the day.
    Exercise: Dancing and 10 Min Trainer Total Body

Satruday
    B: Apple Egg muffins, like 2
    S/Lunch: Pork rinds
    D: Blue Sky Burger Protein Diet W/two burgers (no buns) some bacon, greek salad with the dressing
    Drinks:Water
    Exercise: Uhm, I didn't. I had to wake up early on a Saturday to get Gabi off to Solo and Ensemble. I did go bowling and did quite a bit of walking while shopping.

Woo woo! Sink is fixed I did manage to make do with water from the bathrooms in jugs to help clean dishes and other stuff. I thought about something that's been on my mind from time to time. It was that I have so much more than other people have around the world. I have 2 bathrooms and one kitchen. That means that I have 5 faucets in my apartment. Even though my apartment isn't big, still have that many faucets. I also have appliances, though they are old and wearing down, that help me get things done quicker. I had to wonder how my life would be if I didn't have all that stuff. Man, I'm grateful, but I think I need to cut back on my useage of some items. The stove is most likely not going to be one of those items. I already air dry my jeans after they wash. Yesterday was a nice enough day to actually dry more laundry outdoors and today has been the same way. So I think I'll dry outdoors today.

Why am I wondering about this stuff? Mostly because I could be doing these chores that give me a little bit of exercise too.

Sorry, but I had to cut short my last post. Looks like I need to speed this one up as well.

Sunday:
    B: The very last apple egg muffin
    L: Jason's Deli Salad bar and no bread Papa Joe's
    S: Just a few pieces off the Swirly Quiche that I was making for this week
    D: About 6 Lemony Lamb Dolmas (uses shredded cauliflower vs. rice) because I baked them so close to dinner at mom's. Then some ribeye pieces and salad at moms.
    Dessert: I love my mom, but she keeps thinking that I'm okay to eat peanut butter all the time! Thankfully I don't eat it enough to do too much damage. She made these homemade gluten-free chocolate peanut butter crisps last night. I had like 4 of them. I'm not feeling bad today because of them and I'm thankful. Next time she says gluten free dessert and then hands it to me I'm going to question her first. She can't have almonds so the almond butter is out of the question.
    Drinks: Tea, coconut water, and water.
    Exercise: 10 Min Trainer Total Body and about 15 mins of volleyball with Gabi before she decided she was done and wanted hammock time.

Yikes! Chocolate attack yesterday! Man, I should have just bought my own dark chocolate instead of eating any of Gabi's stuff. The good news is that dinner turned out pretty doggone good (thank you 3H All Natural Beef for the awesome flank steak) and I managed to down like 2 beets to myself without thinking about it. I know it was my body screaming for a few more carbs since it's that time of the month. I think maybe I should have had those waiting for me when I got home so I wouldn't mess with the chocolate

Okay I think I might have a few minutes to type.

I went a little buck wild with the dark chocolate yesterday. This time it was my chocolate. Still doesn't make it right :rollseyes: I thought I was going to be able to get to choir practice yesterday, but we had some inclement weather that left me with no desire to drive around people that don't know how to drive when it's snowing.

I've got my Wed group tonight, but none of the Paleo peeps are cooking. The good news is that I already have some lamb dolmas made up for my regular meal.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok, I'm going to try again to type in what's been up for the past few days..... I'm not going to hold my breath since Gabi said this, but she admitted to me that she knows she needs to lose the gluten because she's got fat on her belly. We'll see what comes out of that.

I did do good last night with my group. I managed to get away with only having unsweetened tea. Now what I did before hand is another story. My second shipment from Steve's Paleo came in yesterday. That found it's way into my dinner since I opted to taste test a little of the different Krunch's that I got with this package.

Today is the first day of my work's Biggest Loser competition! Ecks, I'm going to use my weekly weigh ins now instead of my scale. That's approximately 10 weeks worth of weigh ins at work. I entered this mostly to give me a goal to reach for. Right now, I'd like to drop 27 pounds. If I can hit 30, that's fine. I don't plan on winning this thing, but I do plan on pushing myself. My mind is roaring at me to get to lifting heavy things and sprint train more. I have already added walking the perimeter of my work building during my two small breaks. It's more like a wake up when the day gets busy or hectic.

Now the trick will be for me to remember what I ate on Monday!

Monday
    B: 3 pcs bacon & 2 pcs swirly crustless quiche
    L: Two pcs of mustard chicken thighs and salad greens with homemade dressing
    S: Plantain chips, some of Gabi's chocolate, and some salsa
    D: Grilled Flank Steak with onions and bell peppers
    Drinks: Water
    Exercise: 10 Min Trainer Total Body. 2 walks around the building

Tuesday
    B:3 pcs bacon and 1 pc Swirly Crustless quiche
    L: Crud, I can't remember what I had!
    S: Too much dark chocolate and some more plantain chips
    D: Sage Turkey leg meat
    Drinks: Water
    Exercise: 2 walks around the building at work

Wednesday
    B: 3 pcs bacon and 1 swirly crustless quiche
    L: Leftover flank steak, pork rinds, and some pistachios
    S: 1 chocolate secret bar
    D: About 9 dolmas with at least one full bar of Steve's Paleo Krunch Bar and some tasting so of the other cereals.
    Drinks: Water and Coconut milk
    Exercise: 1 walk around the building.

Page 55 of 97 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast