Thread: Snowboarding at high altitude....so hungry! page

aussie_89 is offline Junior Member

Snowboarding at high altitude....so hungry!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I know this forum is more directed at you elite athletes but i Need your advice! I've been snowboarding daily for atleast 3 hours at around 8000ft.
    I'm 22yo, female so my calorie intake doesn't need to be super high like guys... I just come home real hungry and don't know what to eat. Any tips on snacks? I usually have nuts or fruit but it's just not satisfying! Help!

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    Try hard boiled eggs... chances are you just need a few more calories. 8000' is high enough that you burn a few more but not high enough to necessitate adjusting macronutrient ratios (above 12,000' or so, eating more carbs and less fat is vital for physical performance).
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie_89 View Post
    I know this forum is more directed at you elite athletes but i Need your advice! I've been snowboarding daily for atleast 3 hours at around 8000ft.
    I'm 22yo, female so my calorie intake doesn't need to be super high like guys... I just come home real hungry and don't know what to eat. Any tips on snacks? I usually have nuts or fruit but it's just not satisfying! Help!
    Eat a lot more the night before, particularly fat and protein... then hit the slopes the following day fasted.
    Steve Phinney – Low carb benefits elite athletes | Me and My Diabetes
    Vonn has also sought the advice of a nutritionist, hoping for an energy boost to get her through the nearly 40 races of the World Cup season.

“I always ate healthy, but it wasn’t scientific,” she said. “Now it’s a high-protein diet and no carbohydrates. I have more consistent energy and I don’t get tired after a meal. It does take a very detailed meal plan.”
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie_89 View Post
    Any tips on snacks?
    Yeah, don't.
    Why Snacking Makes You Weak, Not Just Fat - GNOLLS.ORG