Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 3

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    SCORE! I managed to run my kid down with some sprint training tonight, bwahahahaha! She claimed a nap attack in the middle of it. We set up four cones tonight and hula hoops at either end. We ran from the 1st cone to the 2nd and back, then to the 3rd one and back, then to the 4th one. When we got to the end, we had to hula hoop while waiting for the other person to finish. So, that's how the first set of 2 each went. Then the second set, on the way back to the first cone, we skipped. The third set we grapevined back. I did the fourth set on my own since Gabi was run down and ran backwards going back to the first cone. Good times!

B: 1 piece of bacon
    S: 6 strawberries, about 2 oz almonds, about 1 oz of macadamia nuts
    L: Leftover 3 slices of corned beef, about 2 cups of cabbage, about 1/2 cup roasted potatoes, and some carrots in there somewhere.
    S: 4 pieces Lindt 85% dark chocolate
    D: One lamb burger (with minced garlic, minced shallots, some goat cheese in the mix, a splash of Sweet Pea Apple Wine, Olive oil, rosemary, and kosher salt), spaghetti squash (mixed with organic valley European style butter, garlic powder, and sea salt), Salad (radish, red cabbage, red leaf lettuce, grape tomatoes, and cucumbers) with homemade salad dressing (minced garlic, sea salt, herbs de provence, white wine vinegar, water, and olive oil) Phew! That's a lot of ingredients to list!

When I finally decided to get up this morning, I managed to get in 2 10 Minute Trainer Workouts: Total Body, and Cardio. That's my wake up call in the mornings! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, that's how I usually feel after those. Except I was almost late getting out the door and I didn't get to read my comics before I left

Today wasn't that busy at work for me, so not eating a huge breakfast worked out rather nicely, until lunch rolled around. Slight headache, but I'm trying not to eat too much in the mornings if I'm not too hungry. By the time showed up, I was ready to fight someone for the microwave if they got in my way. Thankfully, that didn't happen. I finally succumbed to taking something for the headache when I got home. It was more of an annoyance than anything else.

Gabi and I went for a little walk around the apt complex before I got dinner started, which was nice. Then I took over the kitchen and got dinner going. She ate more of the salad than the spaghetti squash! Oh well, that's more for me at lunch time tomorrow

I think I'll be sleeping good tonight. I finished my book from yesterday, so I shouldn't be trying to peel myself away from it. I'm out for the night. I hope you all have a great evening!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    I love that you are getting your daughter involved in your workouts. A lot of parents don't teach their children enough about nutrition and exercise. Even better you're leading by example! Not only are you teaching her but you're doing it as well! You are exactly the mom that this world needs! Keep it up!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Hey, thanks man. Unfortunately, sometimes I cave too much with the sugar and bread. I have, however, realized that I can only do so much. I think she likes hanging out with me and doing this stuff because it keeps her from getting bored. Plus, she can talk my ear off about her day
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

OH NO! I caved to two brownies today! Darn those safety standowns where they reward us with junk food. I must resist next time!

Today was a pretty lax day as far as morning workouts go and I'm cool with it. Yoga Flex can be a wonderful thing the day after Cardio, Total Body, and Sprint training. I think I may have gotten too lax with my food too!

B: 2 pieces bacon
    S: 2 handfuls of blueberries, 1 oz macadamia nuts, 2 pieces Lindt 85%
    L: Leftovers, 1 lamb burger, about 1/2 cup spaghetti squash, leftover salad too with one small avacado
    S: 2 more pieces of Lindt 85% and about 1 1/2 cups spaghetti squash
    D: Bunch of spinach cooked in bacon fat, seasoned with kosher salt and some goat cheese with a side of yellow squash.
    Unnecessary snack at work: 2 CW brownies.
    S at small group: Broccoli, about 1/2 cup, and baby cut carrots, about 1 cup with veggie dipping sauce.

Oh, the 2 brownies, my downfall today! The thing is, the first time I ate one, I remembered how much I don't like those kind of brownies. They are too sweet and they don't taste like the ones I used to make, which were more cake like and made with buttermilk. Then, the second one was just sitting there calling my name. I should have said no, but I caved. I almost got heartburn or something like it from eating them. I'm not doing that again. I could have done without the dipping sauce tonight. I fell by the wayside, but it'll be okay. Goodnight all and have a wonderful evening!

Don't punish yourself over the brownies. Remember that it's a primal thing to give into your cravings... Even if you didn't like it. In no way was that "breaking your diet". Think of it as feeding your cravings and just recognize if you start doing it too often. Without those 2 brownies tonight you may have set up yourself for much worse later on.

Besides! The rest of your food is outstanding! And you really embraced the "fat is our friend" mantra. I think you're the only one besides myself around my end of the boards that is more than happy using bacon fat to cook. The stuff is brilliant!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Spinach cooked in bacon fat is good stuff, especially with some goat cheese. My mom makes these spinach patties, which are sort of like a quiche, and they are rather addicting. I need to get her original recipe and tweak it so I can make them gluten-free.

Did you get the recipe?

HEY, I actually got up close to the time I needed to this morning! That's mostly because I went to sleep a little bit earlier. So, I managed my two 10 Min Trainers for the day, Cardio and Abs.

B:1 piece of bacon, cooked up some spinach in the leftover fat, seasoned with salt and goat cheese
    S: 5 strawberries and 1 oz macadamia nuts with 3 squares 85% Lindt
    L: Pork chop seasoned with garlic, salt, and pepper. Salad with red leaf lettuce, baby cut carrots, grape tomatoes, and some more of my homemade salad dressing. 1 regular size avacado
    S: a bite off of one of Gabi's expresso cookie things from Natural Grocers. No, not gluten free. Neither were the two slices of cake I had later to celebrate a friends birthday! Yikes! 2 tbsp's of almond butter and one more square of 85% Lindt
    D: Lemony Scallop Piccatta with broiled Asparagus cooked in Almond oil and seasoned with garlic and salt.

Drinks: Mostly water, except for about 1 cup Coconut milk. I realized I haven't added that to the past few days and I've been drinking it each day.

So, yes, I had cake. AHHH! We bought the cake for my small group leader's birthday. She's a pretty awesome lady from whom I've learned alot of things about. You'd think I'd know better to not buy cake, but she's not on Primal, so I'm not going to hold it against her. I did, however, ask my daughter to frost the cakes so I wouldn't be too tempted to eat a whole bunch of icing. I did taste test the whipped strawberry frosting, about 2 tsps worth. For some reason I couldn't really fight off the hunger when I got home today. I've been working on that, but I decided to give in today. I ended up bringing home leftover cake, but I told my kid she could take it to school tomorrow. That was after she asked me first.

My night didn't end how it was supposed to, so I'm a little bummed about that. However, I do know that sometimes life and people happen and there's nothing I can do about that. G'night all!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    M'dear... pawning off the cake on your daughter isn't going to help her. You've gotta remember that as her only full time parent she looks up to you for advice. Not only is pawning the cake off on her feeding her unhealthy food but I'm thinking it could also teach her to deal with her problems by making them someone else's problem. I only comment because I see my sister amanda doing it all of the time with her daughter. They are very much in the same situation you are. And just the same whenever amanda can't eat something or feels it is out of her diet she tells lillianna that she can have as much as she'd like. It worries because my sister gives my nieces father shit for feeding her poorly (though he himself has gained over 40 lbs in just over a year) so my niece looks to my sister for nutritional guidance and that's what comes out.

All I'm saying is that it's almost better to just throw it out and put both of you on a healthy path than try to pass it off to your daughter who is growing and learning how to feed herself. It may feel like a waste but it'll save her from having to post on a forum and lean on others down the road like we are now.

As a back story as well this is coming from a guy who hit 100lbs by the time I was 6 years old- I really do wish my parents had the courage to throw out the garbage from our house. To this day they still believe that the best way to build a relationship with me is to feed me...

Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast