Page 12 of 97 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 12

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for asking, longing2befit! Gabi's doing good today as she spent the night at the downstairs neighbor's place while I went out with man for the night.

Skipped breakfast yesterday because I wasn't sure what man was cooking for dinner last night. Then, at a Mary Kay facial party, I caved to a HUGE arse sugar cookie with some sweet iced tea, raspberry at that. Oh, I had fun gettin' all girlied up, but I think my daughter had a better time than I did! After the girls were done, they raided their friends closet for dress up clothes (yes, Gabi's 12) and strutted their stuff around the house. I'll have to find a way to post a picture, but I couldn't help but to get one of her having a good time.

So, man cooked the salmon last night and I made the salad. The only draw back was it was a store bought dressing and sugar was like the second ingredient. I can't knock him for it though because at least he tried. I was out of dressing at home and olive oil too. Surprisingly enough, that didn't hurt my weight goal one bit, nor did the three bottles of Woodchuck Hard Cider. Mental note to self: Do not drink two bottles of hard cider on a semi-empty stomach. This will induce the buzz at a quicker rate!

S: Big arse sugar cookie with frosting. Oh yeah, I went all out. But, it looked like a flower, so it could have easily been a veggie, right? NOT!
    D: Salad and grilled salmon with Raspberry Vinegrette

Drinks: Water, Raspberry Iced Tea (yes, sweetened. I live in the south!), and 3 bottles of Woodchuck Hard Cider

Exercise: 10 Min Trainer Total Body

I think I need to update my signature!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Until you mentioned your signature I hadn't looked at it before. 12LBS to goal weight is awesomeness! Just remember that goal weight doesn't mean quittin time. Your body will stop losing weight when it's good and healthy. Just making sure you're eatin good and healthy and you'll do well!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Well, I missed eating healthy by a long shot today! This could have been prevented with better planning on my behalf. Like, maybe getting up on time and cooking up some bacon. While my lunch was mostly primal, snacks today were not.

S: Macadamia nuts, about 2 oz
    L: Calico County burger with bacon, 3 slices of bacon, a few slices of tomato, a little bit of coleslaw, and I sneaked in a few home fries from the kids plates
    S: I think about 4 cookies of variety, about a half cup of gardetto's mix, and 2 Kind and Nut bars at starbucks.
    Drinks: Mostly water, but I did enjoy a Tall of Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha with whipped cream. Yeap, there just went my carb intake for the day. I'm pretty certain I went above the 100 for the day.

No workout today because I was just so tired from staying up late last night. I had to be at church a little earlier today. Then I went and had some fellowship time with my Sunday morning group at lunch. That burger was delicious! I love what they had on the menu next to the burgers "If you're going low carb, order your burger without a bun!" Freaking genius. Calico County earned a little respect from me

Tonight, we had Single In The City at my church's other campus. We have this about once a month, so I know that it can be difficult with the food options. I LOVE going to this service because they really speak to the singles and it's nice to get together with other groups. So, anyway, usually they have some primal friendly fare, but they sort of opted out of that this time. It was cookies and gardetto's mix. At least we had water! We also had a photo booth to take some goofy pictures in. FUN! Great times tonight and we ended it at Starbucks with my Tues night group. Yeap, I caved. I know I messed up with my food options today, but I'm not going to completely beat myself up with it. Next time, I will eat a leftover burger before going so that I don't rely on what's there.

Well, goodnight all!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

I woke up determined to stay focused at work today and actually made it all the way till the last hour before getting distracted! Thank God for that today. We had the hangar doors open today, so it was a pleasant day at work. Now, if only those rain clouds would have just completely relieved themselves on our town!

Do you ever just get a moment where you think you might need to walk away from something, but you aren't quite sure? I think I'm having that right now. Usually, I'm very clear minded in this area of my life. Stay or walk away. I think I need to just get to the heart of the matter here and make the wise choice. In the mean time, I'll just keep carrying on as usual.

B: 4 slices bacon, mixed sauteed veggies
    S: 1 oz macadamia nuts and some mixed berries
    L: 3 leftover cheesy burgers and salad
    S: 3 pieces of Edes Meats Jerky
    D: Lemony Scallop Piccata with spaghetti sqaush
    Dessert: Coconut Bliss Chocolate Macadamia Nut and one freaking slice of chocolate orange (bad idea)

Drinks: Water

Workout: 10 minute trainer Cardio

Made man some creamy turmeric tea to hopefully help his sore throat. Made a few bags of the mix for him to take home and brew on his own. We'll see what happens. The tea works great for my throat whenever something tries to creep up on me.

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Hey there~hope your day is going better when you see this.. Not sure what you are thinking of walking away from but it better not be us!!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Heehee. Reading Longing's comment, my first thought was: it's hard to walk away from something that can follow you around, saying(posting) 'Hey, Alessandra, where are you? Why haven't you posted? What's up?' Sorry. Couldn't help it. I know I've pestered a few people when they haven't posted in a while. I need my fix, darn it!

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Hey! Hope you are well and I'm hoping that difficult decisions become easier for you. I'll be praying for you today.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Awe, thanks you guys I did decide to walk away, but not from you guys! For the time being, it's best for both people. Ugh, I just hate making choices that I don't want to make, but need to. Headsmack! I just finished off the Coconut Bliss ice cream without even thinking about it! I was sort of hungry, but I didn't I was that hungry!

Judg is offline Senior Member
    Creamy turmeric tea? Sounds interesting. Is this something I'm supposed to already know (I'm still reading The Primal Blueprint) or is it one of your home remedies? If it is, could you post the recipe?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Mark posted this on the blog a few months back: Creamy Turmeric Tea | Mark's Daily Apple

Quote Originally Posted by Judg View Post
    Creamy turmeric tea? Sounds interesting. Is this something I'm supposed to already know (I'm still reading The Primal Blueprint) or is it one of your home remedies? If it is, could you post the recipe?

Page 12 of 97 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast