Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Candida VS Paleo page

lashes86 is offline Junior Member

Candida VS Paleo

Shop Now
    Hi All;

Here is my story:

I currently suffer from a condition called Candida. Iíve had symptoms of constipation, bloating, "brain-fog", cystic acne, weight gain, sleep disturbance and craving sweets; just to name a few. I just recently went to see a Naturopath regarding this issue and I was put on a colon cleanse which required me to eliminate yeast, vinegar and sugar. I was also taking approximately 30 herbal pills a day. I followed this cleanse for about 8 months. I decided to stop taking the supplements because 1) it became way too expensive and 2) I was beginning to be skeptical about the whole thing. I was only supposed to be on this "cleanse" for 3 months and it was now well over 8 months. Donít get me wrong, I am so thankful that I did it because I now feel 100 times better! Most of my symptoms have now disappeared. However, I do get the few odd ones. So, with this said, a friend of mine recommended to try the Paleo diet. He was confident that my symptoms would completely disappear.

Here is my issue. I have been trying to research for information regarding doing a combination of a Candida diet and Primal diet at the same time. I have come up short with information. Both diets seem to have similar qualities, however Iím afraid that if I go completely Paleo that my Candida will come backÖ For example: On my Candida diet I am not allowed to have maple syrup, honey, limit on fruit (2 fruits a day), no mushrooms, no vinegar, etc. Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a anti-candida primal diet? If so, what would your recommendations be? Or is there no such thing as a Candida problem, and that simply eating Primal would resolve my issues?

PS. I keep referring to the Candida and Paleo as ďdietĒ. I truly donít believe that they are... they are simply a way of life. It was just easier for me to type it this way.

newlife77 is offline Member
    Hi there, not sure I can fully answer ur questions but even tho Paleo/Primal allows vinegar, mushrooms, fruit etc it doesn't mean to say u have to eat them if u feel better without? I know a lot of people have to experiment with what is right for them on this diet - ie some find they have to go really low carb to lose weight, whereas others not so low etc - its about finding what is right for u

I know there a couple of members on here fighting Candida - maybe check out the journals to find some peoples experience?

Good luck, you've found a very good place to start!

H x
    An English girl who's been on lots of different diets, weight gone up and down but always been a naturalist at heart and have always wondered why "Conventional Wisdom" diets don't allow you to eat red meat and nuts - that are purely natural things?! So feel I've found my niche in the PB/Paleo Lifestyle and really want to make this my way of life for good!!!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Hi! Sorry to wake you, Nancy, but your little daydream is just too painful to watch. Candida is a boogeyman used to sell snake oil. Nothing more!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Comma is offline Senior Member
    I had a Candida infection on the tongue and took Nystatin for about 3 weeks, then I got bored. (and yes, there was the infamous die-off effect, and it wasn't fun). It cleared up, but since I do Paleo it is completely gone. As far as I can tell, Paleo should be great for this, the eventual fruit isn't going to make a difference as long as grains and sugars are gone.

lashes86 is offline Junior Member
    I've been testing out things like maple syrup, honey and mushrooms for the past two weeks and I have no had any cramps. However, I am still very bloated still. That's why I am thinking that going Primal isn't enough..

Thanks for the advice so far everyone

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Hi! Sorry to wake you, Nancy, but your little daydream is just too painful to watch. Candida is a boogeyman used to sell snake oil. Nothing more!
    Vets treat horses for it ... the medical profession are much slower on the uptake.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Candida is very real, ive been dealing with it for nearly 2 years.
    Primal is perfect for candida, just avoid the fruits and other sugars as well, including dairy.

No doubt Mr Know-it-all knifegill will prove beyond reasonable doubt to those of us who have actually experienced candida that it was all in our minds. Also in the minds of horses.

Er ... perhaps not.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Aliophile is offline Senior Member
    All I know is that since I've gone paleo and fully cut out grains and mostly cut out sugar (couple teaspoons of raw honey per say in my tea) I have not had a raging yeast infection for the very first time right before my period IN YEARS! I always get one in the two weeks between ovulation and the start of my period. I've also begun an iodine protocol. Iodine is also an antifungal and most of us our deficient in it. It may benefit you to do some research on the iodine threads here and see what you think of giving it a try.
    || 2/28/12 || 5'6" || 144 lbs ||
    My goals: 125 lbs, 27" waist, fat-free, shapely, muscular legs
    AND to be able to do my very first pull up!

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliophile View Post
    All I know is that since I've gone paleo and fully cut out grains and mostly cut out sugar (couple teaspoons of raw honey per say in my tea) I have not had a raging yeast infection for the very first time right before my period IN YEARS! I always get one in the two weeks between ovulation and the start of my period. I've also begun an iodine protocol. Iodine is also an antifungal and most of us our deficient in it. It may benefit you to do some research on the iodine threads here and see what you think of giving it a try.
    I hadn't heard that iodine is an antifungal. How do you take iodine?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast