Page 54 of 96 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 54

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm curious... Why the frequency of meals? (Snacks and whatnot?). Also what's in grain free poridge? It sounds like it could be good!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Ecks, I'm trying to not eat so much at each meal. Mostly cut back on calories. This actually works out at work, but it's flawed once I get home. If I eat a bigger meal just three times a day, my mind still keeps telling me it's okay to snack in between

I did pretty good yesterday until I got home. I finished off some almonds that were left in the fridge. I did go out with my girls for dinner last night and passed on an appetizer, but I do believe the salad dressing that I was given had some sugar in it. Too bad because there was bacon in it too!

I'm working today and have snacked on some more almonds this morning, but we did have breakfast brought in. I didn't order any burritos once I found out the place would just serve me a platter with just what I wanted. So I managed to get some eggs and bacon. Haven't eaten since then.

Friday Jan 18
    B: 6 pcs bacon
    S: cup of mixed berries and chopped pecans
    L: 2 hard boiled eggs, some cucumber slices, and some cherry tomatoes
    S: The very last of the herb roasted almonds
    D: Side salad with bacon vinnegrette, 7 oz sirloin, and some steamed veggies from Ruby Tuesdays
    Drinks: water and unsweet tea
    Exercise: 10 Min Trainer Lower Body and Abs
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

In it starts with food they give guidelines to meals. Breakfast within an hour of waking. Each meal should have 1 to 2 palm sizes worth of protein in them. If you're eating eggs 1 portion is the number of eggs you can hold in your hand (should be 2-3 for ladies). And 3 meals a day... this should help you get on track and balance out the hunger hormones in your body. (I also really suggest it starts with food as paleo literature... probably the best resource I've read).
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

I'll stop by B&N and see if they have that available for me to pick up. I did find some batteries for the scale and weighed myself this morning. I haven't lost any weight, but I haven't gained any. So I'm happy with that for right now. I also bought a swimsuit for just doing lap swimming at the pool. I plan on using my Y membership to get some pool time in on the days that I have time in the evening to get out. I love to swim and be in the water! Now to just get back into walking more outdoors.... I'm sure my dog would love the chance to walk more as well.

I also bought Gabi a basketball yesterday. Roxy seemed to mistake this as a new ball for her so Gabi had to hide it in her closet. Roxy is deathly afraid of that closet (I would be too if I was a dog since it's kind of scarey in there). In the process of putting the basketball in there she found her volleyball! Woo woo! I don't have to buy another one I will be buying a net though. Our apartment complex has two poles set up for it, but no net. We'll fix this little issue. I'm thinking of maybe even getting out there and getting rid of the plants that have the little prickly things on them so we can barefoot it.

Juanita and our other friend Amy made some Paleo Pot Stickers last night. Woah those were good! I think that the cabbage and the spinach from my gluten free pizza may have done a number on my belly, but I'm fine now. It's all out I know, I know, TMI!

I didn't workout yesterday because my body just wanted a little bit of a break since I had to be at work an hour earlier. I didn't have time once I picked up Gabi and did some bathingsuit/t-shirt shopping.

Yesterday
    B: 3 fried eggs and bacon
    L: Pork rinds and pistachio nuts
    S: the rest of the pork rinds
    D: Gluten-Free Spinach pizza and a Paleo Pot Sticker
    Drinks: Water and some chai
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

I love how much you engage Gabi in your health and exercise. It can be difficult to keep to a healthy path let alone bring someone else along for the ride.

(BTW wanna get me the recipe for those pot stickers?)

Ecks, I will ask Juanita tonight about those! You should have seen Gabi and Roxy on the tennis/basketball court last night Gabi uses her for blocking practice with her basketball since Roxy will just follow the ball. I need to get a picture of that the next time I see them do that.

I didn't get to swim yesterday because I didn't have a schedule for the Y's pool. I've corrected that issue and have one in the truck now. I wish the pool was bigger, but I'll make do with what I have for now.

I made some broc-cauli chowder last night and saved some for other days when I might want something quick to warm up when it comes to soup. That's good stuff!

Sunday
    B: 2 eggs and 3 pcs bacon
    L: About 1 cup of leftover bolognese and some beets
    S: What did I have? Crap, I can't remember. Wait, now I remember. Some macadamia nuts and walnut halves that were microwave roasted with butter, some salt, and garlic powder. Some sour cream as well.
    D: Mom's under the brick Chinese 5 spice Chicken, like 2 servings because I was pretty hungry, some roasted root veggies, and salad with mom's homemade dressing.
    Drinks: Water
    Exercise: 10 Min Trainer Cardio since I didn't work out on Saturday and my Sunday workout was supposed to be Yoga Flex

Monday:
    B: My own homemade fermented carrots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus some eggs and bacon.
    L: Leftover of Mom's chicken and the veggies
    S: Pork Rinds, sour cream, and some energy bar made from The Bearded Guys (I think I have that right) who are out of Austin
    D: Lemon Chicken with Artichokes and the Broc-Cauli Chowder with bacon.
    S: I was making my breakfast for today, so I taste tested two. I could have gone with one, but I just mindlessly ate two of the Apple Struessel Egg Muffins with some maple syrup.
    Drinks: Water
    Exercise: 10 min trainer Total Body and Yoga

Mental note to self: Next time check the label a little closer that's on the grape leaves container. This will preven buying actual dolmas instead of the grape leaves needed for a recipe and will also prevent you from eating like 6 of said dolmas

The dinner I was supposed to cook last night was Mom's Cabbage Rolls. In Practical Paleo's section for the Thyroid stuff she calls out for the use of zucchini instead of cabbage. I was just going to replace the cabbage with grape leaves until I got home and opened the can to find I bought already made dolmas. I thought I would just eat two of them, but I think I ate like 6..... I need to make sure that next time I have the right ingrediant, lol. When you don't have the larger home grown zucchini to make the rolls with it can be tricky, but still doable. It just takes more time. Something I really didn't have too much of last night, but I made it happen anyway.

I'm thinking about some IF'ing this weekend starting on Saturday morning. We'll see what happens. Gabi has Solo and Ensemble for choir that's on Saturday. I am planning on going out Friday night to go listen to Stoney LaRue live!

Yesterday
    B: 2 Apple Struessel Egg Muffins and 3 pcs Bacon
    L: Leftover Lemon Chicken with chowder
    S: Pork Rinds seasoned with home made greek seasoning and Mascarpone
    D: Mom's Cabbage rolls using zucchini and about 6 small dolmas
    Drinks: 2xChai, Water, and some coconut milk
    Exercise: 10 Min Trainer Cardio and Abs

Dangit, I forgot to add swimming to my exercise! I only got to swim for 15 mins because I got to the pool so late, but something was better than nothing. The pool isn't olympic size yet it's big enough for now. I'm not at the point where I can swim down and back without getting worn out too easily so I swam down, then took a few seconds worth of a break, then swam back.

I think my wake up call finally showed up in two forms. One: I don't fit into the size 12 swimsuit without back fat and leg fat looking horendous. Two: even in the size 16 low cut, my legs still look bad at the top. I know the swimsuits tend to be about 2 sizes tighter or more than what one would wear in jeans and such, but that still hurt a little bit. All I can do now is just work smarter and remember what that I still have a ways to go. I will go back on Thursday night when Gabi has C.A.P. and do some more swimming. I think about 3 times a week should be good.

You're beautiful and a fighter No matter how your legs look in a bathing suit

Thanks Ecks

Wow was yesterday fast paced! I hardly had any time to breath once I left work. It was straight to the regular grocery store, the meat store, then Natural Grocers. Roxy really didn't get to have any fun with us yesterday because as soon as we got home we had to to unload groceries, use the restroom, take her out for the same thing, feed her, and then leave for each church group. Oh yeah, I had to pick up one of Gabi's friends so she could go with Gabi.

Since my group was at another person's house this week I didn't have to cook. The good news is that the hostess is also going Paleo with my other friend Juanita during Juanita's challenge Yes I did pig out on the food last night. Man, it was good stuff! Plus, we found out that two people from our group finally got engaged! I'm so freaking excited for them

Wed
    B: 2 Apple Struessel Egg Muffins, 3 pcs bacon, some aged sharp cheddar cheese
    L: Leftover 4 cabbage (zucchini) rolls, some pork rinds with mascarpone, and some aged sharp cheddar cheese
    S: 3 Dolmas and 1 Raw Revolution Coconut Delight
    D: I think about 6 sausage balls (with cranberries on top!), about 3 of Juanita's Asian wings (delicious!), and like 4 of those Paleo brownies that Amy made
    D: Water and a cup of sweetened tea
    Exercise: 10 Min Trainer Cardio

Aack, I forgot to mention that I grabbed the wrong tea last night. I thought I had picked up the jug of unsweetened until I took the first drink. I dind't want to be rude and waste it, so I finished off the cup. I know that I didn't have to but this time I pressured myself. Won't happen again!

Page 54 of 96 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast