Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 5

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I had a pretty darn good day yesterday. The preteens slept in, so I was able to get most of the house cleaning done before they woke and wanted breakfast. I skipped out on breakfast because I wasn't all that hungry, but I made sure they ate. I bought some of the Pamela's Gluten-Free pancake mix. Man, there's so much stuff out there that's gluten-free that still has soy in it. WHY! Anyway, the girls actually liked the pancakes. When I told them the pancakes were ready, Gabi though she heard me say that the bacon was ready. She was slightly disappointed, but that didn't last for long since I cooked a couple slices each for them. Man, that kid has to be growing like a weed or something, she went through the pancakes, the bacon, and a bowl of whatever Kashi cereal she has (It's hard to get her off that one).

I made the cheesecake yesterday, an amaretto one. I'd post the recipe, but I don't know if I can make a Primal cheesecake. This might be one thing I can't compromise on. I used cottage cheese (16oz), cream cheese, agave nectar, vanilla, amaretto, cornstarch (that part I'd really like to substitute out), and a dash of sea salt for the filling. The crust was made of gluten-free vanilla graham crackers, coconut oil, and ground almond slivers. The only thing, and I was so mad when I realized I did this, that I forgot was to grease the edges. I thought I had left it in there long enough, but the very center of it was just a tad runny. Ugh, I wasn't happy about that either. I did, however, manage to not eat any of the batter while I was putting everything together. Yes, it was extremely tempting, but I wanted to IF for as long as I could. After letting it cool off with the oven door open, I went to put it in the fridge and noticed I had some squeeze out on the bottom. That time, I didn't hold back. The good news, the batter was okay.

I really didn't eat much until dinner later on that evening. Someone came over and cooked for me!

S: 1/16 slice of my amaretto cheesecake
    L: (around 4 pmish) One leftover kabob
    D: Orange Roughy fish (the rub was made with orange zest, coconut nectar sugar, sea salt, and pepper), SO GOOD! Steamed broccoli and cheese (I think next time I'll check that ingredient list) and salad using my homemade dressing
    Dessert: 1/16 more slice of earlier cheesecake

Drinks: Mostly water, but I did have a few shots of some amaretto later on in the evening. Oh yeah, one chai vanilla latte (I think that's what it was), with either creamer or milk.

Workout: Cardio, Yoga Flex, and Total Body of 10 Min Trainer

So, I didn't really make the best choices, again, yesterday. This isn't good. I see that I'm backsliding again. So, today, I'm going to hold off and IF for as long as I can, until dinner with mom. Well, since I'm posting this in the morning, I'll wish everyone reading this a great day
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    HI Alessandra
    Just wanted to pop in and say hi.. I think your cheesecake sounds great except I do use agave nectar. I would substute real maple and some pure stevia. I make my crusts lately using macadamia, hazel and pecans. Triple nut crust! Yum a little butter and press it in the pan

Have you tried the pancake alternatives from crem cheese or white rice flour? They are so easy and my grandbabies and kids love them?

cream cheese Pancakes:
    4oz softened cream cheese
    2-3 eggs
    vanilla for flavor
    pure stevia for sweetner
    hot griddle or pan
    fry each side until golden

Rice pancakes
    1 C rice flour
    1 T butter
    vanilla for flour
    1 tsp BP
    1/2 c purified water (add more if needed for consistancy)

just a couple of ideas
    I make a double batch when I make the rice ones and freeze a bunch for the little kids. They thaw out and work awesome.

Hey, thanks for stopping by with the recipes! Gabi really liked the Pamela's mixture, but I'll have to try that soon

Today, I SO didn't want to get up after staying up late. Managed to get to the church's youth group cafe, but I was like 20 minutes late! It was slammed this morning, but after not eating, I was in super hyper focus mode. That's one part of IF'ing I like, the hyper focus mode. I didn't think I could be that focused, EVER, in my life. SQUIRREL!!!! Sorry, got off track there. After picking my kid up from the other church she went to, we had lunch. I really wanted to try to hold off on lunch and wait for dinner at mom's house but I couldn't fight off the hunger this time.

My kid slept for like 3 or 4 hours when we got home, so I did the grocery shopping on my own. That meant I spent quality time in the produce area. She usually takes care of that end of the shopping while I go get meats and whatever else we need. I did finally go for the hike today, but I had to go by myself cause the kid was still sleeping.

L: Smoked Turkey, 2 slices bacon, about 1/3 cup baby spinach, two slices of tomatoes, 3 strawberries (I did dip one of them into the Jason's Deli yogurt sauce before I stopped myself and realized what I was doing)
    S: 2 cups leftover warmed up steamed broccoli, 1 tsp goat's milk butter, some goats milk cheese. About a handful of leftover chips from Gabi's lunch
    D: About a cup, maybe a little more, of Spinach/Artichoke gluten-free pasta cooked with baby spinach, feta cheese, tomatoes, and something else that I forgot. Atlantic Cod. Mom cooked dinner tonight because she cooks family dinner every Sunday I had 1/4 slice of the cheesecake, but Mom happily took the rest. She said it was good, all is right with the world. Last night's date said it was good too though.
    Took Gabi to Frazzleberries because she begged me to earlier in the week. I had the little sample size cup things of the Tart flavvor and some other gluten-free option they had, plus one teaspoon of some mango thing she picked out. Yes, I realize that just because it's gluten-free when it comes to fro yo, that doesn't give me license to eat all of it. Tempting, but I think I did good considering that tart flavor was pretty tastey.

Workout: Hiking for about 40 minutes, that includes getting some pictures. 10 minutes of hoola hooping after we got home from Frazzle's.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Last edited by Alessandra; 03-25-2012 at 07:20 PM.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Texas looks more like Africa than I imagined. Hah! Maybe I'm just crazy!

Looks like your day food wise was much more on track today! Hope all is well!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

It is well, thank you! Oh, the high plains of Texas certainly do look alot like the plains of Africa. This is just my observation. I almost missed the beetle on my rush to get home! Little fella was just waltzing along. I think it was trying to approach me while I was taking it's picture. I REALLY wanted to go barefoot today, but something in my head kept telling me not to do that today. Good thing because there were quite a few of those larger ant hills and some smaller ones on that trail. I was hoping to see a horned lizard today, but no luck. Someone caught a picture of one earlier today and posted it on the Wildcat Bluff page.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    OOO!!! you should just pack some shoes in your backpack and go barefoot! I had my first barefoot outing of the season last week and it was so nice!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

I usually go barefoot at Wildcat Bluff. The next time I head to Palo Duro Canyon for a hike, I probably will.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast