Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I just had my coffee black page

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member

I just had my coffee black

Shop Now
    After months of bp coffee and coffee with coconut cream/oil.

I don't feel the need to guzzle my coffee down now, but actually enjoy it with sips. It's so delicious on its own! Must do this more often...

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations. The only way coffee should be consumed. BP coffee is BS. You don't put butter (or anything for that matter) in coffee, sorry, you just don't.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    After months of bp coffee and coffee with coconut cream/oil.

I don't feel the need to guzzle my coffee down now, but actually enjoy it with sips. It's so delicious on its own! Must do this more often...
    Agreed. After having good coffee (not Starbucks, Seattle's Best, etc.) black, I can tell when someone overloads it with sugar, or cream.

Fiji is offline Senior Member
    Have you noticed that true coffee connoisseurs will only drink their coffee black? Once you get used to it, black coffee has an incredibly complex and nutty taste. Adding anything to it will spoil that subtle flavor. Of course, I'm talking about good coffee here and I 100% agree with Issanjose that Starbucks and other chain store drinks are not coffee- they are either soot water or dirt water, but definitely not coffee. Good coffee is like fine wine. It has character and complexity. Different coffees also combine differently with different foods, some complementing sweets and some complementing salty foods. Can you tell I lurve my coffee?

Also, to anyone who can't drink coffee without sugar, I suggest trying it for two weeks with just some cream. It will be bitter as hell at first, but once you get used to it, you'll never go back to putting sugar in your coffee. You'll start to appreciate the nuttiness of just coffee. It's a sacrilege to put sugar in your coffee, IMHO.
    Last edited by Fiji; 03-14-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Yeah, I've noticed. I used to drink vanilla or macadamia nut flavored coffee from Hawaii, which I used to put coconut cream in. After buying into Bulletproof Coffee, I bought more gourmet coffees online to put butter and coco oil in. I've started to fast for breakfast so I've been drinking it black. I should have appreciated the complexity of the beans a lot more without defiling it with the butter/coco xD But now I know!

eelnus is offline Senior Member
    What is good coffee? And where can I get some?

wendyland is offline Senior Member
    I don't drink coffee, but I'm a huge ice tea drinker. I've found that I'm enjoying the complexities of the tea itelf without the sugar. When I drink tea with sugar now, it's almost gross. Even lightly sweetened tastes like syrup.

Quote Originally Posted by eelnus View Post
    What is good coffee? And where can I get some?
    I've been purchasing Goshen Coffee lately. In between orders, I go to my Whole Foods and pick up bags of locally roasted Barefoot Coffee.

Jreyes2265 is offline Member
    I drank coffee black at one point in time. At first it's disgusting, but you soon come to actually like and prefer it (well at least I did) over cream and sugar. Even so, I slowly but surely went back to adding sugar and milk. Be wary though, that since it is not deluded it will probably be stronger/potent on your system.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

wiltondeportes Guest

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast