Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Under Penalty of Fatness page

alg2435 is offline Senior Member

Under Penalty of Fatness

Primal Fuel
    This is what I just wrote for myself:

Under Penalty of Fatness, Follow This Diet Plan
    • 0-3 cups bulletproof coffee, until meal: regular portion of meat and vegetables. Drink water if still hungry.
    • One fruit dessert weekly.
    • Always excercise before eating, unless its a rest day.
    • No obsessing. It's just food, not a god.

I've been on the primal diet since September. I think I've gained weight if anything. I have no doubts about how healthy I am on the inside, but as a young pretty college student (who used to weigh 110 lbs in high school), I know I can do better. I'm probably about 130 now, though it's been months since I've weighed myself.

I've tried regular-portioned meals 3 times a day (and actually, I think that worked for a while), 16 hours a day fasting, bulletproof coffee fasting, and 24 hr fasting. I'm pretty sure I know why I look chubby and not fit, despite my almost GAPS daily diet and daily weight-bearing exercises (I'm pretty beast at push-ups, squats, and burpees): It's that I EAT TOO MUCH. Still less than 2000 a day, but probably too much for someone of my height and activity level.

Following this plan, I hope to start seeing those ab muscles sticking out in a few weeks. When I eat my meal, it will be mostly meat, and some veggies. A regular portion, not a feast. Feasting is wasteful and doesn't give me good results, though it may feel good at the time. Some days I will eat more than one meal, but under no circumstances will I eat more than I need! The feeling of being stuffed means that I'll look stuffed. The feeling of being satisfied will make me satisfied with my fat %.

I'm a food obsessed person, and I'm thinking that eating only once a day, and eating mindfully, being thankful for what I have on my plate instead of only wanting more, will help me with that issue too.

Warnings, tips, ideas, encouragements, or stories to share with me? I would appreciate it, brothers and sisters of primal-dom!

Btw, here are some meal ideas to keep my inner creative cook happy since I'm only cooking one regular portion meal a day. I'm going to write down the foods I want to eat, to look forward to and eat the next day!
    -Cinnamon Steak (nspired by The Food Lovers' Primal Palate: Cinnamon Steak Skewers with Asparagus and Arugula Salad)
    -Oven roasted chicken (I've never made it for myself before!)
    -Cumin Smoked Pork
    -Vegetable and Egg Cupcakes
    -Ground sausage over pureed cauliflower, carrots, or squash (I tried this once with sweet potato. It was SO.GOOD.)
    -Fried ham and eggs with a delicious sauce
    -Herby meatballs

Goodness, that was long!
    Last edited by alg2435; 03-14-2012 at 05:08 PM.
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alg2435 View Post
    Following this plan, I hope to start seeing those ab muscles sticking out in a few weeks.
    Women should not have six-packs. That is a man's goal. Why do you want to look like a man? Very few men find six-packs on women attractive (send in the white knights).

I support you in your desire for better health, but not your adherence to ignorant 21st century body aesthetics. I think you are better off being healthier now at 130 pounds than you were when you were 110 pounds in college. Do you feel healthier?
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Thanks for your thoughts, Grumpy Caveman! You're right, I don't really want a six pack. I guess it would be better phrased 'eliminating the extra fat in the middle so that it may be possible to see muscles if there ever were to be some there.' I know it it takes a lot of work too look muscular, and that's not my goal. I simply want to look fit.

I don't expect to be 110 again, especially since I know that some of my gained weight is muscle (mostly fat though.) The food I eat now certainly makes me feel better than the food I ate then! I'm feeling healthy and am a happy person, but I also really want to look healthy and fit.

kkarrolle is offline Senior Member
    Is exercising before every meal a good thing? Overdoing it a little maybe? What exercise do you intend doing?
    Achieving goals takes a backbone not a wishbone

The idea of exercising before eating came from a few things I read - that you reap more results from working out fasted than non-fasted. Just something I'm going to try out, but I don't think it's horribly important.

cmpitre is offline Member
    A six pack for a women doesn't look bad. I like some definition on a woman in that area. Seeing the abs when you flex and not so much when not flexed I think is pretty sexy. That's just me.
    Colby

Pre Primal
    January 2010
    215 LBS 40 in waist

Today
    170 LBS 36 in waist
    Goal (1) Look Great Naked (and visible abs)
    Goal (2) More defined muscles and functional strength
    Goal (3) Achieving Mastery level in Convict Conditioning

*Sigh*. I wish diet choices were just black and white. Eat more fat to lose weight? Up your carbs and eat no fat for a while to lose weight? I really don't know what the right thing to do is.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    *Sigh*. I wish diet choices were just black and white. Eat more fat to lose weight? Up your carbs and eat no fat for a while to lose weight? I really don't know what the right thing to do is.
    Losing weight is an experiment of one. Try different things til you find what works for you. There is no one blueprint for every person out there. We're all different. The premise is the same - eat healthy, nutritious meals, move more and maintain portion control.

Portion control is my problem. I think you can do it. It just takes discipline and remembering your goals.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I've actually decided to eat nothing for a few days in a row (up to 3 days, I suppose), with just Bulletproof Coffee in the mornings. Honestly, I don't get that hungry anymore when I drink it in the morning, my stomach doesn't even growl anymore because I'm so used to fasting. It's not an effort for me to not eat - but when I do, I get way too involved and eat way too much. I really do love self experimentation, like Jenn suggested. It's just hard knowing with what and how long to experiment. My bulletproof coffee is made with 16 oz of organic coffee and about 1 tbs of pastured butter.
    Last edited by alg2435; 03-16-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Aliophile is offline Senior Member
    I've actually decided to eat nothing for a few days in a row (up to 3 days, I suppose), with just Bulletproof Coffee in the mornings. Honestly, I don't get that hungry anymore when I drink it in the morning, my stomach doesn't even growl anymore because I'm so used to fasting. It's not an effort for me to not eat - but when I do, I get way too involved and eat way too much.
    You don't mention how tall you are?

I just wanted to go back to your mention of your highschool weight. Is that your goal for yourself? I just want to say that it's important to remmber that most of us were still growing in high school. Our bodies were being pumped and primed with human growth hormone and our body chemistry, particularly for women, was very different in those years. I'm now 45 and have three decades of adulthood "bodies" under my belt. Three different bodies, practically. I admit I was never a healthy eater ubtil about 3years ago when I started 'eating clean'. I've only been primal less than a month.

For me I've had to learn to really love my body - that doesn't necessarily mean I'm happy about the extra fat on my thighs, but I give them a little love squeeze and then think about the next food choice I make that day and make the very best one I can for this body that I love. I'd urge you to not be too influenced by anybody else's tastes in what makes for 'an attractive' woman. Be compassionate with yourself, not too hard on yourself if your body is taking its time to get where you'd like it to be, and just make that next choice. I think your experimentation route is a sound one because it means you're giving yourself some flexibility and seeing what works best for you.

Good luck!
    || 2/28/12 || 5'6" || 144 lbs ||
    My goals: 125 lbs, 27" waist, fat-free, shapely, muscular legs
    AND to be able to do my very first pull up!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast