Thread: The primal lifestyle is GOOD. page

jenZ is offline Junior Member

The primal lifestyle is GOOD.

Primal Fuel
    A year before I moved overseas for work, my weight had skyrocketed to 190lbs (I'm 5'5 and at the time was 24 years old). I was doing everything "right"- eating whole grains, yogurt, soy products and meat substitutes- and my weight was getting worse. I was referred to a naturopath that tested me for food allergies and found a tremendous amount of toxins in my system from grains, dairy, and soy. She took me off of those things and put me on a primal diet of meat protein with a lot of veggies and nuts/nut butters. She told me that I could have a minimal amount of fruits, too.

I changed my breakfasts, snacks, and all of my meals to take out the whole wheat bread, soy patties, and other junk that I consumed daily. Not only did I start shedding weight and bloat within the first week, I had a substantial amount of energy and stamina. I remained focused in college classes and no longer hit an afternoon slump. I didn't change anything with my workouts as I was already taking long walks, doing crossfit twice weekly, and teaching and practicing yoga. All I had to do was change my food. It worked. I dropped sixty pounds and felt amazing.

before and after.jpg

Left is before, right is after

Then, I moved overseas to an island where we didn't have the best options in meat and produce. I resorted back to my old ways and often ate McDonalds and Subway as that was cheaper than stocking my fridge full of groceries (when we could even GET fresh produce, it would often rot within a day or two). Before I knew it, I gained all of my weight back. I didn't maintain the habits that changed my life and I paid for it.

My husband and I met halfway through our two years abroad and he had read up on Primal and Paleo eating. I told him that I did it and it was life changing for me. He discovered MDA and we have been following a great Primal lifestyle since our wedding day the end of December. I've since lost only 5 pounds, but my body is shaping up very well and I have gained a lot of muscle. I have fallen off the wagon a couple of times, but I've come back stronger and without wanting to ever get off track again. It's just not worth it. Energy drops, I get bloated, and as an eczema sufferer, my skin is just in bad shape (when we don't follow PB).

We are loving all of the energy that we have and especially the easy digestion. I love that my skin doesn't itch or get dry. I know that through Primal eating, good sleep, and a great weight plan (along with long walks on the beach near our home in Los Angeles) we will be looking and feeling great by summer. I've done it before and am convicted that this has to be my lifestyle!

loves walking is offline Member
    Wow you have done such a wonderful job. You look fanstic. You should post your story and pics in the before and after thread.

jenZ is offline Junior Member

Thanks!

Thank you so much! I'll see how to post it on the success stories- it is SO worth it and I'm so sorry I ever got off track!

Gabel1234 is offline Junior Member
    Interesting thread. I'm learning lots!

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    dang! way to go
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html