Thread: 3-4 weeks in and feel awful after I eat now.... page

wendypet is offline Junior Member

3-4 weeks in and feel awful after I eat now....

Hi - so I was probably already eating maybe 60-70% primal before I decided to go about 95% a month ago (so a change, but not a gigantic change I would think). Three days in I had a mini carb flu, felt like crap, headache, zero energy etc. but that passed quickly and then I was feeling pretty good. Not only have I not lost any pounds yet (I have 12 to lose) but now this week after I eat a pretty regular primal meal (that I ate all the time before I started this) I feel really awful for hours afterward. Yesterday lunch was an awesome homemade egg salad with olives in it -which I have made/eaten dozens of times before - but I felt terrible the rest of the day. Today, milder - but after a regular raw veggie salad with hard boiled eggs - I felt bad again. I just don't know if this is all normal primal adjustments still, or if I should be past feeling like crap by now. Not really liking feeling like crap after a healthy lunch ya know! Plus feeling like crap is affecting my workouts.......... and not to mention pretty bummed I have not lost any fat yet either, but I know and trust that I have to be patient and make this a lifestyle not a "diet". I am just a little worried that my body is not loving primal and I am not at all used to feeling badly after eating like this............. Anyone else have this? Is it just as simple as give it more time and see???? thanks to all -
    Wendy

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Sorry. No, it doesn't sound normal to me. I would suggest experimenting with your food.

Don't even think about pounds, just how you feel and how your clothes fit.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Egg intolerances are pretty common. Try a few days with no eggs and see how you feel.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    What is the rest of your eating day like? You only mention lunch. What about exercise, sleep, cheats, etc...?