Hi eveyone. I'm Scott and I live in the Dallas 'burbs

I guess I am starting this a bit late , but at least the thread starts on a positive note.

I began going primal on October 4, 2011. That morning I weighed in at 235 pounds on a 5’ 9” frame.
I found that none of my clothes fit well, I was having problems with my knees (including the one with the rebuilt ACL), difficulty tying my own shoes and was mortified to see myself in photos. I avoided reflective surfaces like a vampire. When I looked at the scale that morning I decided: enough.

At 49 years old, I was heading or disaster.

Previously, changes in diet worked for me but over the last few years, shedding weight had become a task. A few pounds lost were quickly replaced and often I gained even more. Curiously I was getting more exercise than I had in a very long time and still was gaining weight. The typical tale.

One of my co-workers is a former militaryofficer and has been primal for some time. Two other co-workers were already on the program and making good, steady progress towards healthy goals. I decided to give it a try.

I’m not 100% primal but the lifestyle change works for me. I survived the Holidays and found new and better ways to prepare great tasting foods…even the holiday stuff. The wife and kids are not completely engaged as I am but join me for the good stuff: Salmon, grilled meats, roasted vegetables, salads, full fat yogurt, etc. I found that changes in preparation have actually made certain foods even better.
I travel a lot so it's not always easy to stick to a regimen but I've become better at it as I progress. If people only knew how easy it is to get even some of the chain restaurants to accomodate those who don't consume grains or sugars. In a pinch, I stop at a grocery store and get sliced turkey, aged cheese, olives and fruit.

Progress to date (3/14/12):
Starting weight: 235 lbs.
Current weight: 208 lbs.
Intermediate goals: 200 lbs. by 4/15
Longer term goal: 185 lbs. by summer
Pluses:
No heartburn at all in 6 months! None..zero.
My clothes fit better, I’m lighter on my feet, I can spar 6 rounds without getting completely winded, increased core strength, getting better sleep, and have much better mojo…

Best to everyone and thanks for your inspiration and support