Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thin skin under eyes page

huntingBears is offline Senior Member

Thin skin under eyes

Primal Fuel
    Hi guys, this is a bit of a long shot but i inherited very thin skin under my eyes so that i always look tired and ill, it is the most annoying thing ever and completely undermines my confidence and happiness to an extent
    I was sort of hoping that going primal would thicken my skin sort of because i read that healthy skin is thicker, also blood vessels should get stronger because of the protein and extra energy (which i have yet to achieve) and so i might look a lot healthier
    Does anyone have any advice other than make up? I started taking CLO and thought last night it had helped but woke up this morning to the same tired ugly eyes
    I would sell my soul to the devil without a second thought to just thicken the skin under my eyes my a quarter of a millimetre!!!
    If man made it, don't eat it

Ealachan is offline Member
    I don't have any solutions for you, but I'll commisserate! I have the same thing and it's annoying. I've had it diagnosed as everything from "eye strain" from wearing glasses and working on a computer all day long, to "allergy eyes" (even though I have it just as bad at times when I'm not having an allergy flare).

So you're not alone, at least!
    --
    Half-assed Primal on and off for a couple years. Started back in earnest in January 2012.
    Leptin Reset started 2/29/12
    5'11" - Female - 32 Y/O
    HW: 410+ SW: 375 CW: 340-ish
    goals acheived thus far: Have ditched high-blood pressure medicine, was able to comfortably fit into a plane seat for my vacation in August 2012.

Shamia is offline Senior Member
    Some vitamin deficiencies cause thin/dark under eye skin, I think vit B, but I'm not 100% sure if that's the right letter or that it was vit D. Maybe worth looking into that?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Some of it is genetic. The connective tissues loosen and your facial muscles and ligaments, etc. drop to reveal the fat below. Some say facial exercises can help restore the tone of those tissues and lift the face back over the fat. I don't have the issue, but I've spent countless hours of my life smiling about nothing so my face is pretty buff. And wrinkly, but not saggy. Yet.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamia View Post
    Some vitamin deficiencies cause thin/dark under eye skin, I think vit B, but I'm not 100% sure if that's the right letter or that it was vit D. Maybe worth looking into that?
    Yes, B12 deficiency can cause undereye circles. You could get your levels checked (they should be 550 minimum and 1000-1300 is a better range). If they're low, you could get hydroxocobalamin or methylcobalamin injections or take high-dose sublingual methylcobalamin lozenges.

To a degree, thin skin is genetic. Long-term retinol may help thicken the skin. Here is a remedy for a gelatin mask that is popular on a beauty forum that I frequent. Gelatin is said to be high in vit. K.
    http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum...=522445#522445

Dave RN is offline Senior Member
    I have a little of the dark circle thing and my B-12 level was 1,400!

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    I've had this problem for as long as I can remember. Not just under my eye, but an even darker purple that goes up on either side of my nose. Once someone asked me if I had a black eye... I've decided to just accept it, but it also doesn't really bother me much.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    I agree with the heredity part. My eyes are deep set and have always been dark, kind of like natural eye shadow, I'm also olive skinned. East Indians seem to also have the dark eye circles.

Sunnivara is offline Senior Member
    This has nothing to do with diet/nutrition but you could try Retin-A. It won't help with dark circles directly but it will help with thin skin, which could help reduce the appearance of dark circles. Retin-A causes the thin upper layers of skin to slough off and promotes the growth of thicker new skin.

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Do you have food allergies? Allergies can cause really deep shadows under the eyes, looks like you never get to sleep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast