Thread: paleo bread page

maclynne is offline Junior Member

paleo bread

Shop Now
    has anyone seen this?
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePaleoBread/info
    I just saw this posted on Facebook. I checked out the website, here:
    Julian Bakery
    was wondering if anyone has tried any of their products.

I haven't been craving bread too much, except for yesterday, I was really tired from lack of sleep the night before, wouldn't you know I WOULD have insomnia the night after we "spring forward" , lol.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    If you google *paleo bread* you'll find more recipes than you'll know what to do with. It's been around awhile~

thanks, I can imagine there must be a ton of them, I just was wondering if anyone had tried this company's products.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    My mom buys their low carb bread sometimes. I was already off grains when she started getting it, but she likes it a lot. None of the breads they currently sell are actually grain-free. I'm not sure what the fb site you linked to is actually for (says paleobread.com but goes straight to julian's bakery ?), but anyway there's a comment on julian bakery's site that says they're coming out with paleo bread in may 2012.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Not this bakery~ but I've tried gluten free bread in the past ~ from Whole Foods~ and found it so different from wheat bread that it didn't really appeal~ it was heavy, dense, just so different. Right now, I'm trying home baked Chebe bread~ has potential!

gottaluvalab is offline Senior Member
    Paleo bread?

I don't care who says what, no one can convince me that this creature exists. I also don't believe in unicorns, and I believe the dodo is extinct.

That doesn't mean I don't think folks have found ways to substitute--I think frozen spinach is a fine substitute for rice, although it's totally illogical and I can't explain it.

But "paleo bread" is an oxymoron. Until I realized it, I was disappointed more often than I really needed to be.

(Now, if I want bread, I just cheat. Judge me as you will.)

Sanctus Real is offline Senior Member
    I just tried Chebe rolls, made with tapioca flour. You still need to go easy on them, because they aren't exactly carb-free, but they are pretty good. Chebe I found mine at my local supermarket; they have a section that seems to be geared toward diabetics.

BTW, I just checked their website (Julian Bakery); none of their breads are grain free. Sorry!
    Last edited by Sanctus Real; 03-13-2012 at 07:16 PM.
    Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

kevingeary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus Real View Post
    I just tried Chebe rolls, made with tapioca flour. You still need to go easy on them, because they aren't exactly carb-free, but they are pretty good. Chebe I found mine at my local supermarket; they have a section that seems to be geared toward diabetics.

BTW, I just checked their website (Julian Bakery); none of their breads are grain free. Sorry!
    Am I seeing it correctly that one sandwhich bun made with that stuff has 42g of carbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus Real View Post

I am aware of that. I think that the Paleo bread they are coming out with in May is suppose to be, not sure though, I was just wondering about the company's products, whether anyone had used them and what they thought, because if the new bread is made without grains, I might want to try some. so, I was just looking for feedback on the company.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    I bookmarked a chebe bread website, and might give it a whirl, in the near future.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast