Thread: All signs point to Paleo?? page

wiltondeportes Guest

All signs point to Paleo??

Primal Fuel
    I have found it interesting as I expand my research of bodily health to discover how all signs point to essentially a paleo diet.

-Optimum brain health: There was Terri Wahls on a Ted talk going on about how she solved her debilitating brain disease with good nutrition
    -Optimum gut health: Read gutsense.org and Fiber Menace by this Russian guy who knows a lot about poop and your digestive system.
    -Optimum energy, athleticism, muscular and bone systems, skin, etc: basically from experience and various research topics.
    -Healing diabetes?: I am adding a new one to the list right now. I've been doing research on diabetes for a friend. After analyzing the key nutrients and key reactions that must take place (utilizing all research available to me), I designed a diet that ended up having all the same foods that are paleo.

I find it fascinating how the diet for the brain, the gut, the diabetes, the muscles, the bones, the skin, the eyes. It's all the same! This isn't some idealistic babble or hopeful ignorance, this is the truth from everything I have researched about various specific ailments or problem spots.

With all this said, I don't think I've ever become 100% with my actions when it comes to paleo. I got my friend to get a 30 day start on this new diet by saying that I would do it with him. I'm excited to give it a try! I'll post the diet on this thread in a minute.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-14-2012 at 01:00 AM.

wiltondeportes Guest
    With diabetes, I targeted zinc, magnesium, chromium, V-A, V-B6, V-E, and saturated fat. He's insulin resistant, however his beta cells in the pancreas are in tip-top shape.

The DIET is below. Once again, this goes for all areas of health. It's a little specified in terms of amounts. The "*" annotates foods commonly used in cooking, but they still count as regular members of their food groups in terms of total recommended daily amount.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. 3 Cups of Bright Colors
    -Tomatoes
    -Sweet Peppers
    *-chili powder, paprika
    -Bright, various fruit---especially berries

2. 3 Cups of Leafy Greens
    -Kale, Chard, Romaine Lettuce, Mustard Greens, Turnip Greens
    *-Basil, Dill, Sage, Spearmint, Oregano, Thyme, Cilantro (aka Corriander)

3. 3 Cups of Sulfur Rich
    -onions, garlic, chives, shallot

4. Land meat (grassfed)
    -3/7 days a week: 1 pound of muscle meat
    -2/7 days a week: 1 pound of liver, sweetbreads, brain, etc
    -About a pound of bone marrow of beef/bison/whatever you can get (including bone weight)

5. Seafood
    -2/7 days a week: 1 pound wild salmon/herring
    -2/7 days a week: 4 medium oysters or 6 oz of clams
    -Seaweed (one serving + or -)

6. Nuts/Seeds
    -just handfuls as snacks...maybe a cup + or - per day: cacao seed, almonds, pumpkin seed, sunflower seed, cashew, pistachio, hazelnut, etc

7. Extra for cooking and seasoning
    -ginger, turmeric, cardamom, celery seed, cinnamon, etc
    -coconut oil

8. Extra energy/calories
    -sweet potatoes and potatoes if needed

9. Water
    -1 liter of hard/mineral water if sedentary, more if necessary. (Do not overhyrdrate; this will cause dehydration)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No-no's:

-refined water
    -refined sugar (table sugar, honey, agave, etc)
    -grains and legumes of any kind
    -vegetable oils, seed oils, nut oils, any other polyunsaturated or trans fat cooking oils
    -dairy (ok if raw and fermented) (Raw and fermented dairy is difficult, expensive, and doesn't offer anything nutritionally that you aren't already getting)
    -alcohol (ok in small amounts if simply maintaining healthy)

Notes:

-I'm still hammering out a couple details like portion amount in the first three categories. I'm trying to strike a balance between right amount of fiber and as many nutrients as possible.
    -Certain foods can be slightly emphasized if seeking a goal. IE, my diabetic friend might eat oysters 4 days a week to get tons of zinc in his system. Also, you can supplement pills for various vitamins and minerals to emphasize an area where you need extra help.
    -It goes without saying; sunlight, exercise, and sleep must be obtained too. If you can't get plenty of sunlight, supplement with Vitamin D.
    -Eggs are noticeably nowhere. They are not a no-no, but they don't offer as much as other protein sources. The yolk is basically the only valuable part of it. You have to leave that intact and runny to not destroy the nutrients. You can eat 6 eggs or so to replace a certain day's protein source if you want "food for fun" (nothing wrong with this if simply maintaining health), but they have no place as a frequent food source due to better options for "food for nutrition".
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-14-2012 at 01:03 AM.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, but I classify eggs as "land meat"... I mean... that is what it would be in 21 days after all if left at about 101degrees (assuming fertile eggs hens with access to a Roo). Heck... it's MOSTLY actual chicken meat after a measly 2 weeks... just incubate one and crack one into a pan if you don't believe me.

But I still don't eat major portions of them. However.... meat!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.