Page 52 of 96 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 52

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Man, I haven't been able to stay still the past few days Too much has been going on to slow down enough to type more than a few sentences here and there. Gabi and I have butted heads just a little bit, but maybe we might work something out. This afternoon has gone by much better with Gabi getting some much needed cleaning done to her room, specifically her closet.

I had wanted to drive down to Palo Duro Canyon today and get some hiking in, but cleaning the apartment took priority because it needed to happen. I won't be able to go tomorrow because that day already has plenty planned for it. Church being the most important thing.

I went ahead with the fat fast yesterday so that I could test out a new idea for me. The question I had was could I make it on lower carbs during a certain period of the month and still function. The answer was yes to that one day. At the end of the day though, I did take in a few more with some turkey jerky sticks from Natural Grocers.

Yesterday
    B: 6 pcs bacon
    S: pork rinds and sour cream
    L: Liverwurst,1 avocado, & some brie cheese
    S: pork rind and sour cream
    D: Jason's Deli Papa Joe without bread
    Drinks: Water and kombucha tea

No workout because I needed some sleep in the morning.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

I finally had a day that wasn't as crazy! WOO WOO! I did oversleep a little bit this morning and that caused me to be a bit late getting to church on time. However, I slept through the night and it was great!

Ecks, I think you might get a laugh out of my morning. I went to weigh myself only to realize that the batteries were dead...... Now I know that they just died because their time was up, but I think that was a little divine intervention since I was still trying to figure out how I was going to deal with the scale this month. Sure, I could go out and buy batteries when I remember to. Part of my problem is that I will usually forget. The other part is that when I do remember to buy them I usually have to talk myself into spending the unreasonable amount of money that they cost now. So this could be the answer to my question. At least until I feel like buying more batteries. Hopefully I don't get myself all worked up over my thoughts on this.

I didn't get my workout in today mostly because I slept in and once the day got going I really had to time to squeeze anything extra in. Also, tomorrow morning starts with the somewhat schedule. I'm not going to kill myself to meet this all the time, but I will do my best to work with what I've got.

I did get to enjoy lunch with my Sunday morning Bible study group. I'm so glad that I did! I had a chance to talk to one of the high school history teachers about "The Solider's Story". She has a kid in her class who is a huge Vietnam War buff and I told her about the book. She's excited to tell him about it. I'm just happy to pass the information on because perhaps a new generation will get to learn some things from the solider's side of the war that they otherwise won't get in their text books. Plus, it was fun to chat with a teacher that knows some of Gabi's teachers

I'm so ready for bed now!

Here's a list of what I remember eating yesterday because I don't remember when I ate.
    Pork rinds and some sour cream. Thanksgiving Meatballs with mashed cauliflower. I know I'm forgetting something that I ate between those two times, but I can't remember what it was

Today
    B: 6 pcs bacon
    L: Went to Ruby Tequila's and managed to mostly miss out on the chips (there were a few strips in my salad that I missed), but I ordered some guacamole and munched on that until the fajita salad came out. Had guarillo vinigrette with my salad.
    S: Pork rinds and sour cream
    D: Mom cooked up some brussell sprouts, smashed taters, mushrooms and onions, and beef tenderloin. I had a little of each.
    Drinks: Water, unsweetened iced tea, double shot hot chocolate from The 806 (favoritest coffee house ever!) and some home made tea.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Oh yeah, my first jar of fermented carrots is doing okay so far. I prepared another jar yesterday. United Super Market had these enormous carrots so I grabbed a few. One was enough for the smaller jar. When I told my mom about prepping this stuff she said she wasn't so sure about fermented foods. Unless of course it's saurkraut, which she happens to love. The thing about that is that neither one of us should be eating too much cabbage. Thank you Practical Paleo for that tidbit of information! I'm not much of a cabbage person to begin with, but I do enjoy some kraut from time to time

Oh yeah, one of my friends starts her Paleo challenge this week! Man, I really hope she sticks with it. Her trainer signed her up for this workout/diet challenge thing. I did tell her about the forums on here and how helpful they are. I can only hope she decides to give it a try!

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Wait... what's wrong with cabbage? It's delicious!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Goitrogen(sp?) so for those with hypothyroidism, it's not so good to eat too much of it. Plus, I don't dig the taste too much. Thankfully I don't eat too much of it to begin with.

According to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igfYrp8WrsA there is a lot more foods to avoid if you are avoiding goitrogen. List starts at 0:30
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Yea, there's a list in the Practical Paleo book too. The thing is, I don't feel bad about not eating too much cabbage or certain other goitrogens. I will eat them from time to time, but I don't eat some of them enough to really worry about it.

Man! Gabi and I were supposed to go to Amarillo Rock Climbing House yesterday and have some fun. Unfortunately, she fell asleep at home and didn't wake up until after dinner time. That left me with no time to make it enjoyable. We're going to try to head out there today and have some fun. I did still manage to get my workout in and walk the dog in the morning.

Yesterday
    B: 3 scrambled eggs
    S: 1 avocado and some salt
    L: Leftover Thanksgiving style meatballs and the mashed cauliflower
    S: Pork rinds with sour cream
    S: Chocolate Secret Bar
    D: Citrus Macadamia Nut fish and steamed carrots
    Drinks: Kombucha and water
    Exercise: 10 min Trainer Cardio and Lower Body. Morning dog walk.

Woo Woo! Finally made it to the rock climbing gym last night We didn't get to stay as long as either one of us wanted to since we got there so late. I did learn that my upper body strength is severly lacking and I need to remedy this issue over the next few months. I let myself slide for so long that it has taken it's toll on me. I'm not going to dwell on the slide. Instead I will use yesterday as my motivator to get going.

I just finished reading this book called "The Heart and The Fist" and it's in line with something that's been tugging at my heart for a while. Now to just figure out where to start!

I have my weekly in home church group meeting this evening. Last week I managed to get through the meeting without eating anything non-Paleo. I think I can manage to do it again this week. Actually I know I can!

Yesterday
    B: Grain free porridge (hmmmm good stuff!)
    S: 3 hard boiled eggs
    L: Leftover Thanksgiving meatballs with smashed cauliflower
    S: Pork Rinds with sour cream and something else in the fridge that I munched on last night
    D: Fiery Jalapeno Buffalo burger and the last of the cauliflower
    Drinks: water, kombucha, and my own homemade version of Harney & Son's Hot Cinnamon Spice Tea
    Exercise: 10 Minute Trainer Total Body and Cardio

I have a question for anyone reading. I can't go barefoot at work. Even if I could, it's never going to be safe. I'm looking for some recommendations on shoes that I can wear to work that are good on hard floors. I can't wear 5 fingers either. Just not safe at all and also not allowed here. I don't want a think sole.

I wear new balance minimums shoes and love them. Vibram makes the bottoms and the front of the shoe is wide leaving lots of space for toe spread.

Sidebar: Toe spread sounds like a dirty sandwich condiment.

Women's New Balance Minimus Collection | newbalance.com

Mine are the guys version of the minimums 10 trail. Love them!

Page 52 of 96 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast