Page 4 of 97 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 4

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    You, sir, are absolutely correct about that. Shaking my head at myself for this right now. Although, I don't mind having people to lean on when it comes to Primal.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    I don't mind leaning on people here either. (Heck! Without having to come to the MDA Forums I would have never started chatting with someone as awesome as you!) But honestly I would have rather learned properly from the start instead of having to make up for it now.

There's nothing wrong with treating your daughter at all though, don't get me wrong or anything. Just think of healthier options that you can share together. Or take the other route and help her learn that foods like cake are OK as an occasional indulgence but that there are healthier options. Eventually she'll learn to make wise food decisions for the majority of the time and still have the freedom to enjoy the occasional "bad" food once in a while without the guilt.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Well, I ended up letting her take the junk food to school. I have no idea how much of it she ate or what her friends ate.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Wouldn't have expected anything less. Once a child is promised something you've gotta see it through. Hope she enjoyed it!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

She did, but right now she's mad that there isn't anything left of the steamed artichoke! She said "Mom, there's no more leaves left "

Oh my goodness what a freaking cluster f at work today. I swear we went backwards again today! Oh well, it happens in this job. Got up and did my 10 Min Trainer today, Lower and Total body. This evening, the kid and I had some fun hoola hooping for about 30 minutes. I'm pretty glad I did that because Gabi needed to burn off some energy. WOW was she hyper tonight. She's come up with a new dance, the Cactus Dance. Perhaps your kids have done this one? She's a trip, I love it. I enjoy a good laugh and there never seems to be a shortage of them with her.

B: 2 pieces of bacon, about 2 cups spinach cooked in the bacon grease. Seasoned with salt and goat cheese
    S: 2 handfuls of blueberries, 1 oz macadamia nuts, 3 pcs 85% lindt
    L: Bacon cheeseburger and maybe a few carrots. I was too busy talking and listening to my lunch mate to eat that much.
    S: 1 pc 85% Lindt
    D: ARTICHOKE! Steamed up 2 of them. Cooked some pork bacon sausage too (had a little kick to it!). I did steam up some broccoli, but that turned out to be leftovers. By the time I was done with my artichoke and sausage, I was full. Did I mention I may have had too much garlic tonight? I don't know if that's even possible, but it could be. I did purchase some goat's milk butter and clarify it for dipping my artichoke leaves. Soooooooooo good!
    Drinks: Water, 1 cup Coconut Milk, and some Sweet Pea Apple Wine tonight. The sunset was just beautiful tonight, so I thought some wine with it would be nice.

I just have to say that even though my daughter is fighting eating the Primal way, she's embracing the fun activities aspect of it. Tonight, she staged a one person Facebook intervention. Her idea was this: 1, we HAVE to make sure to go for a walk when getting home. If the computer is off when we get home, it stays off, WALK FIRST! 2, if I get Facebook time, she gets TV time (that's completely fair). 3, She will come out of her room after bed time to turn on the TV if she thinks I'm on FB. It's a deal, but she wanted me to put it up to a vote first. I love the way democracy works in our house, lol. I had a fun night with Gabi, but now it's time to get to bed. G'night all!

You 2 are cute. And I love how close you are with your daughter. Your relationship sounds more like an agreement between freidns then a dictatorship of a parent. Lucky girl to have a mom like you.

Hopefully work will be better for you tomorrow!

Thanks We have our moments.

Fun, yet crazy day today. Work was another crazy day today.

B: 3 slices bacon, brisket, sauteed onions and peppers
    S: Mixed berries, about 1 cup, 2tsps each chopped walnuts and pecans
    L: Half a BAS and no meat. I wasn't feeling it at lunch. Used the homemade salad dressing
    S: Two gluten-free vanilla graham cookies (taste testing them to use in a cheesecake recipe tomorrow) Some Tia's ranch chips, One small bag of Terra mixed root chips
    D: One kabob (I got full after that one) consisting of 3 pieces of kabob meat, some onions and two potato cubes
    S: Oh, yeap, popcorn

Drinks: water and coconut milk.

So, as you can see, I sort of went overboard with the not so great snacks. We went to see Hunger Games tonight, which was awesome. I did get in one 10 Minute Trainer, Yoga Flex. Have I mentioned how much I love Yoga Flex days? They are so relaxing! Tomorrow, I'm making an amaretto cheesecake. The last few times I've made a cheesecake, I've replaced the regular sugar with agave nectar. It's still pretty good stuff, plus I don't make a huge cake. Not the size you see in Cheesecake Factory , at least. Well, that's it for tonight. Shorter post because I am tired and I get to sleep in tomorrow!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'll post more later, but I did a full pull up today! SCORE! And now I shall go rest since I've been up all night.

Page 4 of 97 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast