Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Candida VS Paleo page 5

randy2gray is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Each bodily system works in conjunction with all the others and everything we do or don't put into our bodies affects the functioning of the whole. I do think the full paleo lifestyle meets our bodies needs on a holistic level. So far my experience with it has been just wonderful.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Bee has great advice to start with; but she recommends AGAINST eating coconut milk and coconut meat. Which I think is ridiculous, when they're all anti-fungal. She doesn't give a reason against eating them either. I can understand coconut milk as there's some weird stuff hiding in there sometimes (polysorbate 60, anyone?).

She doesn't recommend eating rutabagas either. But google rutabaga and candida, and you'll find lots of people eating it with no ill effect. Everyone's body is different; but our own body is the best doctor.
    She advises against those foods on grounds of their sugar content, which is significant for a lot of people.

Eating a low sugar, low yeast/mold diet is far more important than taking anti-fungals in my experience. Anti-fungals treat the symptoms not the cause.
    Last edited by paleo-bunny; 03-16-2012 at 03:44 AM. Reason: grammar
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Gabel1234 is offline Junior Member
    Interesting thread. I'm learning lots!

patski is offline Senior Member
    That makes sense. But what of coconut milk and meat? Last I checked, both were high in saturated fat. I haven't even looked at the carb content of a can of coconut milk. I will today though!

Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    She advises against those foods on grounds of their sugar content, which is significant for a lot of people.

Eating a low sugar, low yeast/mold diet is far more important than taking anti-fungals in my experience. Anti-fungals treat the symptoms not the cause.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

lashes86 is offline Junior Member
    I just found this on the Healing Naturally by Bee website: ..... SCARY! I've never heard of such a thing..

"Cancer is directly connected with candida (yeast overgrowth), and both candida and cancer are the result of the degeneration of the body. It is estimated that over 70% of all people have candida, including men, women, children, and babies, which is actively and seriously deteriorating their health: see the simple test, list of symptoms, and a health program that handles it below."

Quote Originally Posted by lashes86 View Post
    I just found this on the Healing Naturally by Bee website: ..... SCARY! I've never heard of such a thing..

"Cancer is directly connected with candida (yeast overgrowth), and both candida and cancer are the result of the degeneration of the body. It is estimated that over 70% of all people have candida, including men, women, children, and babies, which is actively and seriously deteriorating their health: see the simple test, list of symptoms, and a health program that handles it below."
    I hadn't heard that It makes sense that an immune system compromised by a chronic infection is going to find it more challenging to remove cancerous or precancerous cells.

Also, I expect there's an association factor, as well as a causal one, because excess sugar consumption is a cause both of cancer and of candida overgrowth.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    That makes sense. But what of coconut milk and meat? Last I checked, both were high in saturated fat. I haven't even looked at the carb content of a can of coconut milk. I will today though!
    You're right - most of the calories are saturated fat. It's not a huge amount of sugar ... it's in the order of around 8 g sugar in a cup of coconut milk, which can be significant for some people. So it's generally fine for avoidance of candida but for some best avoided during an elimination program.

Zelli88 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lashes86 View Post

I remember reading that Candida is also a precursor to cancer, and sometimes can be the same thing...However, it depends on the level of infestation candida has in your body. She says candida is created to help detox and eliminate specific toxins - I don't know exactly how true this is. i've also read that "chronic candida" is caused by toxic metals and a copper/zinc imbalance. But, I think Bee has the better perspective on this.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I've been treating a Candida overgrowth for about two months now.

There is a natural and healthy amount of yeast that should be in your gut, but an overgrowth can lead to all kind of system-wide symptoms, including your classic yeast infection (oral, vaginal, anal etc.) as well as various skin issues (cystic acne) and pretty much anything else gut-related, which is pretty much everything! There is a lot that goes on in your gut (when I say gut I mean digestive tract), even things like serotonin production (foul mood may not indicate a candida issue on its own, but combined with other symptoms, definitely something to consider).

I recommend getting a wide-spectrum probiotic (I take this one, once or twice a day now, initially 2-3 times a day, mixed in water) and reading up lots and lots about various supplements that may help. I'm taking C. Away and haven't noticed any of the occasional yeast-infection symptoms I'd been having on and off for quite some time now. I noticed improved mental function with 2-3 weeks of starting the probiotic (and that is something I pay close attention to as I'm no longer on any SSRIs and learning to manage anxiety and depression with nutrition and supplementation).

It can take 1-6 or more months to completely recover and re-balance your system after messing up your gut flora with an overgrowth or from antibiotics. Sticking with a low-sugar primal diet will help immensely.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Drea6681 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliophile View Post
    are you for real? I normally wouldn't wish a raging yeast infection on anyone but in this case i'll make an exception.

hahahahahahahahaha
    SW175ish GW140 CW157

height 5'6"

Official for real start date 1/10/12

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345