Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Candida VS Paleo page 2

Aliophile is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I hadn't heard that iodine is an antifungal. How do you take iodine?
    Iodine Therapy

I've been gradually increasing my daily iodine by 150mcg intervals and am now up to 750mcg as of today. I also apply 2% tincture to my skin at those parts of the body with blood vessels close to the surface, wrists, inner elbows, and paint other various body parts. I'm awaiting the arrival of a shipment of iodoral and I'll do 6.25 mg and build myself up to 50mg (or more or less depending on what my toxin elimination results are)

There are also practitioners who, operating under the belief that skin cancer is caused by fungus, treat skin cancer lesions successfully with iodine.
    || 2/28/12 || 5'6" || 144 lbs ||
    My goals: 125 lbs, 27" waist, fat-free, shapely, muscular legs
    AND to be able to do my very first pull up!

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Hi! Sorry to wake you, Nancy, but your little daydream is just too painful to watch. Candida is a boogeyman used to sell snake oil. Nothing more!
    Are you for real? I normally wouldn't wish a raging yeast infection on ANYONE but in this case I'll make an exception.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliophile View Post
    Iodine Therapy

I've been gradually increasing my daily iodine by 150mcg intervals and am now up to 750mcg as of today. I also apply 2% tincture to my skin at those parts of the body with blood vessels close to the surface, wrists, inner elbows, and paint other various body parts. I'm awaiting the arrival of a shipment of iodoral and I'll do 6.25 mg and build myself up to 50mg (or more or less depending on what my toxin elimination results are)

There are also practitioners who, operating under the belief that skin cancer is caused by fungus, treat skin cancer lesions successfully with iodine.
    Thank you. This is very interesting. I will try to eat more seaweed - I do like seaweed, as well as Japanese cuisine. I had problems with mercury poisoning and it is interesting that my possible symptoms of low thryroid function have lessened since I sorted that out (i.e. I'm feeling the cold a lot less after losing about 35 lbs). I'd say I'm fairly neutral now. And generally, candida is not such a problem for me as it used to be.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Thank you. This is very interesting. I will try to eat more seaweed
    You're welcome! There is so much information to absorb it's mind boggling. I believe the key is to remember our bodies are systems and there is no single supplement that's going to cure all our ills. Each bodily system works in conjunction with all the others and everything we do or don't put into our bodies affects the functioning of the whole. I do think the full paleo lifestyle meets our bodies needs on a holistic level. So far my experience with it has been just wonderful. And I'm so happy to have found a community where people are taking responsibility for their own health and well being!

lashes86 is offline Junior Member
    No doubt Mr Know-it-all knifegill will prove beyond reasonable doubt to those of us who have actually experienced candida that it was all in our minds. Also in the minds of horses.

Er ... perhaps not.
    It is definitely NOT a subject of my imagination!! Candida is a real problem. My question is more along the lenghts of if you actually really need a "Candida" diet in order to treat Candida or if going Primal would/could have the same effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliophile View Post
    All I know is that since I've gone paleo and fully cut out grains and mostly cut out sugar (couple teaspoons of raw honey per say in my tea) I have not had a raging yeast infection for the very first time right before my period IN YEARS! I always get one in the two weeks between ovulation and the start of my period. I've also begun an iodine protocol. Iodine is also an antifungal and most of us our deficient in it. It may benefit you to do some research on the iodine threads here and see what you think of giving it a try.

I've heard about Iodine. I will definitely try this. Speaking of which, this is worth the watch:
    http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvi..._Mitochondria/
    Last edited by lashes86; 03-14-2012 at 06:08 AM.

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    Kefir is meant to be really good for candida. Im just starting to get into it and at first it seemed rediculous to think a live yeast would be a cure! But reading more and more about it, it seems it will kill off the bad bacteria that is causing the overgrowth and level things out. Like most things, it takes a while for the body to adjust to it and the candida will cling on for dear life at first, but perseverence is the key - as usual!

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lashes86 View Post
    It is definitely NOT a subject of my imagination!! Candida is a real problem. My question is more along the lenghts of if you actually really need a "Candida" diet in order to treat Candida or if going Primal would/could have the same effects.
    I think it will depend on your susceptibility to candida. In my experience, I still need to eat a low yeast/mold and low fructose, low sugar diet. I rarely eat fruit. So for me simply eating 'primally' is not enough.

I find eating full fat, low lactose dairy helpful, as candida hates that.

I'm not as prone to candida as I used to be, so I don't have to be so strict any more, e.g. I can tolerate white wine, black tea and some hard goats cheeses. Apart from those I avoid fermented foods.

I was more prone to candida, especially chronic sinus infections and a bloated gut, when I had mercury amalgam fillings. I got them replaced with safe fillings a few years ago.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

LexxyV86 is offline Senior Member
    tea tree oil is also a good for fungal infections you could invest in body wash that contains tea tree oil or place a few drops in the bath.. sort of tingly though!!! I am sure you could also find a lotion as well just some ideas

I am actually having a similar issue with a fungal skin infection and have been using a shampoo from the doctor- I have noticed though that diet has helped it ( I just needed some medical as well) and it is going away with both aiding me

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by LexxyV86 View Post
    tea tree oil is also a good for fungal infections you could invest in body wash that contains tea tree oil or place a few drops in the bath.. sort of tingly though!!! I am sure you could also find a lotion as well just some ideas

I am actually having a similar issue with a fungal skin infection and have been using a shampoo from the doctor- I have noticed though that diet has helped it ( I just needed some medical as well) and it is going away with both aiding me
    You should really try to incorporate coconut oil into your diet. It has definitely helped my acne and dry scalp. It has lots of anti-fungal propreties.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast