Thread: Carbonation page

lesliek is offline Member

I used to handle carbonation (fairly) well. Now that I quit the soda habit, when I drink carbonated beverages I feel like I burp all of it back out.

Is carbonation ever found in nature? Can you tolerate it? Is it bad for you?

FDgreen is offline Member

Is carbonation ever found in nature?

Not that I know of.

Is it bad for you?

No, it's CO2

blogs is offline Junior Member

born2Bprimal Guest

what about naturally effervescent drinks ... i.e. Kombucha?

I would say - yes.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

The only thing I'd ever heard about carbonation is that it can reduce the acidity of your stomach. I'm not sure how true that is. Kombucha is plenty acidic, that's for sure- at least the way I make it.

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member

Dr. Andrew Weil says no... (Father of complementary medicine.)

Sooze

andyincc Guest

FDgreen;

Yes, naturally occurring carbonated water springs are found in nature, just google "soda springs", you'll be amazed.

That these soda springs are found in nature and are generally thought of as being "healthful" is one, if not the very reason carbonated beverages became all the rage and spread throughout the country and world around the turn of the 19th century concurrent with methods of mass transport, i.e. ships, trains, etc.

Another key development was the discovery of methods of manufacturing C02 which created the ability to make carbonated beverages anywhere and any time, and far from any natural sources of sparkling waters. Prior to this discovery sparkling waters had to be bottled at or near the source and then transported to markets, both labor intensive and costly due to the density, weight and volumetrics of shipping waters to markets.

Years ago I worked on a construction project near a town in Idaho called Soda Springs, so named because of the many natural "soda springs" located throughout the area. The native indians in the area had known about the spring for eons and used the waters regularly, as did the later homesteaders.

During my time working on the project many of my coworkers adopted the practice of the local residents and would use the spring water to mix with coolaid and other such drink mixes for personal use, and I can attest to the waters natural carbonation being comparable if not superior to any you can purchase, along with the added natural purity and quality of spring waters. It was tasty, but the best part is that it was free.

lesliek is offline Member

So if carbonation is natural, healthy, etc. why am I having trouble with it?

eyeshield9 is offline Junior Member

It takes time to adapt?

your genetic heritage comes from an area without carbonation?

Or your abs have gotten stronger?

andyincc Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

All I said in answer to FDgreen is that it does exist naturally, but I didn't say whether it is or isn't "healthy". A rock in a cliff face is natural, but if it falls and busts your head open like a watermelon dropped on the sidewalk, it ain't healthy. Just because a thing exists in nature does not make it "healthy" for human consumption.

That's why marijuana and other "naturally" derived drugs are called "dope", as the practice of inhaling hot poisonous gasses from burning "natural" cellulose based organic matter in order to provoke a loopy state by intentionally toxifying one's brain is stupid, and over time renders one to ever increasing levels of stupidity. I swear to christ, it's like the only thing some people ever use their brains for is to keep their heads from caving in so they can wear hats.

So what exactly do you mean when you say "I feel" like I burp all of it back out""? Is it just "a feeling", something you think is happening but is really not, or is it actually happening? Are you burping out just the gas or the liquids too? If it's just the gasses why do you think it's a "problem" that you can't keep them inside you like you could previously? Do you ever release any gasses out the other end of you? And do you ever "feel like" that's a problem too?

As for your last two questions, can you tolerate it, and is it bad for you, those will lead you to only half the answer. The other half of the pertinent questions are "if you can tolerate it (like occasional drug use) SHOULD you, and if it's not bad for you, then is it good for you in any way, is there any benefit??"

The short answer to your questions is yes, and maybe.

There is one good, solid piece of advice I can offer:

G-O-O-G-L-E. You have at your hands the most powerful tool for acquiring real, true and scientific knowledge ever devised by man. Use it, use your own brain and find the answers for yourself, try not to seek knowledge from hat racks that have never heard of Perrier.