Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes, you MUST eat fat! page 11

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Grizz-
    One word: Sugar.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

megalodon is offline Senior Member
    Sugar is being demonized in some circles as more harmful than smoking,so resist the ice cream et al.

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
    Turns out it was HPV that caused his throat cancer.
    I was just gonna ask if it might be associated!

Eteric is offline Member
    Quick question.

For the last two days I've made sure to eat the fats and skins on whatever meat I eat. But for some reason I get this sensation like I want to throw up. It's a very "slight" sensation.

I'm guessing it's because the skin/fat is something I used to avoid as much as possible, and my brain is like, "Ewww." But I was wondering if there was another explination?

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Eteric: Probably not. It's amazing (and sometimes sad) how brainwashed we can be, to the point that our bodies react negatively to what we're eating. But it may also be just that your body isn't used to having this much dietary fat and has to get used to it.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

BoyPrimal is offline Senior Member
    It's not yet programmed into me. I have to remind myself to reach for the half and half instead of nonfat.

Suddenly all those people at Starbucks ordering their lattes with whole milk don't strike me as gluttons anymore..... Now it's the ones who order nonfat that I raise an eyebrow at.

shelly is offline Junior Member
    OK guys,i'm a newby & i'm sorry if you have to repeat yourselves,but i'm sort of confused . I have turned to a primal lifestyle after years of yo yo dieting,read chapter 8 of the book ,worked out my micronutrients which point me in the direction of high 84grams proteins,carbs in the sweet spot at 75grams and fats at 62grams a day,calories 1195 per day. All of the journals are different ,but i notice that the fat consumed is far more than protein in alot of cases. Obviously i'm trying to lose weight,currently 172lbs at 5ft 6,primal workouts 3 times a week. Yes i do get hungry,& feel tired & sleep rest is 4hours straight tops.This is 2nd week eating primal,i do work shifts which doesn't help......any suggestions,does this sound like i'm on the rite track? Lost 4lbs ,in 1st week soooooooo, fingers crossed it carries on.. I read lots of journals and bloggs & don't see people weighing & measuring as i do. A m i being too precise cos it is kind of doing my head in...lol many thanks ,shell

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shelly View Post
    OK guys,i'm a newby & i'm sorry if you have to repeat yourselves,but i'm sort of confused . I have turned to a primal lifestyle after years of yo yo dieting,read chapter 8 of the book ,worked out my micronutrients which point me in the direction of high 84grams proteins,carbs in the sweet spot at 75grams and fats at 62grams a day,calories 1195 per day. All of the journals are different ,but i notice that the fat consumed is far more than protein in alot of cases. Obviously i'm trying to lose weight,currently 172lbs at 5ft 6,primal workouts 3 times a week. Yes i do get hungry,& feel tired & sleep rest is 4hours straight tops.This is 2nd week eating primal,i do work shifts which doesn't help......any suggestions,does this sound like i'm on the rite track? Lost 4lbs ,in 1st week soooooooo, fingers crossed it carries on.. I read lots of journals and bloggs & don't see people weighing & measuring as i do. A m i being too precise cos it is kind of doing my head in...lol many thanks ,shell
    you are not eating enough. just eat.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Katt is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shelly View Post
    I second Batty. Calories at 1195 per day are not enough to keep up your energy and activity levels. And the main part of your calories should be from fats.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    I just did a whole tin of organic coconut milk, blended with a heaped teapoon of organic coconut powder.

Man that was good.

I now feel like police chief Wiggum though...

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast