Thread: RE: Grilled Beef Tips page

jammies is offline Senior Member

RE: Grilled Beef Tips

Primal Fuel
    So, I won a $75 gift certificate to Tx Bar Organics - they have grass fed beef. I have company coming to stay with me in a week or so, so I decided to splurge a little and order their beef tenderloin tips.

I'd like to marinade them and grill them, but I want something a little special. My guests include kids so something basic. I don't eat nightshades (tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, etc) or dairy so I'd like to keep it free of those things.

Anyone have a great recipe to share? Any great side dish suggestions would be welcome too. I am not opposed to white rice, but am serving fish another night and was thinking of serving the fish with rice.

Thanks!!
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Long stalky lettuce leaves as wraps? It's always fun to involve your hands when eating.

Grated carrot for a little colour? Shredded red cabbage? Pickled beetroot for tang? Just a few simple bowls of bright coloured veggies, chopped to drop into the wraps?

Not necessarily the food itself (which is probably a nightshade/dairy nightmare for you ), but this kind of effect:

Last edited by pjgh; 03-15-2012 at 05:37 AM.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Bacon brussel sprouts are awesome with steak, so are grilled mushrooms. A good steak doesn't need much done to it other than cooking it properly. A traditional salad or two is always good, a cheese platter with fruit and nuts is good snacking and kid friendly, some fresh salsa with celery, cucumber or carrots, I don't think you can go wrong with good food!
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Quote Originally Posted by pjgh View Post
    Long stalky lettuce leaves as wraps? It's always fun to involve your hands when eating.

Grated carrot for a little colour? Shredded red cabbage? Pickled beetroot for tang? Just a few simple bowls of bright coloured veggies, chopped to drop into the wraps?

Not necessarily the food itself (which is probably a nightshade/dairy nightmare for you ), but this kind of effect:

That is so beautiful!! I love the idea - then people can choose whatever they want with the meat. I can make some safe choices for me
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineC View Post
    Bacon brussel sprouts are awesome with steak, so are grilled mushrooms. A good steak doesn't need much done to it other than cooking it properly. A traditional salad or two is always good, a cheese platter with fruit and nuts is good snacking and kid friendly, some fresh salsa with celery, cucumber or carrots, I don't think you can go wrong with good food!
    Grilled mushrooms are a great idea...the kids love mushrooms too. I love brussel sprouts but they always turn out crappy when I make them Fresh chopped veggies sound great.

BemleyCeuben is offline Junior Member
    I don't think you can go wrong with good food!

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Grilled mushrooms are a great idea...the kids love mushrooms too. I love brussel sprouts but they always turn out crappy when I make them Fresh chopped veggies sound great.
    Maybe...you could try this recipe?

Smokey, Sweet, Spicy Brussel Sprouts with Kielbasa primalpat
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Grilled asparagus is good with steak too...