Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 2

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Okay, two more, last one! At least for tonight. I love having fun with Trunk or Treat at my church, so in 2010, I was Amelia Earhart after her plane crashed. The second pretty much shows what my daughter and I are like, always goofing off and having a good time. That picture is about 3 years old.

Trunk or Treat 2010.jpg
    goofing off with my kid.jpg
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Nice Photos
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Thanks, we have fun when we can. Woke up a little hungry this morning, but the belly is still recovering. I think I'll keep it to a minimum again today. I'm planning on hitting up the movie theater with my daughter this afternoon, but no popcorn! That stuff will just make it worse. Might have to sneak in something in my hippie bag. It's about time to get the Saturday cleaning done anyway. Our dishwasher is retaining water, so all dishes need to be done by hand. The upside is, it'll keep me busy and sort of be my wakeup call this morning
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

What a blast tonight! I went out bowling with my Tuesday night small group and another small group. Galaxy bowl started right in the middle of our 2 round and caught me off guard, but I still managed a strike! Score! However, we may have to change our name to The One Pin Bandits. Most of the night, we all seemed to leave at least one pin behind. I think it was something with the lanes, but who knows. For most of the day, I did really good with eating, but I bowled on an empty stomach which left me hyper yet focused.

B: 2 strips of bacon
    L: Half a corned beef sandwich from Jason's Deli, no bread. Probably about less than an ounce of whatever chips they serve and 4 big strawberries
    D: (which was at like almost 10 at night) OH NO! Not the bread rolls! I went for one, but they had two stuck together when I pulled them out of the basket. I couldn't turn them back in cause we were all hyper and they were encouraging and I was so hungry. Note to self, bowling on an empty stomach late at night is a bad idea. One stuffed mushroom, Chicken Carciofi without the linguini, and water. I wanted the Italian Cream Cake, but I passed on that one.

This weekend has been nothing but cave time for me. I love when that happens! I started reading the book that my bookclub has taken up for this month. Page turner like crazy. I had to step away from it just to get ready to go out tonight. Anyway, Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone! G'night to all

Twas a good Sunday morning, once I finally decided to get up. I had to remind myself that I work in the youth group cafe at church so I wouldn't try to sleep in. Unfortunately, I still showed up late because I wanted to make sure I worked out this morning. Bad Alessandra, I can't do that anymore. I'm starting my second 4 weeks of 10 Minute Trainer this morning. I was all over the idea of getting all three recommended workouts done this morning without really thinking about being late. Thankfully, we weren't busy this morning, but I need to try not to do that again.

I skipped out on breakfast this morning in an attempt to IF after last night's late night meal, but also to train my body to not be so hungry in the mornings when I do eat that late. That's very rare for me to eat past 8:30 or really even 7. So, it worked for the most part. I made it till about 2 this afternoon before we ate lunch. Does anyone have any idea what BW's uses to cook their burgers or what's even in them. Yes, even as I type that sentence I realize that if I have to ask, it's not a good thing. The kid and I did our grocery shopping afterwards. We usually split this duty up, mostly so I can flirt with the butcher, but because I'm also trying to teach her how to shop for produce and get used to doing that shopping for she's on her own later on in life. She does pretty good with it and she helps me put the list together. It saves us time, as well.

By the time I dropped her off at her Sunday evening youth group, we'd been out almost all afternoon. After I dropped her off and before I went to Mom's house for Sunday evening dinner with her, I purchased a few wave hoolla hoops. Oh, I like these things already! So much fun. Dinner with Mom is always good because we get to catch up each other's weeks. She's trying to go gluten-free, slowly but surely. I'm trying to encourage her along, but I reminded her it's going to take sometime for her to really get into it. I really hope this helps some of her health problems. I want my mom around for a really long time!

No breakfast, just communion with a little tablet of a wafer and some grape juice
    Lunch: BW's cheeseburger with bacon and cheddar cheese, no bun. BUT, I did have chips and salsa. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
    Dinner: MORE corned beef, but Mom cooked it up, so it's all good. Cabbage, some carrots, and potatoes. Yum. I knew that would be dinner before I even got to her house. She doesn't let down around St. Patrick's Day 2 gluten-free Bacon Chocolate Chip cookies. Yes, they are as good as they sound.

Workout: 10 Minute Trainer's Cardio, Lower Body, and Abs.

Ecks! I was wondering if you could give me more information on the car pull thing. That might work better with me trying it on my Mom's car first. What do I need, tie down wise, and where do I tie down to?

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Hey! I've been tieing a towing strap to the front engine mount just under the hood. that's been working quite well! I found that the workout is easier if someone is steering. I tried without a driver a few times and found that I couldn't hit the level of intensity that I wanted because I would constantly have to stop and straighten out the car. Besides a driver means that you've got some extra weight ot pull around. I don't let my driver break for any reason and I find that if I get too much speed with my car that it's fun and more challenging on many levels to turn around and try stop the car (hands on the hood and jump back with both feet to slow the car down safely) this also means that I have to work that much more to get the car going again from stop. Once I hit the end of the lane I push the car backwards until it's reached it's starting point. Oh! and the engine has to be on with the car in neutral for the driver to take advantage of the power steering.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Right on. All I have are small ratchet straps, so maybe this weekend I'll get some tow straps. I'll probably have to ask Mom to steer. I think using a 12 year old to steer could get me into trouble, lol. Thanks!

ecks is offline Senior Member
    :P Comon it could be fun for her! What's the worst that could happen?? (Famous last words!)
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

That's funny, mostly because I've taught her to walk away from situations where that phrase and some others are overheard. Like, "Hey ya'll, watch this!"

Ah man! I asked the apt people to come fix my dishwasher, which they did. Only, I was really hoping they would just give me a new one. I think the one I have might almost be as old as I am.

Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast