Page 51 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 51

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    I'm already starting to feel a little bit better minus the sinus stuff I have going on. I think some more netti pot washing should help that out though. While I was at Natural Grocers I went ahead and grabbed a few bottles of kombucha to take in over the next few days. I didn't really get much movement yesterday other than running around for some errands.

I did make it through Carino's last night on only unsweetened iced tea! I made some homemade egg salad and chowed down on that before going and snacked on some liverwurst when I got back home. I probably could have gone without the liverwurst, but I was just a tad bit hungry. The movie was pretty good, but for some reason I found myself judging and I have no reason to. I think I was kind of caught up in the idea of the film and I may have wanted to punch one of the characters half way through. The thing is, this was my very first time seeing Les Miserables and I knew nothing about it until last week when I read a synopsis of it online. All in all, it was a great film. I cried quite a few times and so did Gabi.

Ok, since I didn't really eat at normal times and didn't measure out the start of the fat fast, I'm just going to list what I ate.
    2x's pork rinds w/sour cream, some more sour cream in there somewhere, a pat of kerry gold butter, egg salad (used some homemade mayo), liverwurst, brie cheese. I had about 3 servings of kombucha, 1 decaf bulletproof coffe/choffy drink. 1 probiotic, 1 thyroid cap, 3 cod liver oil caps, and 1 multi.

I took it easy yesterday morning because I kind of just wanted a chill day. Today I think I'll get out and move around some more after getting laundry and chores done. I'm trying to enjoy my last four days off before having to head back to the craziness of work.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

I have enjoyed the past few days of semi-relaxing. I woke up this morning thinking that it was already Wednesday. Thankfully I was wrong! I bought Roxy a new little jacket like deal at TJMaxx yesterday and we tested it out this morning. We had a small amount of snowfall this morning so I figured it was the best time to try. I'm not sure how she feels about it just yet but I might look into getting something for her hind legs when it's really cold outside. I think we managed about 1.5 miles today on the walk.

The fat fast has been working out pretty good so far. I'm on day 4, I think. I've pretty much stuck to the stuff on the list minus choffy, but that's it. I've added some kerry gold to that. The kombucha is helping to keep my belly under regulation so I might just incorporate that on a daily basis.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad the fat fast is working out for you. Kerry gold...mmm!

I recently made a batch of Winencandy's coconut oil-chocolates, and have been thinking of making some test batches, at various ratios of coconut oil to chocolate, to find what is the absolute MINIMUM of chocolate I can use, and still feel like I am eating something chocolate, and not just a hunk of fat.
    Last edited by Sabine; 01-02-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Speaking of chocolate, I had some yesterday. I had a non primal meal last night at my friends house, but I knew I was going to do that before I go there. My stomach let me have it this morning when I woke up so there's the reminder again. I had some marzipan that I didn't read the label of. That was a mistake on my part because I found when I opened it that it was chocolate covered marzipan. The thing is that non of the chocolate that I ate yesterday was particularly too pleasing to the taste. Then one of my friends made some mint thing drizzled with chocolate. I should have stopped at the first bite because it was more than I could handle. Oh well. I think the fat fast is taking the effect that I need it to. Thank goodness for that! I'm planning on cooking a regular meal for dinner from the Paleo cookbook that I have. It's stuffed peppers and I kind of like this recipe.

I did get some workouts in yesterday and the day before. I didn't post most of what I ate on Sunday and Monday (up until dinner time last night) because it was mostly the same thing as the past few days. I think for the time being I might fat fast on the weekends and stick to the Paleo cookbook during the week. I'm also planning on going back to the snack thing, but cutting back on how much I eat at my regular meals. It jacks me up a little bit when I don't do the in between stuff. There's some mixed ideas out there about this because of the hypothyroidism but I think I'll go with what my body has been trying to tell me.

Here's the list of what I had last night: My friend Juanita's corn bread (not a box mix I think), some sausage from the sausage and bean stuff she made, sausage meat balls, DOLMAS!!!!!!!! a piece of chocolate brittle, that chocolate mint thing, some german chocolate candy that Juanita loves, some hawaiin potato chips, some Who Dat Chips and Voodoo chips, some marzipan, some Woodchuck Hard Cider (2 bottles) and a few sips of champagne.

I go back to work tomorrow.... I'm still not ready for that but I need to. The aircraft won't build themselves. Hopefully they won't need anyone to work this weekend because I still need this weekend off. Then it's back to working some occasional overtime and getting ready for our next trip. We're planning on going to see Gabi's paternal grandparents and some more of that side of her family.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you're in the mindset to recognize what works for you and what doesn't. Welcome to the new year and an opportunity to make well for yourself!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

I am on a mindset to recognize things I've been going over the beginning of my blog to see what was working and what wasn't. Woah talk about some drama in a few spots! Oh well it happens in life. I needed to go back over some of that stuff to get a schedule for the 10 Minute Trainer stuff since I accidently through the little calender out that came with it. I'm still trying to figure out what to do about weigh ins. I can never quite find that comfort zone of what's just right, but I'm sure I'll figure out something.

I didn't really eat too much yesterday until it was dinner time and I decided to eat something regular. I went with the Stuffed Peppers recipe in Pratical Paleo. Hmmmmm mmmm mmm is that good stuff! I need to remember to buy some bacon for tonights recipe.

Yesterday:
    B: 6 pieces bacon
    L: Pork Rinds and something else from the fat fast list, I just can't remember what it was.
    D: Stuffed pepper (1/2 bell pepper is a serving so I had that and some leftover of the meat mixture used to stuff the pepper with).
    Drinks: Water and Kombucha

Workout: Cardio

ecks is offline Senior Member
    I'm spending january without any weigh in. I did a no weigh april last year and it made things feel real and not like a constant stressor/science experiment. I do however have to do a weigh in tomorrow because I have an assessment at the gym but I'm probably just going to ask them to not tell me the number.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Sometime ago I had thought about doing a no weigh in month. I'll have to give more thought to this.

I think I might just take my truck down to Palo Duro Canyon this weekend and see how it does coming back up the sharp incline. I might be okay if I don't get stuck behind any super slow drivers. I have really wanted to take Roxy out there for a hike. They have a new trail open that I want to check out. I've been a little bit off since I haven't trail hiked lately.

I had a very busy day at work yesterday! Phew, glad that's over but today isn't slowing down too much either. My coworker isn't here this week because his wife had surgurey which leaves me to do more than what I normally do. It also means more walking

I've been trying to use the free time that I have to walk a little more since Gabi's been staying over at her friends house the past few nights. I'm also trying to rearrange my morning workout stuff so that I take the dog out first. I think I like this idea because I get to stretch my legs a little bit and sort of wake up more before exercising. I think I mananged to find about 4 weeks worth of a schedule after reading through this blog. I'm not on a schedule this week because I wanted to start one on Monday. That means this week has been a free for all Between morning exercise and walks I think I'm getting my energy back in line. I also think that not having caffeinated bullet proof coffee anymore is a good idea.

Yesterday:
    B: 6 pcs liverwurst
    L: 1 leftover Italian stuffed bell pepper
    S: Sour Cream and 3/4's Kind Vanilla Almond bar (note: I don't think I'm going to be eating these too much anymore as it seems like the fat fast has lowered my inkling for sugar)
    D: Bacon Wrapped chicken and about 3 extra pieces of bacon that Gabi didn't want. Ok, the recipe in Practical Paleo for this is freaking awesome, even though it's got a slight kick to it
    Drinks: Water and Kombucha. The kombucha has really been helping my belly out big time.
    Exercise: 10 min Trainer Lower Body. Morning dog walk, still haven't measured the length. Afternoon dog walk that was about 1.5 miles.

Gabi has Civil Air Patrol tonight and we might be taking one of her friends with her. I've kind of deicded that I'm ok with it because at first I wasn't sure that having some of her friends join with her would be wise. However, I think maybe a little friendly competition might be just what she needs to get her motivated. I think tonight I"ll chill at the nearest Starbucks with a new book and enjoy some down time.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Another extremely busy day at work yesterday! Man, I'm so glad that I'm not working this weekend so that I can enjoy some down time. My book club has our first meeting of the year on Sunday. This time we've opted to have everyone bring in four books that they think people might like along with a description. I've already got one in mind for our group.

I got to talk to a person in my life that I don't get to chat with often. His birthday was yesterday and right before I went to call him we received some gifts in the mail from he and his family! I was so happy to talk to him and see how he's been since the last time we saw them That really turned an exhausting day into a memorable one.

I didn't get the chance to take Roxy out for a second walk yesterday because they girls and I were so busy from the time I picked them up to the time I took them to Civil Air Patrol. We finally got a set of Class A's for her, now we just need to get the shoes.

Oh yeah, today Gabi and her friend went paint balling with some of the boys from her squadron. I just got a message from her saying that she got hit a lot. I told her she's probably going to need something for that later. It started snowing on them, lol. She justs wants some soup and to chill and watch movies now. Lol. Good stuff, builds character.

Yesterday:
    B: Bacon and Egg salad (using baconnaise)
    L: Last two of the Italian stuffed peppers
    S: 4 total turkey jerky sticks and about 2.5 servings of garlic roasted almonds
    D: Spaghettie squash bolognese
    Drinks: Water and kombucha
    Exercise: 10 Min trainer Abs and Morning Dog walk.

Page 51 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast