Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grass Fed Beef - Where to buy it? page

TinaC is offline Senior Member

Grass Fed Beef - Where to buy it?

Primal Fuel
    I've been buying grass fed beef from US Wellness Meats for a few months. But lately, the items that I want to purchase are sold out. Are there any other reliable and trustworthy websites/companies that you guys buy from online? Thanks

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Why not try to find a local supplier? Eatwild.com can help. Or just asking around, going to a nearby farmer's market (if there is one).

activia is offline Senior Member
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    I found locallygrown.net recently.

TinaC is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the replies : ) I will check out these sites.

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    This is how I found my local farmer. Waiting on my second share right now... but had a good deer season to tide me over.

Faith S. is offline Junior Member
    We buy our buffalo and grass fed beef from Buffalo Gal. They sell Scottish Highlander beef...it is VERY lean. And pretty darned yummy. Their buffalo is the best tasting we've found online, as well. We also got some of their wild boar this last order, and gave that a go. It was different than standard pork, that's for sure. A little leaner, I'd guess, so our standard cooking methods didn't work all that great with it, but I'd imagine it would be perfect for the slow cooker. You might check out their site and see what you think...

Meegads is offline Senior Member
    Dragging up kind of an old thread here, but - I need some advice. We raise our own beef, but our steer isn't quite ready for slaughter yet and our freezer is darn near bare. I live in a very small town, thus no Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Costco, etc. There are plenty of local ranchers I could buy beef from, but they all sell by the whole or the side, and I don't want to buy that much - we'll need the freezer space (and money!) for when we have ours butchered. We have a few big-name supermarkets, but the thought of supermarket beef kinda scares me! What would be my best bet to find some decent meat to tide us over until "Clyde" goes under the knife?
    Life is short. Eat Beef!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I have purchased some meat from TxBarOrganics. It was very tender and tasty - I actually liked their beef better than USWellness.

But if you can find local - that's probably best
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

oxide is offline Senior Member
    You'll probably have to drive to Klamath Falls.

Can you make a deal with the farmers for just a few pounds of meat?

Even so, supermarket beef isn't all that bad if you get the lean cuts. The bad stuff tends to accumulate in the fat.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast