Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Under Penalty of Fatness page 2

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks so much, Aliophile! I know it will hurt me more in the long run to hate my body, and I generally don't! Just lose 10 pounds of fat, and tada, I'll reach my goal! I do love it most of the time.

Oh, and I'm a little less than 5'4".
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    It's been a few days... wondering how things are going. Check in with us, would ya?

I hope you're doing well and having a good day!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Thanks Jenn! What I'm working on right now is the self control to not eat more than I need! It's hard, I just get so wrapped up in the eating. About 1/2 an hour after I eat and the excitement is over, I realize that I've eaten enough (or too much). Considering a week-long bone broth fast because of my psoriasis. That will certainly be a strenuous exercise in self control! I think it will be worth it, though.

I know that there are many who do struggle with overeating, even on a primal low carb diet! I hope we can all encourage each other to do what we know is right!

I have thought about doing a bone broth cleanse before, but haven't thought about a broth fast. Is it really a fast if you're still getting nutrients?

Starting it tomorrow! No, it's not really a real fast, but it seems like that's what many people call it. 'Cleanse' would be more accurate.
    Last edited by alg2435; 04-03-2012 at 05:19 PM.
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

Just checking in. How are things?

Things are just fine! I'm on the GAPS diet, and I think lost a little weight at the beginning when I was eating (drinking) mostly broth - but I think I gained it back. I need to truly dedicate myself to fasting daily and not eating too much when I have my meal!

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Have your body fat tested so you know about where you are. You say fasting didn't work for you so Fast 5 isn't probably a good suggestion. The Atkins Fat Fast might be a way for you to lower calories to nuke out your bigger meals- it's 1,000 calories and 90% fat- basically you eat like 1 can of sardines, some vegetables and 800 calories of butter, one stick. You could add a little more protein if you want.
    Atkins Article : The Fat Fast
    AFF is very primal.

You might just cool your jets and allow yourself to eat over the summer doing the AFF here n there for damage control. Cold thermogenesis might also be something to look in to for the fall, not sure about the summer......
    Also if nothing else you should plan to walk a lot, as much as your schedule will allow- helps burn off the extra calories.

Ahhh, I think the biggest problem I have is that I stress too much about what I eat because I want to lose fat, which makes me think more about food, which makes me hungry, which makes me eat more! I somehow need to get my focus off of food, but let myself really enjoy it when I eat meals. I tried a only meat-and-fat (and kefir, bone broth, and whatever spices/herbs I wanted) diet for a few weeks, which made me feel really good - but I didn't notice any weight loss unless I fasted for 24 hrs. Besides, now I'm tired of the taste of beef and pork.

Thanks, fiercehunter! I think I'll try it! I saw your thread about the results you got while doing it, but I do want to know - did you regain any weight when you returned to the regular paleo diet? Seems like you should.
    I'll start tomorrow with a Primal Toad inspired avocado and coffee smoothie (adding an egg-yolk and coconut oil) before final exams, then hopefully stop by the health food store to pick up macadamias, grass-fed butter, and tuna! Yum. Maybe the options are limited, but it sounds quite delicious at the moment.
    Last edited by alg2435; 04-30-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I spend a lot of time concentrating on food too. But, I find I spend more time concentrating on food when I'm here reading the journals than in "the real world".

Good luck with your experiments. I hope you find something that gets the results you want.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast