Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Candida VS Paleo page 3

lashes86 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I think it will depend on your susceptibility to candida. In my experience, I still need to eat a low yeast/mold and low fructose, low sugar diet. I rarely eat fruit. So for me simply eating 'primally' is not enough.

I find eating full fat, low lactose dairy helpful, as candida hates that.

I'm not as prone to candida as I used to be, so I don't have to be so strict any more, e.g. I can tolerate white wine, black tea and some hard goats cheeses. Apart from those I avoid fermented foods.

I was more prone to candida, especially chronic sinus infections and a bloated gut, when I had mercury amalgam fillings. I got them replaced with safe fillings a few years ago.
    My problem is that I have a lot of allergies and I am lactose intolerant. My allergies range from peanuts, nuts, soy, legumes, and apples, to things like carrots and celery. It's very difficult for me to find snacks, therefore I find that eating fruit is quite easy. I'm always trying to find new recipes and snack ideas in order to limit my fruit intake. I think you are right when you say that "eating primal is not enough". I find since I've gone completely Paleo for the past two weeks that my acne has somewhat come back. Maybe too much sugar? Because before I would eat things like rye bread, rice crackers, etc. as snacks. Now I replace them with mainly fruits and vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattybag View Post
    Kefir is meant to be really good for candida. Im just starting to get into it and at first it seemed rediculous to think a live yeast would be a cure! But reading more and more about it, it seems it will kill off the bad bacteria that is causing the overgrowth and level things out. Like most things, it takes a while for the body to adjust to it and the candida will cling on for dear life at first, but perseverence is the key - as usual!
    Is Kefir good for someone who is lactose intolerant?

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lashes86 View Post
    Is Kefir good for someone who is lactose intolerant?
    Yes because you can make it with goats milk or even coconut milk, and also lactose free milk.
    There is also a water Kefir but Ive not much knowledge of how that works or what you do with it!

LexxyV86 is offline Senior Member
    You should really try to incorporate coconut oil into your diet. It has definitely helped my acne and dry scalp. It has lots of anti-fungal propreties.
    Um I use coconut oil when I am cooking- I have also tried many soaps with coconut oil though naturally I have oily skin and found that anything with oil just isn't my thing simple soaps are my friends lol my skin issue is also related to snorkeling alot when I lived in hawaii it is also irritated by humid climates- ( the more humid it is the more the flare up- I am trying to remember what the doctor called it but it definitely wasn't candida but something else- terrible right? lol )

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by Rattybag View Post
    Yes because you can make it with goats milk or even coconut milk, and also lactose free milk.
    There is also a water Kefir but Ive not much knowledge of how that works or what you do with it!
    I will try that. Thanks!

patski is offline Senior Member
    I have posted a ton about candida on here. Been dealing with it for a really long time. Have digestive issues and dermatitis because of it. I just wrote a huge post on my blog about my journey and my own do's and don'ts about what to eat/what not to eat.

primalpat.com
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Quote Originally Posted by LexxyV86 View Post
    Um I use coconut oil when I am cooking- I have also tried many soaps with coconut oil though naturally I have oily skin and found that anything with oil just isn't my thing simple soaps are my friends lol my skin issue is also related to snorkeling alot when I lived in hawaii it is also irritated by humid climates- ( the more humid it is the more the flare up- I am trying to remember what the doctor called it but it definitely wasn't candida but something else- terrible right? lol )
    Oh I can see how that could be irritating. Is it perioral dermatitis?

Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    I have posted a ton about candida on here. Been dealing with it for a really long time. Have digestive issues and dermatitis because of it. I just wrote a huge post on my blog about my journey and my own do's and don'ts about what to eat/what not to eat.

primalpat.com
    Thanks! I had time to check it out a bit. It seems like your Candida problem is much worse than mine. I guess it really come down to your own body. It will tell you whether it likes something or not.

Sunnivara is offline Senior Member
    Hi All;

Here is my story:

I currently suffer from a condition called Candida. I’ve had symptoms of constipation, bloating, "brain-fog", cystic acne, weight gain, sleep disturbance and craving sweets; just to name a few.
    This really sounds like hypothyroidism to me, not the catch-all "Candida", which might explain why iodine seems to help some people. I had a mile long list of symptoms, including some of the ones you list, and a few people tried to talk me into an anti-candida regimen. Then I had a doctor run lab tests. No candida was found. But a "normal" sluggish thyroid was found. By that I mean lab tests were within the normal range but but at the extreme end. Many doctors do not treat thyroid if it's "normal" no matter how many symptoms a patient has. I finally found a doctor who would and treatment with thyroid hormone replacement resolved all these issues.
    Last edited by Sunnivara; 03-14-2012 at 08:24 AM.

patski is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Thanks! I had time to check it out a bit. It seems like your Candida problem is much worse than mine. I guess it really come down to your own body. It will tell you whether it likes something or not.
    Everyone reacts differently to certain foods. I cannot consume anything fermented right now, even though many folks tout apple cider vinegar and kefir. Can't touch 'em.

I'm not even eating any fruit, or high starch veggies right now like parsnips, sweet potatoes or carrots. When I made my BBQ parsnip fries, my perioral dermatitis got worse overnight! Wretched thing.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast