Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It seems like I can't eat anywhere but home now... page

meeshar is offline Senior Member

It seems like I can't eat anywhere but home now...

Primal Fuel
    We were in a big rush this morning and didn't eat breakfast, so we grabbed some grub from the lunch counter at a gas station. I got baked chicken and turnip greens, figuring there couldn't be too much wrong with it.

Now my face feels hot, my head feels fuzzy, my throat is tight, and my stomach is queasy. I am starting to wonder if I have a true food allergy (the tightness in my throat is worrying) rather than just an intolerance to non-Primal foods.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm so frustrated, I have a ton of things to do today and have to sit here and let this pass before I feel okay driving.

activia is offline Senior Member
    that sucks, does sound like an allergy. I haven't experienced that myself... except for the stomach queasy part. Next time you have to run out hard boil some eggs before you leave. I have a little device that does it unattended..then beeps when done. Takes 10 mins, so as long as it takes >10 mins for you to get out the door you can get this done
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Good point, I ordered extra eggs from the CSA this week, so I'll have to boil up a batch to keep around. I wish allergy testing weren't so expensive (or better yet, our insurance deductible weren't so high).

Croak is offline Senior Member
    Could be as simple as you thinking that the chicken would be bad for you causing the reaction too. Just sayin'.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Everything is loaded with chemicals, you probably ingested something your body hasn't had to deal with for a long time...
    Commercial lettuce is laced with chemicals, chicken is loaded with arsenic, soy and all the pesticides and insecticides from the grain fed to that chicken. Was it a sandwich? the bread alone poses mutliple problems, not to mention all the fake flavoring (MSG and whatnot) that are needed to make a pile of garbage taste good.

I'd be sick, too. Husband and I dread eating out.

I was pretty thrilled that they had something that wasn't breaded and fried, and it tasted fine, so I don't think I was worrying about it. I'm not even sure what about it made me feel funky, it was a baked chicken thigh/leg with what looked like paprika and pepper on the skin, and some pretty plain turnip greens.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    it could be any of the above things that was mentioned. or it could be the fact that you ate chicken and turnip greens from a GAS STATION. i mean, come on.. am i the only one that thinks that is disgusting? gas stations are so filthy and disgusting, i wouldn't even want to piss at most of them, let alone order food at one.

denasqu is offline Senior Member
    You should be concerned and you should get that checked out. Those are symptoms of anaphylaxis which can become deadly pretty quickly. I'd make list everything you ate or drank in the previous 24 hours and go see a doctor. You may need to carry an Epi-pen because obviously if you're throat swells shut you've only got a couple minutes to deal with it.

I have experienced it and barely made it to the emergency room one time. As I walked in the door I suddenly couldn't breathe or speak.
    "If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?" - Tom Snyder, talk show host

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I agree with denasqu. Take care of the symptoms, then worry about what it was you ate.

I'm betting money there was MSG on the chicken. I have a GI reaction to MSG every time (so does my dad) and I can pinpoint what restaurants my husband and I like to frequent that use it.

Whatever is happening, I hope you feel better soon. I have boiled eggs at the ready all the time - or maybe some of the PB protein bars. they're superb!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

1949katie is offline Member
    Have you ever had an anxiety attack? It sounds like you might of had one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast