Page 10 of 96 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal, Alessandra page 10

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Before I post about today, I thought I might share a new recipe I tried tonight. I don't know if anyone else has done this one, I just kind of threw it together. Cook at your own risk Oh yeah, I have no real measurements here, mostly just pinches. If you have any suggestions to make it better, please share!

1 pork tenderloin flattened to roll and fill

I cut the tenderloin into sections (I'm new to this, so I could use some better ideas). Next, salted and peppered each section. Cut open a lime and squeezed the juice over each one. Added roughly a pinch each of ground cumin (used my coffee grinder because I don't actually use it for coffee), paprika, mild cayenne, and dried oregano. Topped each with minced garlic and shallots, then put a thin slice of Applegate Farms Sunday bacon on top.

While that was getting put together, I had the pan warming up on low. I used bacon grease to cook the meat. I cooked each one till there was no longer any pink, leaving them a bit crispy on the outside. The funny thing was, I forgot where I put my tooth picks, so I just put the rolls on the pan with the folded over side down. That worked great for like one of them, lol. Finally, I remembered that my tooth picks were in the arts and crafts tub! I did manage to rescue most of the rolls They came out ok, but I think next time I may need to butter the outside just a little before serving.

I roasted some asparagus to go with dinner. I just love asparagus! Put the oven on at 350. Tossed the asparagus in a bowl with some EVOO. Placed them on a thing cookie sheet over top of some parchment paper. Added a few pinches each of garlic powder, salt, pepper, and some herbs de provence. Cut open an lemon and doused the asparagus. Let that cook in the oven while I was getting the meat prepared and cooked. So, probably about 30 minutes they were done. Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside. YUM!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    I've flattened and rolled chicken but never tenderloin... sounds good! I have split tenderloin down the middle lengthwise before and used that almost like a boat to hold onion and garlic (then bake) but I think your recipe sounds awesome! Needs pictures!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Oh, I didn't take any pictures! Next time I will. It looked good while I was cooking it though

Once again, stayed up late chatting with someone last night. I have GOT to stop doing that because I was pretty unhappy this morning when I woke up. I'm not a fan of waking up like that either. I wanted to oversleep this morning, but I had to get up. I completely passed on my morning workout, but I did have some bacon. Work was much better today. We didn't get to spend as much time outdoors due to weather, but it was nice having to doors open for a while. Fresh, humid air. It's a rare thing here in the High Plains. For some reason, after work, I was extremely hungry. I didn't really bust it as much today at work like we usually do, so I shouldn't have been so hungry. I had to stop and put gas in my truck, so I grabbed a couple of snacks while there. Went with two cracker barrel sharp cheddar cheese sticks as they were the only cheese sticks that didn't have a ton of preservatives in them. Grab a 2 oz bag of pistachios and finished those off before coming home.

Since I was a bit tired when I got home, I took a nap after reading some more of my book club book: Isaac Asimov's The Caves of Steel. I think I was supposed to read that book once back in Junior High or High School because I came across a section that seemed very familiar to me.

Gabi and I went for a 2 mile stroll this evening and talked about her visions for her future. This kid, I love this age right now because she's so full of dreams. I can only wonder at how it'll all turn out, even as I help her prepare for the future.

B: 1 slice each of regular bacon and beef bacon
    S: Cup of mixed berries and 2 oz Macadamia Nuts
    L: Two hard boiled Easter eggs and a salad with a splash of the wrong kind of ranch dressing
    S: Two Cracker Barrel sharp cheddar cheese sticks, 2 oz of pistachios. Here's where I sort of went into overdrive with chocolate. Had a bite of Gabi's Lindt Milk Chocolate Easter Bunny. Probably about 5-6 85% Lindt Dark Chocolate.
    D: The above mentioned tenderloin rolls and asparagus.

Drinks: Water!

I hope all of you have a wonderful evening and thanks for reading!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Woah, yesterday was kind of crazy. Work was pretty good, but I got a call from my mom in the middle of the day saying she had to go in for a heart cath today. Right now, she's chilling on my couch and under my care for the next day. Talk about stressing an adult kid out! Eventually I managed to calm down, but not without being seriously upset with my mom that she didn't call me Sunday night to tell me she was having problems. Hello people, heart stops, you die. This isn't like her thyroid acting up or her intestines giving her a problem.

My Tuesday night small group had dinner and a movie last night. We went to Logan's Roadhouse. I managed to stay away from the bread and peanuts. We went to go see The Hunger Games, again. Had a great time with fellowship!

B: 1 slice each of regular and beef bacon. Cup of sauteed spinach cooked in bacon grease and topped with some goat milk chees
    S: Strawberries and 1 oz of macadamia nuts
    L: Leftover tenderloin rolls and asparagus. Salad with homemade dressing
    S: 4 squares of Lindt 85%
    D: Logan's Roadhouse Deluxe burger without the bun and some sweet potato fries. SO, I didn't know they put cinnamon sugar on those or I would have just asked for a baked sweet potato without marshmallows.
    S: Popcorn with oil. Yeap, I went there. Not ashamed to say it, I messed that one up. Had some sprite too while I was at it.

Drinks: Water, mostly, then some sprite at the movie theater

Workout: 10 Minute Trainer Cardio

Oh dear, Gabi brought home some jelly beans tonight. Okay, I thought I'd be good with just grabbing the licorice ones, but I ended up with about 2 servings worth of jelly beans. BURN! Kryptonite I tell you. This is a bit of a downer considering the rest of the day went better. Mom's heart cath turned up no blockage! Funny thing is, she was about to ask me to grab her a Blizzard on my way back from picking up Gabi from her Church Youth Group called Epicenter. I told her flat out no, not after I just had to take you to the cardiologist for a heart cath. So, that stress has been calmed down. Now, to just get my mom to get away from the bad stuff. It's going to be a bit of a battle right now because she's supposedly got a high potassium problem. BTW, any suggestions to help her with that would be GREATLY appreciated.

B: 2 pcs each of regular and beef bacon
    S: Slice of a tomato
    L: 2 hard boiled eggs
    D: Sauteed in bacon grease: red & green bell peppers, red & green onion, and some garlic. Cooked up two sweet german sausages (I'm not sure about the sugar content since I get these at the butcher counter)
    S: About 2 serving sizes of Jelly Beans
    Drink: Water

Workout: 10 Minute Trainer Total Body and Cardio.

Time to check in with the photo progress. My mom took these pictures, so they aren't the clearest in the world. dscn3367.jpgdscn3368.jpg

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Where's the arm pump? (I love your avatar picture.)

Lol, I love that picture too. My church does Trunk Or Treat for Halloween, which I love volunteering for This past year I was Rosie The Riveter and had my truck decked out with some old propaganda posters and tools. The year before, I did Amelia Earhart after her plane crash, so I was all bloodied up.

Oh, I just noticed my knobby knees! I think I have a picture of me as a kid with those knees too, lol. Here ya go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Alessandra; 04-12-2012 at 06:48 PM.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    :P Least you didn't need knee pads... those things are huge! hahaha

SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Page 10 of 96 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast