Page 53 of 97 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 53

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for the link Ecks!

It donned on me this morning that I forgot to post yesterday. Oh well, it happens. I don't remember exactly what I had Wednesday so I might be missing a few things.

Wednesday
    B: 3 boiled eggs
    S: Something that I can't remember
    L: 2 leftover fiery jalepeno buffalo burgers and some milk (that stuff burns my lips!)
    S: Something, I still can't remember
    S after grocery shopping: Smoked Gouda Cheese
    D: Lamb chops and greek salad with homemade dressing
    S: My friend Jhones sort of coerced me into a small cracker sandwich. Then I had a few baby cut carrots, some more cheese, and some pepperoni
    Drinks: Water, kombucha, milk, unsweetened tea, and some homemade hot cinnamon spice tea
    Exercise: Yoga Flex!

Thursday
    B: 6 pcs bacon
    S: Liverwurst
    L: Leftover bolognese (paleo style)
    S: Macadamia nuts
    S after work: Chocolate Secret bar and some pork rinds with sour cream. I didn't really eat dinner because I ate too much at snack time
    Drinks: Water, kombucha, and vanilla spice latte from Starbucks
    Exercise: 10 min Trainer Cardio and Abs
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Ecks, trying to find those minimus here in the right size shoe and for women is next to impossible. The barefoot thing is still taking it's time to catch on around here. I did find some merrell's that should do the trick

Gabi was supposed to finally get her first orientation ride on a Cessna 172 when it started to snow about an hour out from her take off time. We would have been fine but the ceiling dropped too low for them to go out today. Sometimes it's like this just isn't supposed to happen for her! Poor kid, she had her uniform on and was just about ready to go when I got the call that they had to cancel. I took her out for a burger at our favorite joint, Blue Sky. Blue Sky has a special called The Protien Diet that I like quite a bit. I always ask for no cheese because I know what kind of cheese they are using on there. Good stuff. It's two of their burger patties with two pieces of bacon, a small side of chili, and a salad on the side. I opted to eat much slower than I usually do at lunch. I ate 1 3/4 of the burgers and both pieces of the bacon with a bite of the chili and some of the salad (mostly olives). I was full by they time I finished. I'm glad I ate slower.

My friend Jhones showed up last night with some Buffalo Wild Wings, but I was already in the middle of cooking dinner. I ate my stuff. I felt bad when I turned away his food because I know he meant well, but I couldn't do it. He did help me take down the Christmas tree last night while distracting our dog. Gabi just watched the whole thing.

Friday
    S: mixed cup of berries and chopped pecans
    L: 3 hard boiled eggs and some salad with my homemade dressing
    S: Unsalted pistachios
    S after work: Coconut Chocolate Bar
    D: Pork rinds and some sour cream
    Drinks: Water and Kombucha
    Exercise: 10 Min Total Body

Yesterday
    B: 4 pcs bacon, scrambled eggs with chives and green onions (gabi and her friend made this), and some heated strawberries
    L: 1 3/4's burger patties from Blue Sky, 2 pcs bacon, some black olives and a bit of chili
    D: Grilled butternut squash and pineapple, some pineapple salsa, grilled skirt steak
    Drinks: Water, some tea that Gabi made, and kombucha
    Workout: Walked 1 mile roundtrip to store. 10 Min Train Lower Body and Yoga Flex. Walked around the mall looking for the right shoe.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

ecks is offline Senior Member
    I envy your merrils. Those were my first choice but they fit funny on my feet.

Your friend jhones or your "friend" jhones??
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Lol He's just a friend. He's one of the few guys in our small group. He'll be leaving around the end of the month to become a professor at Texas Tech.

I made a change to my Sundays that I think has paid off these past two weekends. I chose to not do grocery shopping during the middle of the day. This freed up about 2 hours worth of my time yesterday and reduced some stress over trying to get that done before going over to Mom's on Sundays for family dinner time. I've moved the grocery shopping to get done during the week when I've got other errands that can get done at the same time. So much easier and it makes my weekend a little bit more relaxing.

Yesterday
    S: Almonds, summer beef sausage (snack size)
    L: Salad bar salad from Jason's Deli with a side of roasted turkey deli meat (I think I don't like theirs that much) and two hard boiled eggs with red wine vinegar and olive oil
    D: Mom's Primal friendly eggplant parmesan (no bread!) and some gluten free (Pamela's mix) parker house rolls (like 6-8, oops )
    Drinks: Water and very lightly sweetened iced tea at mom's and Jason's.
    Exercise: 10 Min Trainer Cardio and Yoga Flex. Walked around TJMaxx with some friends for a bit.

I finally got around to making some homemade bone broth. I'm going to go ahead and let it cook for the full 24 hours. I just don't have time in the mornings to cool off the broth and seperate it into containtheers.

I get to host group at my place tomorrow night and meal that I would normally eat, according to the thyroid plan in Practical Paleo, is stuffed mushrooms! Thank goodness because I'm in charge of the food stuffs since it's at my place. I like being able to do this because it means I have a little control over what's being set out.

Yesterday:
    S: 1/2 acorn squash w/coconut oil, some cinnamon mix, shredded coconut, almonds, some currants, and a tad bit of maple syrup
    L: Leftover from mom's meal and 4 of the gluten free parker house rolls
    S: Yumnuts Cashews with coconut
    D: Fiery Jalepeno burger
    Drinks: Water and kombucha before bed
    Exercise: 10 minute trainer Cardio and Abs.

I think I shouldn't have eaten any more of those rolls because I was a little bloated yesterday evening. The kombucha helped calm my tummy down before bed so I managed to get a full 7 hours of sleep.

I'm thinking that maybe instead of drinking any kombucha in the morning, I'll be drinking it in the evening.

The shoes are working rather nicely so far.

Woo woo! I finally pulled my head out of my rear long enough to go over some drill movements with Gabi. I'm sure she hates me becuase of it, but we must work on them! She told me my voice sounds funny when I call out the commands. She don't know that's her mama rolls...... It's a good thing we did that stuff indoors last night because if we had to do it outside I probably would have sounded even funnier

Yesterday
    B: 3 fried eggs
    L: Last fiery jalapeno burger and some leftover grilled butternut squash
    S: Unsalted pistachio's
    D: YUM! Asian orange scallops with steamed zucchini. Practical Paleo calls for that evening's meal to include a shrimp cocktail, but since I'm allergic to the stuff, I took a pass. Oh yeah, I ate some Kerry Gold butter while I was cooking. Man that's good stuff sometimes.
    Drinks: Water and some kombucha before bed time.
    Exercise: 10 Min Total Body and Lower Body

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm... I wonder if she'd feel more comfortable learning drill commands as well if she got to call them out on you. If anything it could be a fun experience for the both of you
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

When she gets good at taking the basic commands, then I will have her call out the commands to me. She'll need that practice in order to become an NCO. I think we can make this happen!

In Other News: Groupon had a groupon for YMCA membership so I purchased one for Gabi and me. I'm so glad because they have an indoor pool! YES! Swim time! Gabi has also informed me that she will teach me how to play basketball because I really can't play. I think this will be fun for us

Man, the past two days were a little rough on myself and the kid. We managed to get through them through prayer and strength found in God. I did something I don't normally do, but because I found myself distracted at work I opted to leave early and take Gabi home with me for us to just cool down and chill for a bit. Then my Sunday morning's small group had their monthly Ladies Night Out dinner at an Italian restaurant. Yes, I skipped out on the customary bread and such stuff. My friend also joined us and I helped her navigate through the menu. She almost ordered chicken, but I showed her that they had plenty of other options for her to choose from that didn't involve pasta. I know she's been living off of chicken lately. The only down side to it is that the sauce that came with both of our fish dishes tore her stomach up. I do suspect there was some flour in there. So we won't be getting that dish again unless the sauce comes on the side.

Having group at my house on Wed night was fun, but I admit I went overboard with the almonds that night. Jhones showed up with a birthday cake because it was his birthday and he didn't tell anyone. I did partake in a small piece of that and I wish I hadn't! My poor belly was upset the next day

Wed
    S: Macadmia Nuts
    L: Tuna
    S: Salad with no dressing
    S that I didn't need: Some orange cinnamon almonds
    D: Probably about 5 or 6 stuffed mushrooms, lots of almonds........ Some caprese (I love using balsamic vinegar with this), and a small slice of cake
    Drinks: Water and kombucha
    Exercise: 10 Min Cardio and Yoga Flex

Yesterday
    B: Grain-free porridge
    S: Not sure if I actually ate anything
    L: Leftover stuffed mushrooms, some of the last of the stuffing meat for that, gluten-free chips and Green Mountain Gringo Salsa
    D: Pesca Blanca and veggies with a variety of potatoes (my favorite purple ones were in there)
    Drinks: Water and Hot Cinnamon Spice Tea
    Exercise: 10 Min Trainer Total Body

Page 53 of 97 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast