Thread: Newbie and confused about something page

Docwyatt is offline Junior Member

Question Newbie and confused about something

Hi all,
    I'm new here. I've been eating primal for four weeks, feel GREAT and have lost 12 lbs!! I was discussing primal living with some friends and quoted Mark's "21 Day Total Body Transformation" book, specifically p. 108 with the header "Vegging Out". On that page Mark says, "The fact remains that no culture in the history of humanity has ever survived for a sustained period of time when eating a completely vegetarian diet."
    The echo from those words had not ended before three people looked at me like I was an idiot and asked how he accounts for the vegetarian culture in India. I was stumped. They seem to have a good point. What am I missing in Mark's statement? How do I counter their point?

BTW, none of these were vegetarians or vegans. One only eats fish and eggs, but the rest are omnivores.

Thanks,
    Docwyatt

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Without going downstairs to get the book, I would say Mark meant vegan not vegetarian. He has made it clear that you can be a primal vegetarian. His own son is a lifelong one.

i would be very hard, if not impossible, to survive a long time as a vegan. It will eventually kill you.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Docwyatt is offline Junior Member
    Thanks, Hedonist. Vegan would make sense.

lordgrover is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Docwyatt View Post
    Thanks, Hedonist. Vegan would make sense.
    Vegan's never make sense.

basketcase is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Reading Lierre Keith's book The Vegetarian Myth is what led me here. She makes all kinds of sense that vegetarian/veganism ain't what it claims to be.